• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expectations/Wishlists from "Aim to Be a Pokémon Master"

True, other parents are missing as well.

1. Dawn’s father
2. Clemont’s mother
3. Serena’s father
4. Misty’s parents
5. Tracey’s parents
6. Iris parents
7. Cilan’s parents.

Maybe some of them are alive and just not mentioned at all because there would be no point to it? Like Cilan or Tracey. There could be a reason for the writers decision to avoid them, but maybe it’s not something profound at all. It’s probably easier to just create one parent or not show them at all.

So... May and Brock are the lucky ones.

Couple of further pipe dreams:
  • Bring back Junki Takegami as a guest writer to write a/the Rocket episode
  • Use Kaze to Issho ni as an insert song

Gotta get these things off my chest whilst I still can lol :wynaut:

If we're talking pipe dreams....Tamagawa returning for an episode? :eyes: I remember hearing he has been struggling with health issues so I'm sure he won't, I think his last main series episode was early XY? I've said it before but it's a shame he never took on the bouncier style of Sun & Moon or Pocket Monsters '19, I would have loved to see that combination. Whoever the ADs end up being, I really hope they take the time to not let the episodes look like ass, since these are the last ones.

Kaze to Issho ni as an insert would be AMAZING, I would even settle for the 2019 version. I'd also love to hear a Rocket vocal song that isn't Danka, as nice as that song is I wish it didn't overshadow their older vocal songs in recent years.

I don't expect Satoshi to get any sort of "closure", at least not in the sense of his journey ending. I am almost certain the last shot of the series (or one of the last shots) will be Satoshi and Pikachu running towards a sunset or something. I think this is more true to his character; has this boy ever shown the desire to settle down and live a quiet life? This would also show that their journey is eternal and leaves the door open for future specials- though with That Distant Blue Sky ending the way it did they don't even need to worry about continuity in the future, just set it in the AU! My only real hope for him is the writers still find a way to make it seem like a chapter is truly ending here with his story, even with a non-committal "the journey always continues!" ending.

Please just give the Rockets an ending though, really I'll take anything that isn't "we're going to chase Pikachu forever!!!". I'll trade the slight possibility of them making a lame "show up, say the motto, launch one attack, get blasted off" 90-second appearance in a hypothetical special 6 years from now for the reality of them getting a true, satisfying end to their stories.

One idea I had was music-related: remember how in the last episode of Sun & Moon, this beautiful, melancholic version of that series' Rocket motto music played while they were saying goodbye to their Pokemon? I would love a similar version of the original motto music. Let's be honest- the Kanto motto theme is their theme song, no questions asked. While I'm hoping we get a straightforward remix of it for their motto this time (or better yet- have them do what they should've done in PM19 and recite the corresponding motto for each region they go to), I'd settle for a version of it that sounds something like this for their goodbye episode.

True, other parents are missing as well.

1. Dawn’s father
2. Clemont’s mother
3. Serena’s father
4. Misty’s parents
5. Tracey’s parents
6. Iris parents
7. Cilan’s parents.

Maybe some of them are alive and just not mentioned at all because there would be no point to it? Like Cilan or Tracey. There could be a reason for the writers decision to avoid them, but maybe it’s not something profound at all. It’s probably easier to just create one parent or not show them at all.
That's not what I meant.
What I meant was that most of them make a big fuss about "Who is Satoshi's father" (even though it doesn't really matter), but at the same time they don't care who the other characters' parents might be.

My favourite pick for Satoshi's father is:
images (10).jpeg

My favourite pick for Satoshi's father is:
I doubt it. Delia is a teenager here, and the man you're talking about is an adult (I'd say Shigeru's father).

Although I don't care who Satoshi's father is, because it's irrelevant, but I'd bet more on Silver from "Chronicles".

Two more things, not sure if they've been brought up yet; I hope Scraggy gets to meet Haxorus now that he's bigger and evolved, might even convince him to train harder and evolve.
I've been hoping for this for a long time myself. My hope is that Scraggy sees Axew fully evolved as a Haxorus and evolves into Scrafty on the spot, as like a form of competitiveness or just outright shock. (Jealousy too maybe?) Also, if Scraggy is going to evolve, it would probably have to happen this way, since I don't think we have enough time left with Ash for Scraggy to take its time and train. Plus, this evolution is looong overdue anyway. Scraggy should've evolved back in BW, probably should've been after it mastered Focus Blast.

Last edited:
If he's so important (although he doesn't matter to the plot), why doesn't anyone ask about the other characters' parents (some companions also had both or one unknown parent)?
Because satoshi is the main character so no one ask about other character’s parent? Afterall we have a brief info about satoshi’s father. He went to a journey and left Hanako and satoshi to be a pokemon master. So I’m hoping Satoshi can encounter him as he is also on a journey to be a pokemon master

Well, the release of the summaries for episodes 2 and 3 have somehow managed to make me even more excited for this little series!

They also made me realize I left a huge point off my wish list, since it seems it might actually be accomplished: Ash's friends actually meeting one another! Those used to be my favorite episodes (Misty meeting the AG group, May meeting the DP group, Dawn meeting the BW group) and then we got nothing in XY...so lame. They went back to it in SM with Brock and Misty and it was phenomenal. But Journeys, despite bringing back so many former characters, really didn't do much in terms of introducing them to one another. I've always loved the friendship theme in Pokémon, and how Ash has been shown to have such a strong group of friends. It just seemed natural that at some point they should all be able to meet.

The summary of the third episode, with Cilan getting to meet Misty and Ash finally learning Brock and Cilan are already friends, makes me hopeful that this series might be accomplishing getting the different companions acquainted with one another.

Also, if I can finally get Misty and Iris meeting and becoming fast friends, I will be ecstatic.

If we're revisiting old friends I'd like for the TRio to get to reunite (at least for a time) with Arbok and Weezing, and at least see their other old Pokémon stuck at TR headquarters.
I would love to see James reunite with Victreebel more than Weezing, to be honest. I always saw it James's close relationship with Victreebel was much stronger than his original partner.

But given that Victreebel was gone with the love of his, and how weird and cheap farewell the writers set off for him, I can't genuinely see a reunion with him happening.

We only have eight episodes to work with.

Episode 1: Ash gets reunited with Latias from the movie.

Episode 2: Ash and Misty have a fishing competition.

Episode 3: Forest episode with Brock and Cilan.

Episode 4: Ash goes to Sinnoh with one of the companions (maybe Misty?) and meets Dawn. After some fun interactions between companion of choice and Dawn they run into Tobias. Dawn encourages him to challenge Tobias since he is probably the only opponent who is stronger than Leon. Ash wins after using the counter shield. Dawn puts on her cheerleading outfit one last time and even convinces Misty to join even though she is embarrassed. Ash wins thanks to Dawn's moral support. (Possible Pearlshipping ending if Amour or Poke don't win)

Episode 5: Dawn meets Lisia who has made an idol duo with Serena. Perhaps something similar to the new years plot in Pokémon Masters? They all decide to compete in a contest. If May's VA is replaced she might join as well.

Episode 6: Serena wins the contest and has a chat with the other girls about her feelings. They encourage her to confess properly to Ash this time. Brock shows up as well and encourages Ash since he might need support from a male friend. Perhaps this is also the episode when Brock finds love (Lucy returns?).

Episode 7: Misty and Serena episode that I wrote in the other thread lol. (Either Poke or Amour ending if Pearl didn't win in episode 4)

Episode 8: Team Rocket episode. They are at a snowy mountain in a cabin on mission that Giovanni sent them on and Jessie remembers how her mother got lost in the blizzard while chasing after Mew. Go happens to be here as well and after getting lost he ends up at TR's cabin. Jessie and Go work together to find Mew and Miyamoto. Possibly a tragic/bittersweet ending?

Episode 9: Team Rocket good-bye episode. Rocketshipping becomes canon and they have a kid like in the manga.

Episode 10: Episode with Paul at his new gym. Infernape gets emotional. Ash thinks about what it really means to be a Pokémon Masters and realizes that Paul changed thanks to him. Paul finally apologizes to Infernape.

Episode 11: There is a party at Pallet Town and everyone is invited. Ash is now an adult and is getting married to the girl who won. Liko is born and we have some cute moments of her growing up. Episode ends with her going on a journey and Ash being emotional thinking about all the adventures he had. He gives her the league hair pin that looks just like his old cap as a good luck gift.

We only have eight episodes to work with.

Episode 1: Ash gets reunited with Latias from the movie.

Episode 2: Ash and Misty have a fishing competition.

Episode 3: Forest episode with Brock and Cilan.

Episode 4: Ash goes to Sinnoh with one of the companions (maybe Misty?) and meets Dawn. After some fun interactions between companion of choice and Dawn they run into Tobias. Dawn encourages him to challenge Tobias since he is probably the only opponent who is stronger than Leon. Ash wins after using the counter shield. Dawn puts on her cheerleading outfit one last time and even convinces Misty to join even though she is embarrassed. Ash wins thanks to Dawn's moral support. (Possible Pearlshipping ending if Amour or Poke don't win)

Episode 5: Dawn meets Lisia who has made an idol duo with Serena. Perhaps something similar to the new years plot in Pokémon Masters? They all decide to compete in a contest. If May's VA is replaced she might join as well.

Episode 6: Serena wins the contest and has a chat with the other girls about her feelings. They encourage her to confess properly to Ash this time. Brock shows up as well and encourages Ash since he might need support from a male friend. Perhaps this is also the episode when Brock finds love (Lucy returns?).

Episode 7: Misty and Serena episode that I wrote in the other thread lol. (Either Poke or Amour ending if Pearl didn't win in episode 4)

Episode 8: Team Rocket episode. They are at a snowy mountain in a cabin on mission that Giovanni sent them on and Jessie remembers how her mother got lost in the blizzard while chasing after Mew. Go happens to be here as well and after getting lost he ends up at TR's cabin. Jessie and Go work together to find Mew and Miyamoto. Possibly a tragic/bittersweet ending?

Episode 9: Team Rocket good-bye episode. Rocketshipping becomes canon and they have a kid like in the manga.

Episode 10: Episode with Paul at his new gym. Infernape gets emotional. Ash thinks about what it really means to be a Pokémon Masters and realizes that Paul changed thanks to him. Paul finally apologizes to Infernape.

Episode 11: There is a party at Pallet Town and everyone is invited. Ash is now an adult and is getting married to the girl who won. Liko is born and we have some cute moments of her growing up. Episode ends with her going on a journey and Ash being emotional thinking about all the adventures he had. He gives her the league hair pin that looks just like his old cap as a good luck gift.
Yajima literally said that Amour is all but confirmed. The only way Poke or Pearl is happening is out of spite because Serena must be an independent woman and the kiss was a mistake because of the change of tone, plus Riko does not look like Ash and Misty’s kid.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom