• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expectations/Wishlists from "Aim to Be a Pokémon Master"

If they really do something crazy like "Riko is Satoshi's daughter" plot, I hope they won't reveal who's the mother. Imagine being MiyaToriaka and just watch as quarter century long ship you supported all those years just denied in the end. Terrible experience.

Now, I don't think Riko is Ash's daughter--if the new series is in the same continuity I expect Ash to have not aged at all--and if she is I can easily see them leaving it ambiguous who the mother is.

But...

...imagine if it was Angie and the people who put their chips on the long odds won.

Last edited:
If they really do something crazy like "Riko is Satoshi's daughter" plot, I hope they won't reveal who's the mother. Imagine being MiyaToriaka and just watch as quarter century long ship you supported all those years just denied in the end. Terrible experience.
At this point, I would legit just laugh if they did reveal the mother and it turned out the answer was ‘none of the above’. It would legit be totally worth it if only to see the reaction of the Amourshippers after what will have been months of them being so certain that she’s Serena’s daughter.

At this point, I would legit just laugh if they did reveal the mother and it turned out the answer was ‘none of the above’. It would legit be totally worth it if only to see the reaction of the Amourshippers after what will have been months of them being so certain that she’s Serena’s daughter.
It sounds like Ash wins the Semi Final against Cynthia all over again. Just a heart ment to be broken.

Hey man, I'm an Amourshipper, and even I'm not 100% convinced she's Ash's daughter yet. She could just as easily be totally unrelated to him, and most likely is. (It'll be great if she is his daughter though! :D)

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder if people actually are interested in this show for, you know, anything real or if they only use it as a basis to write fanfiction about two ten-year-olds confessing their love for one another.

This is one that's kinda flown past me. But I'd love to see an updated version of that photo from the end of B&W.

Like maybe after the ending scene and credits (or even during the credits if they go montage mode), they could do a similar scene afterwards where I dunno Delia's busy cleaning up the house and she just smiles at the photo of Ash, Pikachu and all of his Pokémon. And I'm not just talking about his mons at Oak's lab.... no I'm talking about all his mons at Oak's lab (including the Journeys team) and his Alola team and all of his other mons that are either with other people or somewhere else like Greninja (feel like this might be a stretch since it's not guaranteed that every single one will appear but with Squirtle coming back next month anything's possible).

Also one final scene of Ash and Pikachu on their own talking about how far they've come together in the final episode because I'm just like that.

it will be interesting to see if Primeape and Pidgeot return
After they teased us with a Pidgeot in JN006 and since nothing came out of it, I am disappointed that we are far into the series this much and no word about Pidgeot. One ultimate wish of mine is an episode dedicated to Pidgeot.

• I want Ash to act more mature than in Journeys and to seriously question what it means to be the strongest and a Pokemon Master. Deep stuff in the vein of "Will I get any fun If I continue getting stronger?" or "After becoming a Pokemon Master, then what?"
  • All companions reappearing again, even the ones that got decent focus in Journeys.
  • Misty's Politoed and Brock's Marshtomp reappear.
  • Max to act more independently from May and receiving focus on his dreams.
  • A regular contest with May, Serena and Dawn all being involved.
  • Cilan's hobbies returning.
  • Ambipom revealing she returned to contest after realizing Ping pong sucks and that it was a terrible decision using those exact words.
  • Mallow doing something. On retrospect she was the classmate that did the least in Journeys.
  • Like others I want Team Rocket to settle down yet to stay together. My dream would be if they become police people so they can keep their motto and their style of doing things, but I would be okay if they end up with a small business like the Bewear honey one. And at least Arbok and Weezing should reappear.
  • More reanimated flashbacks from all series.

I know I'm not the first to think of this, but I do think the eleven episodes being symbolism with the final episode being Ash's 11th birthday party could allow for an interesting plot. I know it makes zero sense for everything to have happened in a year, but that ship sailed long ago, just from a perspective of how to reasonably get all the important characters from history together as a special goodbye to this series could easily be a special birthday party for Ash - who has made tons of friends and done countless favors throughout the series. That would be a cool opportunity for important characters throughout history to be present, while also having the "background" characters at the party all be semi-significant characters and Cotd's with whom Ash made strong friendships with in a short time [how fun would it be for everyone in the background to be some sort of reference?!]. The best part to me is the opportunity for the Trio to act as if they are going to crash the party, but instead to begrudgingly give Ash and Pikachu some sort of gift to transition towards no longer chasing him in the future and turning towards whatever their futures hold. I also think it could be a symbolic way for the show to "unlock" Ash's timeline, allowing him (and other characters from this series) to age. That sets them up for the opportunity to have any of them make minor appearances in the future as long as (please please please) the new series is set in the same continuity.

They should retroactively rename Pokémon (2019) into Pokémon Aim to be a Pokémon Master, with PM as a shorthand. Like: Pokémon OS, AG, DP, BW, XY, SM, PM.

It would be nice if James meets both of his old Victreebel again and discovers (maybe for a part thanks to Meowth translating) they are now a happy couple. So James can get some closure. Because like it went wasn't the best goodbye. First James was forced to trade his Victreebel by Jessie and Meowth. And afterwards Jessie (with Arbok) kicked James's new Victreebel out of the TRio group. Once again not James's choice. It would be nice if his original Victreebel sees James first and bites him like it used to. Scaring Jessie and Meowth, but making James laugh, recognizing the bite and Victreebel immediately.

And maybe we can at least see an image of his pokémon he keeps at home, although in different properties (Growlie and Chimeco). It would be nice if they met and are now hanging out.

Last edited:
It’s now really clear to me that any initial thought I had of regional/individual former companion farewell episodes is null and void. They’ve gone out of their way to make the settings generic, even insofar as the Pokemon featured, and there’s no evidence that that will change. Since even Satoshi’s Alolan team are available on tap without need for explanation, geography is clearly not going to be a factor.

Equally, Kasumi, Takeshi (outside of the Arceus specials) and Dent were exceptions for not having returns in PM19 until now. The only other remainders are Kenji (who is easy enough to squeeze in if their desire outweighs his seiyuu’s fee) and Haruka/Masato who are out for the count due to Kaori’s health status. I wouldn’t 100% rule out a big party in episode 11 but I also wouldn’t count on it.

So we’re left with celebrating core series concepts, Original Trio/TRio and an assortment of Satoshi’s pokemon. At least as far as I can gauge from what’s been put out so far. It’s good to have an idea that the scope is so small so that expectations can be set accordingly…

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom