• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expectations for 2022

Eevee800

Previous known as KenzeyEevee
Reaction score
Since 2022 is approaching, it is time to call out our dreams and hopes in terms of character development for Satoshi, Trio, Gou and Koharu. What old characters you want see appear, which opponents you want Satoshi to face. How do you think Project Mew will continue, what Koharus dream will be?

What i am trying to sqy that i don't have qny expection. Only Mayne a new movie for pokemon. But i just hope to see rica matsumoto sing again pokemons op or ending as she never appeared after SM first op

I have no idea what to expect, Pokemon's been a bit harder to predict. I mean Legends Arceus? Ash getting a Mega? Who knows....

Also it is hard to tell because of Legends: I really cannot see GF putting out it and Gen 9 yet I also don't know how they can space stuff out for the other three (known) Hyper Class fights and the other important battles surely to happen.

I have no idea what to expect, Pokemon's been a bit harder to predict. I mean Legends Arceus? Ash getting a Mega? Who knows....

Also it is hard to tell because of Legends: I really cannot see GF putting out it and Gen 9 yet I also don't know how they can space stuff out for the other three (known) Hyper Class fights and the other important battles surely to happen.
I cant see them doing 6 months with three battles for Satoshi until the Master 8. Unlesss the Master 8 is like the Aloloan League.

I'm still leading heavily towards this being Journeys' last year. There is Legends Arceus, but I can't see them waiting over a year to release another main series game. That would be good for a few reasons, especially less crunch time for the developers, but I don't see TPCI wanting to miss out on more holiday money for next year.

In regards to the anime itself, I also have a hard time imagining how they could stretch out Journeys for another year. It's certainly possible, but I think that the pacing would have to become drastically slower and I don't see that happening either. Ash is already in the Hyper Class too, so I could easily see him getting through to the Master Class relatively quickly.

I'm still leading heavily towards this being Journeys' last year. There is Legends Arceus, but I can't see them waiting over a year to release another main series game. That would be good for a few reasons, especially less crunch time for the developers, but I don't see TPCI wanting to miss out on more holiday money for next year.

In regards to the anime itself, I also have a hard time imagining how they could stretch out Journeys for another year. It's certainly possible, but I think that the pacing would have to become drastically slower and I don't see that happening either. Ash is already in the Hyper Class too, so I could easily see him getting through to the Master Class relatively quickly.
I cant see them doing 6 months with 3 Hyperclass opponents for example.

Really at this point, I'm just expecting a whole lot of random meh episodes mix in with Ash battles, Eevolution episodes, and Project Mew episodes all endind with Ash leaving to a new region, hopefully without Goh.
Oh you think so?

What I expect...no one can predict it, but I have some hopes for a few things.

• Serena returning (maybe with Chloe's Eevee meeting Serena's Sylveon).
  • Chloe finding a goal.
  • More World Coronation Series battles.
  • (True) Isle of Armor Arc.
  • (True) Crown Thundra Arc with Calyrex playing a major role (with Ash, Goh and maybe Team Rocket learning about future events).
  • More Galarian Pokémon and characters being introduced (for example, Hop since he's Leon's younger brother).
  • More G-Max Pokémon (Cinderace, Inteleon, Eevee, etc.)
But if there was a Legends: Arceus arc, I expect it to be a subseries.

Last edited:
I just want the TRio to show up and do something meaningful. I don’t think 2021 has given us even 1 decent showing :mad:
Sadly it is true. Even the Morpeko thing went through the toilet as soon as JN072. Has not been seen for 20 episodes. Maybe Team Rocket can think about their lifes or something like that?

Sadly it is true. Even the Morpeko thing went through the toilet as soon as JN072. Has not been seen for 20 episodes. Maybe Team Rocket can think about their lifes or something like that?

This rumor about the future Team Rocket focus was real?… I really need to know… TT_TT
00757E47-8F8D-4069-99EA-310AF1044056.png

Last edited:
Also, i want to hear new op or ending from rica matsumoto. She did first op in sun moon and then dissapeared from pokemon ops and ending

I don't have high hopes honestly. We've gone two years and this series has taught me to keep my expectations low. I honestly hope 2022 is the end of Journeys and Goh's time as a main character.

Also we're LOOOOOOONG overdue for a new opening. How many versions of 1 2 3 are we even gonna get?

Last edited:
I don't have high hopes honestly. We've gone two years and this series has taught me to keep my expectations low.

Also we're LOOOOOOONG overdue for a new opening. How many versions of 1 2 3 are we even gonna get?

Journeys has a hit or miss record.
3 max?

I don't have high hopes honestly. We've gone two years and this series has taught me to keep my expectations low.

I expect at least one more version of 1.2.3. that's sung by Ash and Goh, which would either be a TV opening or only as a cover (ala Getta Ban Ban sung by Ash and Pikachu)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom