• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expectations/Wishlists from "Aim to Be a Pokémon Master"

I said it in the initial thread, but I would give anything to see Misty reunited with her Togetic. My little 10 year old heart still needs the mending.

Aside from that, I just really want a satisfactory story for these beloved characters, one that Journeys didn't provide. I don't want to say end, because I also really want the door to stay open for future appearances from them. But I want to see them reunited with Pokémon we haven't seen in a long time, and I want to be pleasantly surprised by the storylines.

I'm so nervous and excited for these 11 episodes all at the same time, it's hard right now for me to pinpoint exactly what it is I want to see, aside from some hope that we can see them all again, even if it's not as main characters.

As someone has mentioned already, I'd really like to see the Team Rocket trio get a proper sendoff/closure.

They are just as important as Ash and have been around longer than any other recurring character on the show, and many of us grew up emotionally invested in their character arcs as well. They deserve a happy ending too.

I would hate for it to end with them just chasing after after Ash's Pikachu for the rest of eternity.

I'm a bit mixed on Team Rocket. On one hand, giving them some closure with actually stealing Pikachu or leaving the Team Rocket organization for good to pursue their own dreams together sounds nice. But on the other hand, I don't know if they'd want to prevent the possibility of having them return down the road too. Plus, Team Rocket being determined to chase after Ash and Pikachu forever would fit just as well as Ash continuing to travel around the world off-screen.

My wishlist for the end of Satoshi’s journey was for him to reunite with Kasumi and Takeshi for one last adventure so tbh, unless that ends up being a fake-out in which they only appear for an episode or two and not the whole mini-series, my dreams have already been fulfilled.

But I just have to say as a primary Rocket fan, the amount of desire expressed for the TRio to have a happy ending in this thread makes my heart sing :bulbaLove: You guys!!

Like many of you I’m also hoping for a proper conclusion to the TRio’s story. I think an open ended ‘we’ll follow this Pikachu forever’ ending would be super lame and is unnecessary - they can still return if needed for nostalgia baiting without that. In fact, what would be stupider IMO is them having to return every time Satoshi does just to do a basic attack and blast off.

My ideal route out for them would be similar to what @kantoskies wrote out. Let them succeed and then realise what a poisoned chalice it is, and how their values are truly misaligned with that of the Rocket Gang, and then be the heroes of the day! Even better if that can tie in with Satoshi vs Sakaki and bringing the whole organisation down. (Like really, is the Rocket Gang required anymore? Even if a future need arises they can always do a GSC and resurrect them with the admins hunting Sakaki or whatever.)

Alternatively, bring back Rumika and have Musashi crash Kojiro’s forced wedding and steal the groom :p I could live with that…

Also put me down for seeing their old Pokémon. For starters I’ll be disappointed if they don’t reunite with their Alola family when they visit. My ideal would be them picking up a full team of classic mons from HQ in episode 1 (having been stripped of the Gatchat) - after all, staples like Habunake, Manene, Maaiika are all languishing there - for the inevitable silly battles they need to have with Satoshi during the arc. Of course an Arbok/Matadogas reunion would be the icing on the cake.

In the process of their silliness I would love to see plenty of their balloon, the Koiking submarine, bad disguises and yes, some freshly animated mottos accompanied by old motto music (I’ll take any gen of Miyazaki music thanks).

At the very end when they do the inevitable montage of what people are up to I would like to see them happily settled together in Alola - I can’t think of anywhere more fitting. There are so many options for what they could be ‘doing’ including hospitality, their radio show, something showy (Musashi) or mechanical (Kojiro) or diplomatic (Nyasu). Or they could just have their manga ending, again, I can happily live with that :wynaut:

I'd like an episode where May, Dawn AND Serena get to compete in the same contest. One last hurrah for traditional contests.

And Musashi, maybe even appearing as herself? (This wasn’t on my list before but it damn well is now tee hee!)

I'm just hoping it'll be at least a decent or satisfactory enough conclusion for both Ash and Pikachu (and yes even Team Rocket as well, they deserve better than the crap they got in Journeys) since in terms of their main story, the door will basically be shut on that.

I think we may see some cameos from all prior companions (unless they thought Ash vs Leon was perfect enough) too as one last hurrah to them since we most likely aren't seeing them again for a long long while either.

Mon wise it will most certainly be cool to reunite with some of his released/hanging around somewhere else mons although I don't expect it to be all of them.

Oh and plenty of Ash and Pikachu bonding moments, fill it with em.

And no Ash won't get married to anyone or have a kid and no they probably won't reveal who Ash's father is (but let's be honest, with Kukui who needs him?)

How this series will end is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
For me , I want Ash to reunite with all the pokémon he previously released. From Butterfree to Greninja, even the Larvitar he released in Johto.I want him to evolve is Primeape to give him at least one gen 9 pokemon. I don't want a lot of screen time for is unova team except if he is gooing to improve some of them cause that's his worst pokémon and except for the starters, the rest was awfully done. We need one last battle with is og rival Gary to remember the good old time.We need to see him travel with Brock and Misty like before and have Brock cook meals for them and go crazy for girls again.I also want him to meet with trainers he previously met like the Electabuzz girl, the samurai at the beginny, ritchie, todd,etc. And we finaly need to see him battle Giovanni in a real 6v6 battle conclude team rocket once and for all.As for Jessie ,James and Meowth, I want them to meet Butch and Cassidy for one last time. I also want them to go for their previous pokemon like Weezing,Arbok and Dustox, their last episodes where so heartbreaking. Would be nice if they make Giovanni proud at least once. But the thing I want the most for them is to find a meaning,something they are good at and maybe they need to leave Team Rocket for that to happen. But they deserve a proper ending after the treatment they received in the last two gen.

Oh and for god sake, if they are giving a love interest to Ash, it would be an insult if it was not Misty. After all, that's the original love interest and that's how it was supposed to be originaly.

I expect nothing. I’m just grateful that we are getting 11 more episodes with Ash Ketchum. I don’t want to hope for something and have it not happen, because then I would be disappointed and not be able to enjoy Ash’s swan song. I want to appreciate these episodes for what they are, not what I want them to be.

Team Rocket being determined to chase after Ash and Pikachu forever would fit just as well as Ash continuing to travel around the world off-screen.
That works for Inspector Zengitata forever chasing Lupin III because he is clearly in his element as an officer of the law. Not so for the Team Rocket Trio, who clearly have better options for them.

I expect nothing. I’m just grateful that we are getting 11 more episodes with Ash Ketchum. I don’t want to hope for something and have it not happen, because then I would be disappointed and not be able to enjoy Ash’s swan song. I want to appreciate these episodes for what they are, not what I want them to be.
I know you and I want Amourshipping

I know you and I want Amourshipping
There are definitely things I want to see, like Amourshipping, and other things like a scene where Misty, Max, and Croagunk all attack Brock over a girl, or Arbok and Weezing appearing one more time. However, I feel like I can’t judge these episodes based on my wants, since we aren’t being promised anything specific. I want things to happen, but I’m not going to let my wants ruin these episodes for me if they don’t happen. I rather not stress myself out over possibilities and just enjoy the ride. That’s why I expect nothing.

I fear that Amourshipping won’t be addressed since Yajima isn’t on the team but Tomiyasu is.

My expectations are very low because I know how they screwed over Ash and Serena’s reunion and Ash-Greninja vs MCX rematch that was probably going to happen.

Not sure if it indicates anything at all, but the poster for Aim to Be a Pokémon Master contains Pokémon such as Lapras, Butterfree, Primeape and even Larvitar, but no Haunter is in sight. Whether Gengar overshadows the poor thing, or the episodes will have room for each of these Pokémon but not Haunter.

Unlike some other people in this thread, I don't want them to live Ash too open ended. I want them to have him realize what he wants to do in life instead of him vaguely going on "a journey". If he wants to keep travelling around like a hermit and never stay in one place, make it clear that that's what he wants to do for the rest of his life instead of him only doing it to find a purpose which we will never see. And there are a million other goals they can give him - Catching every Pokemon like Goh, going to Alola and helping them set up a proper league with Gyms using his experience with other leagues, becoming a teacher or even a professor, opening a Pokemon sanctuary. I just don't want them to leave it ENTIRELY up to interpretation, I want Ash to leave with some canon direction even if there is no time skip.

I still am not sure with how these episodes are going to play out as I keep reading differing summations, but I think it would be lovely if several of the episodes are dedicated to Ash checking in on his friends and seeing what they are up to/where their futures are headed; for Dawn's episode, I would love to see a Contest (or Grand Festival finale) Battle - we can skip the Appeal(s). So, yes - a full episode with Serena and a full, voiced, episode with May. Imo, May's VA needs to give her blessing so someone else can send her off appropriately with a speaking role. His friends, and their Pokémon, made the show too for many viewers and that should be acknowledged in a substantial manner.

I really hope Brock and Misty aren't gonna be the only companions to appear which seems like a possibility due to the poster. I also hope that we'll see Ash use his reserves in battle, and that they tie a few loose ends like Ash-Greninja and maybe even bring up the GS Ball, even as a short throwaway line would be nice.

No, i don't think Brock and Misty will be the only companions to appear.

However... i do think Brock and Misty will become Ash's travel companions, one last time... and that they will appear in every episode... but the other companions get episodes dedicated to them, except for maybe May and Max (Due to Mays VA status). However... its also up in the air if the travel companions will appear solo or together (For example have Serena, Clemont and Bonnie join together, same with Iris and Cilan... and possibly throwing in Biance and Stephan as well). Maybe they also give us some rivals like Harrisson and Morrisson, but if we get rivals... i am convinced at least Gary, Ritchie and Paul will show up as well.

Some clarification on just what exactly it means to be a Pokémon Master would be nice. After all, how can Ash become one if he doesn't even know for sure what it is? The title would seem to suggest that this is the whole premise of the arc, but one can never be sure.

As many have already been asking for, a definite conclusion to Team Rocket's arc is a must. The hero can't possibly leave the show without finally bringing down Public Enemy #1, Giovanni, can he?

And lastly....I'm going to bring up Ash's father, but for a good reason. I think it would be fitting if they revealed that he's been chasing Ho-Oh all this time and has never managed to catch it. And then Ash should manage the feat himself, surpassing his old man and concluding his journey by catching the rare Pokémon he saw on the very day it began.

And lastly....I'm going to bring up Ash's father, but for a good reason. I think it would be fitting if they revealed that he's been chasing Ho-Oh all this time and has never managed to catch it. And then Ash should manage the feat himself, surpassing his old man and concluding his journey by catching the rare Pokémon he saw on the very day it began.
I misunderstood completely and thought you were saying Ash's father was Ho-Oh... :lapras:

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom