• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expectations/Wishlists from "Aim to Be a Pokémon Master"

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Now we know that throughout this 11 episode long special series, the original trio Ash, Misty and Brock, as well as the Team Rocket are going to be hopping around different regions and meet the older Pokémon that they befriended and gotten. In the light of that information, what characters, Pokémon and episodes would you like to see?

I would be glad to see the return of Ash's Pidgeot, Lapras and Haunter (I could have added Butterfree here as well, but you know...), as well as Brock's Vulpix and naturally Suzie. The next one may be a bit too much wishful, but I would die to see Misty reunite with the Golduck that she had mistaken for her own Psyduck back in Orange Islands arc. Maybe even she'll be fooled once again. A very decent and excellently focused Team Rocket episode is a must where the trio finishes their chapter in a good way that will please every Team Rocket fans out there.

The obvious solution to have Ash and Pikachu go around all eight Regions would be to simply have him take a plane like we saw in Journeys, but just once I would like to see him reunited with the Lapras he befriended back in the Orange Islands arc. It would make my heart grow three sizes to see him ride Lapras one final time. :bulbaLove:

Also him seeing Ho-Oh again properly and acknowledging it this time would be nice but I won't get my hopes up too much for that.

The obvious solution to have Ash and Pikachu go around all eight Regions would be to simply have him take a plane like we saw in Journeys, but just once I would like to see him reunited with the Lapras he befriended back in the Orange Islands arc. It would make my heart grow three sizes to see him ride Lapras one final time. :bulbaLove:

Also him seeing Ho-Oh again properly and acknowledging it this time would be nice but I won't get my hopes up too much for that.
But he already reunited with Lapras.

I really hope Brock and Misty aren't gonna be the only companions to appear which seems like a possibility due to the poster. I also hope that we'll see Ash use his reserves in battle, and that they tie a few loose ends like Ash-Greninja and maybe even bring up the GS Ball, even as a short throwaway line would be nice.

• Ash reunites with Pidgeot
  • Ash catches Latias (if the one in the trailer's the one from the 5th movie)
  • Other companions that didn't ended up returning in full in PM 2019 appear here to make up for it (May and Max, Cilan etc.)
  • The series ends on an open-ended note with Ash still changing clothes and going on a journey we don't see,
    leaving the door open for him and Pikachu to return in the future

Last edited:
I kind of like the idea of doing something with Greninja, if only so that it isn't just running around Kalos for the foreseeable future.

Even though Dawn has appeared a lot in Journeys, I kind of would like to see her get some upgrade to her team. Giving her a regular Typhlosion should not be impossible. I'm still just bitter that despite her appearances, she never felt like she made any off-screen progress like virtually every other returning character, so giving her something during these episodes would be nice.

I really like the idea of Ash and Pikachu continuing to travel in off-screen land. It makes sense with his character, would kind of fit with how AU Ash travels in the movies and it would make it easier for him to show up down the road in either Paldea, specials or movies. Despite how huge of a change this is for the anime, I can't see them never using Ash again, so keeping it open ended seems pretty reasonable.

The series ends on an open-ended note with Ash still changing clothes and going on a journey we don't see,
leaving the door open for him and Pikachu to return in the future
The story ending ambiguously would make everyone happy, shippers can headcanon whatever they want and nonshippers can do the same. Win-win.
I want Team Rocket closure as well. I think if Ash is going, the TRio are going as well. They need a final send off just like Ash. (I’ll miss you so much Wobby!)

- Closure for Team Rocket.

- Morpeko in a battle.

- Previous traveling companions appearing.

- No episodes dedicated to butterfree.

- Dawn becoming top coordinator.

- Iris and Cilan onscreen together.

- Greninja coming back to Ash permanently.

- One final battle against the Team Rocket organization in which they are forced to disband.

One episode on Team Rocket would be fantastic. I can imagine it now. They finally capture Pikachu... and Giovanni is not impressed.

Giovanni: THIS is the powerful Pokemon you were talking about? A run-of-the-mill Pikachu?!
James: But boss. It belongs to the World Champion!
Giovanni: And that is impressive since I have met him before, but you couldn't have gotten his Dragonite or Lucario instead? I would have even taken that fish abomination thing over a Pokemon that isn't even fully evolved!
James: But we have been trying to capture this thing since that Twerp's Pokemon journey started! (Jessie tries to shut James up but it is too late)
Giovanni: What?

Their boss is not happy to hear they have been wasting most of their company time trying to catch this rodent.

James: To be fair, we did try to capture other Poke-
Giovanni: Silence!

Eventually, it leads to the gang leaving Team Rocket and forging their own paths.

Last edited:
Definitely Team Rocket getting a resoluion. I'll not be happy if it ends with the TRio just endlessly and hopelessly stalking Satoshi for the rest of eternity. I want to see them finally settle down and actually start doing things they've shown genuine talents in. I also want Team Rocket as an organisation to be brought down, and for Satoshi to finally have a proper showdown with Sakaki.

Considering that Sakaki has now actually given the trio the go-ahead to capture Pikachu, I'd like them to actually accomplish it and deliver him to Sakaki only to find that they can't stomach whatever he plans to do with the yellow mouse and end up doing an about turn and help Satoshi rescue him.

Considering that Sakaki has now actually given the trio the go-ahead to capture Pikachu, I'd like them to actually accomplish it and deliver him to Sakaki only to find that they can't stomach whatever he plans to do with the yellow mouse and end up doing an about turn and help Satoshi rescue him.

Yeah, I can see that as well. To quote Wreck it Ralph, they may be "bad guys", but they are not bad guys. They have standards.

So I've had this idea for ages, but since we're at the end I'll just throw it out there: the Rocket trio finally, truly, actually captures Pikachu and sends it to HQ.

The original idea I had would have been a multi-episode arc, but in an 11-episode series that seems to be trying to cover all the ground that just doesn't seem feasible. This story would at minimum need two episodes so I don't see it happening, but I'll elaborate just for fun:

First part: Opens on the Rocket trio running back to their base/balloon/safehouse/wherever. They're carrying something and are excited yet determined. We don't see what it is but they are thrilled. They start gloating, boasting, celebrating, etc. They have to call Sakaki right away! For they have finally captured- and the screen pans down to reveal- Pikachu! After the title screen we see Satoshi and friends searching for Pikachu. They're clearly upset and getting more and more desperate by the minute. How could this happen? The Rocket trio has tried hundreds of times and never succeeded. This is where the gimmick of this episode comes in- it's one of those episodes where each character re-tells what happened earlier but in a clearly exaggerated way that favors themselves. Maybe Kasumi tells it that she and her fearless water Pokemon were able to slow down the Rocket trio, but then Takeshi got in the way. And then Takeshi tells it that he was the suave, charming hero who was interrupted by Satoshi. You get the idea. This leads to more arguing among the heroes. This could also be played up by the Rocket trio- who gets to take credit when they call Sakaki? Nyarth claims he was the mastermind behind the whole thing, but Musashi is certain her charm and beauty was what did it. Each character can have their own over-the-top flashback, maybe even with its own fun art style to play up the ridiculousness of it all.

This idea would have worked better in an older saga, especially Kanto, since back then the protagonists could have more personality (especially Satoshi- that kid was brutal in Kanto!) but I think it could still work in this series. Regardless, by the third act the heroes have found the Rockets' hideout. They battle for Pikachu's freedom, ending in a huge explosion that leaves a big dust cloud. Satoshi and co run to Pikachu's cage and open it. Now, if this were a normal "filler" episode this is where they'd reunite with the electric mouse. However since this is the end of the series...

Second part: The Rockets escape! They manage to return Pikachu to Sakaki and for the first time, he sees the true power of this Pokemon. This is, after all, the Pokemon who just won the World Championship. Maybe these three were onto something. This episode would involve Satoshi and friends breaking into Rocket HQ, perhaps disguised as grunts (maybe they have to perform the motto to save face?) and searching for Pikachu. Musashi, Kojiro, and Nyarth meanwhile are elated. They're sure they'll get a big promotion in no time, but moreso this is a personal victory. After what feels like 25 years, they've finally done it! But...is this victory all that it's cracked up to be? This feeling only worsens when they actually realize what's being done to Pikachu. Extreme tests, painful experiments, and cruel exploitation of its powers. The trio almost feel guilty- this little mouse Pokemon they've known all this time, watched him and his trainer grow together, challenge gym after gym, league after league, finally beating the World Championship...and it's being borderline tortured. This isn't defending the evils of love and truth! One thing leads to another and Pikachu "escapes", and Satoshi and friends aren't quite sure how they managed to find him loose like that. As they turn to leave, they don't notice a stray rose on the ground behind where they found Pikachu...

Anyways- I don't think this is going to happen but this little pipe dream of mine was fun to write out. It would be a nice way to get them to start questioning their allegiance to Team Rocket, and eventually they leave on their own terms.

In terms of realistic hopes and dreams I just want a nice amount of Miyazaki music returning, especially at the nostalgic parts. I also really hope the Rocket trio has a few motto sequences with new, fresh animation and not just recycled footage like the last decade. I'd also love to see every former companion at least once more, even through silent cameos.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom