• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expectations/Wishlists from "Aim to Be a Pokémon Master"

Maybe we will get to see Ash acting as a pokemon master, in situations.

I would not count on a grown up version. But expect him to act like the champion version of himself.

Maybe ending it all by traveling with a legendary pokemon by his side.

A closer for Greninja and Team Rocket is needed. Whould not mind also for some traveling with his past companions.

I've been sitting here trying to think of how they could pace this series with only 11 episodes, trying to evenly distribute the love among the entire show. This is what I came up with:

01: Introduction, Kasumi and Takeshi reunite with Satoshi and decide to travel with him, Latias shenanigans, honestly looks like most of the clips from the trailer
02: Rocket episode, sets up their departure, maybe something happens that makes them question their loyalty to Team Rocket. Could throw in some Kanto nostalgia for good measure.
03: Original Series episode, maybe focus on Houou? Or Nanako/Hiroshi show up? Get some old COTDs in there!
04: Advanced Generation episode, Haruka and Masato! I still think there's a way to get Haruka here, but time will tell if that's possible.
05: Diamond & Pearl episode- tbh I know they already did this with the Arceus specials, but I think there's still more that can be done here, even though Hikari has a great amount of screentime this past series. Could be cool to see one last true contest.
06: Best Wishes episode- we saw a fair amount of Iris in PM19, let's hear from Dent! And the BW rivals! Could be fun to see Iris and Dent interact with the comedic relief Rocket trio.
07: XY episode- we saw all of the XY companions a decent amount in PM19 but it would be nice to see them all reunite here.
08: Sun & Moon episode- could be nice to see Lilie interact with the classmates again. And since Kasumi and Takeshi have met them all already, it could be nice to see them reunite as well.
09: Pocket Monsters '19 episode- even though it's weird to have a tribute to a series that would have just ended a few months earlier, I guess it would be weird not to include them.
10: Rockets final episode, would love for them to use that idea I had where they actually capture Pikachu- if they did it right I guess I could see them cramming it into one episode, especially if they already got another focus episode earlier in the set.
11: Final episode- Possibly bring everyone back for one goodbye party? Even with some in silent cameos? Would also love a sweet goodbye between the Rockets and Satoshi, or a silent cameo from the Rockets. Satoshi decides to travel alone with Pikachu, somewhat mirrors Red in the Gen II games. Leaves us with a "never-ending journey" ending that I am almost positive we'll get in some capacity.

Obviously I don't think things will be this neat and tidy- for all we know we won't see all of the old traveling companions and each series won't get equal love. It's also a long shot to think the Rocket trio will get two whole episodes to themselves after their abysmal showing in recent years, no matter how much they deserve it. This was mainly for me to think out how they could possibly organize things.

Could be fun to see Iris and Dent interact with the comedic relief Rocket trio.

Iris and Cilan look confused as the Trio bicker
Iris: (with a giant sweatdrop) Are you sure this is them? They seem a lot less... competent.
Cilan: (also with sweatdrop) But they are more amusing.

04: Advanced Generation episode, Haruka and Masato! I still think there's a way to get Haruka here, but time will tell if that's possible.
The only way for her to come back would be to change the VA for this one time, and we know that the creators won't (they had a chance in JN, but they didn't take it).
06: Best Wishes episode- we saw a fair amount of Iris in PM19, let's hear from Dent!
I wouldn't mind him, and isn't his VA too expensive?
How would it appear?

Since there is region hopping I really hope that the Orange Islands gets a tiny amount of love, highly doubt it would be the setting of an entire episode, but it would be cool if it were mentioned in passing or a part of a montage or something.

Like so many others I would really like to see Pidgeot, it wouldn't be very hard to include at this point. I would love all former companions to have meaningful roles, but I'm not overly optimistic about that because of the VA issues. I would also love meaningful roles for all Pokemon, but there are too many for that to be realistic in 11 episodes. It would be cool to see some other minor characters like Duplica, Sakura, or Todd, or some Pokemon like Larvitar, Haunter, or Ambipom.

It would also be kind of cool if there was a passing montage of Ash battling all the trainers he promised to battle again someday throughout the series (there are a ton of them). There were some other promises of meeting again as well throughout the history of the series, just showing snippets of fulfilling some of that would be a really neat touch.

At the conclusion I just hope it establishes meaningful goals for everyone moving forward, promises that they will remain friends, and a set up that makes it possible they could still be a part of the series in the future, even if just for minor appearances.

It would be really cool if each member of the Trio decides to pursue one of their (many) random talents and leave Team Rocket (although I hope they do so in a way that they remain close friends). Hopefully they can recover their old Pokemon from headquarters and also meet some of their released Pokemon.

Otherwise I don't want to wish for too much specific because I don't want to disappoint myself, at this point I'm really excited about the potential this mini-series has because it is focused on the history of the anime that I loved so much more than the present. I'm definitely expecting to get emotional watching this one.

I hope they confirm Dawn and May as top coordinators. It’s been long enough.
More than that, I hope we see one of them win a Grand Festival, particularly a Grand Festival that still has a battle round. We should have enough episodes for it since there are eleven (ten after the first one) so while the initial Sinnoh Grand Festival was four episodes, I could easily see a second one being two or three since the others were three episodes and there could probably be things cut out, especially since Jessie would not likely be a part of this one, that could cut it down to two full episodes and maybe part of a third.

Other things I want to see are a rematch between Ash and Tobias, as well as a final battle against Gary where Pikachu is used since Ash has yet to beat Gary when he's used Pikachu against him. Against Tobias, I'd like to see Ash use his six strongest Pokémon and hopefully win with more than one Pokémon remaining to show just how far he has come since his first battle against Tobias.

More than that, I hope we see one of them win a Grand Festival, particularly a Grand Festival that still has a battle round. We should have enough episodes for it since there are eleven (ten after the first one) so while the initial Sinnoh Grand Festival was four episodes, I could easily see a second one being two or three since the others were three episodes and there could probably be things cut out, especially since Jessie would not likely be a part of this one, that could cut it down to two full episodes and maybe part of a third.

Other things I want to see are a rematch between Ash and Tobias, as well as a final battle against Gary where Pikachu is used since Ash has yet to beat Gary when he's used Pikachu against him. Against Tobias, I'd like to see Ash use his six strongest Pokémon and hopefully win with more than one Pokémon remaining to show just how far he has come since his first battle against Tobias.
I wish we could see all this, but I’m concerned that Ash’s companions are nothing but an afterthought for the writers at this point.

The TRio go good, get respectable jobs, which they seem to do well at, would quite like to see Jessie go back to Coordinating.

All of Ash's released/left for training Pokemon to be reunited with, keep his promise to come back for them etc.

The GS Ball finally addressed. Maybe if Goh's arc with Mew is now finished, he could become interested in Celebi, similar to how the Celebi event comes after the Mew event in Pokemon Go.

What I want? Hmmm....
images (7).jpeg

Source: Top coordinator - Hikari / Maya / Dawn by Viper3n3n3 on DeviantArt

I was thinking more about this today, I still find it a bit surreal this is all happening. I started thinking about how do you even end an entire 25 year series like this one (although I still am holding out hope the new series is within the same continuity that could allow for some minor throwbacks). It got me to thinking about the endings to the individual series and which ones I liked the best.

1. Ending to AG - The unofficial contest with Ash and May tying was a really fun touch. That final battle was able to showcase how much May had grown on her journey and with this series being the introduction of contests I thought it was the perfect ending (and I also love how it got a shout out in May's DP return). The entire episode was really captivating for me - the Combusken evo was also a nice touch. The following episode has some nice emotional moments and then the fun preview to the next series with the battle with Gary.
2. Ending to OS - I like how this included some realistic emotions, Misty getting upset and running off, then proving herself, while also getting support from her friends. Then the emotional departure and the gifts that Ash uses against Team Rocket to show his friends are always with him. This was a very emotional ending.
3. Ending to XY - No it isn't because of the kiss - like the others there are some emotional goodbyes, Dedenne running away is really cute and Bonnie's speech is adorable (tears were shed lol), but what I like the most is the symmetry of Ash and Clemont having the exact same battle they did on Ash's first day in Kalos.
4. Ending to SM - Even though I wasn't a big fan of SM, this was a really well done ending. Everyone in class gets a chance to have their moment and all have fitting goals moving forward. The final battle with Kiawe was cool, and then the emotional ending for Lillie and awakening of Magearna was also a nice touch.
5. Ending to DP - This one was a little more generic to me, nothing overly special, but still emotional. I do love the Togekiss comforting Piplup and Pikachu scene, and the fact that the wonderful music from Kimi no Mune even makes it into the dub.
6. Ending to BW - This one was emotionless compared to the others so it was definitely the most disappointing. In the end it turned into just hopping on a train and saying goodbye. The climax did include a nice teamwork moment for the companions and they did wind up discussing future endeavors (although they were vague), it just wasn't an emotional enough goodbye in my opinion to wrap up a three year series.
No post for journeys yet since I still watch dub (I know lol - I'm crazy).

All that being said you can't really end an entire series so neatly. There are no "perfect" little analogies to end on (although the very end having something to do with Ho oh would make some sense) and there is so much to pay respect to. It isn't necessarily characters saying goodbye to each other like past series as much as it is the series saying goodbye to us. The main theme that I hope carries over from other past endings is showing the growth of each character and leaving them with a positive goal. I do hope they don't overly focus on Gen I and really spread the love out, but I'm really just happy they are doing this, because they didn't have to. I really look forward to what they come up with for the ending, I'm looking forward to this mini-series, as I hope it is a celebration of the last 25 years of a wonderful show.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom