• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Expectations/Wishlists from "Aim to Be a Pokémon Master"

Probably won't happen but would love to see Ash find a Mega Stone for one of his Pokemon, one that he so happens to have on his team at the time and Mega Evolve it

Would love to see at least one more major battle before Ash's time comes to an end, the one he and Misty had was all too brief I feel

Probably won't happen but would love to see Ash find a Mega Stone for one of his Pokemon, one that he so happens to have on his team at the time and Mega Evolve it

Would love to see at least one more major battle before Ash's time comes to an end, the one he and Misty had was all too brief I feel
Even calling prof Oak to switch cause he found one would be nice to do onscreen. Like see you later Tauros, Hi Heracross lets try something new.

Did I imagine or wasn’t there a Shigeru scene in the trailer for this? When do we think we’re getting that? Atm it’s hard to envision in any of the so-far announced eps…

Did I imagine or wasn’t there a Shigeru scene in the trailer for this? When do we think we’re getting that? Atm it’s hard to envision in any of the so-far announced eps…
No, you didn't imagine that, there was indeed a scene with Gary talking to Ash, this scene to be exact:

I imagine this scene will take place in one of the final two episodes, possibly in a return to Pallet Town party type episode perhaps? And maybe Latias will finally join Ash here too? :unsure:

(Oh yeah, anyone else think the final two episodes, or at least one of them, might be two-part(s)? I certainly hope so. :))

Since Miyazaki music has made a much-welcome return after the first episode, I'd love to hear some tracks like A Meeting and Parting, Raid, Advance Adventure, the GS Team Rocket theme, the BW Pokemon Center theme, and some more of the old battle music! Also I'd love to hear Kanto Route 1 and Get the Pokemon again even though we've already heard them.

I really hope we hear some of the Rocket trio's old motto themes again, especially the Kanto or XY versions. I'd also love the DP or SM versions.

I have to say, my expectations are not being met at this point and it's quite disappointing. The only episode I've truly enjoyed and have had genuine praise for is the Misty episode; I thought the Cilan one was okay, but could have been better. The rest are just uninteresting to me as of now - why focus on wild Pokémon or Kanto pandering when we could have exciting and memorable sendoffs with the other leads of the series (and their Pokémon, by extension)? How have May & Max been? Will Serena get to see Ash one more time? How does Paul feel knowing Ash is the strongest Trainer in the world? Etc. Not even Ash's team is being fully rotated like it appeared it would at the beginning of this...

Not from a shipping perspective, Serena only seeing Ash for 30 seconds compared to other companions getting whole episodes with him is completely unfair and ludicrous, especially because she is such an important part of his life.
They better make the last interaction between them very significant to make up for that.

Wouldn't be whole if no one will challenge Ash for a battle now that he is ranked 1st. Misty did it for other reasons. Would be fine with offscreen, just show us a line of dudes willing to beat him..

Hey, at least Serena got an episode. Despite only seeing Satoshi for 30 seconds she actually had a pretty important role in that episode. Since, you know, her character is much more than just shipping fodder.

Haruka, Masato, and Kenji are the true victims here.

I don’t know why you’re surprised an entire fandom thought there could be a possibility that a character who hasn’t been voiced in over a decade may be briefly recasted for a farewell episode. Especially as the original VA can’t even speak well enough to voice act anymore. People here understand Japanese customs well enough, as they have been shared many a time here. But, they aren’t absolute. And May is more than Kaori regarding her character, especially to non-Japanese audiences - the fact we even got her in a voiceless cameo (despite the current targeted demographic most likely having no idea who she is or the relevance behind her) along with Max speaks to that.

This gets posted a lot, but it's not entirely true: Raihan was recast despite his VA being alive (I believe due to a scandal), Steven had a different VA in AG then his later appearances (I'm not sure why but his original is still alive and still working), and Chuck had a new actor when he reappeared.

Didn't they like, kill off Francine's grandma in the penultimate episode of Arthur out of respect for the death of her voice actress Joan Rivers, who passed away in 2014? This is usually very common in Western-produced works, with similar situations being applied to Mr. Hooper from Sesame Street, Paul Hennessey from 8 Simple Rules, Doc Hudson from Cars, Mrs. Crabapple from The Simpsons, and T'Challa the Black Panther from the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom