• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Explain Your Avatar

at the moment, its Vaporeon (drawn by Otakuap) happily greeting while getting the tiled floor wet, trying to look as innocent as possible

My Avatar is a Stand from the series: 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure'.
Stand (Read this to learn more about Stands)
And basically, the stand I have in my Profile Picture is of "Killer Queen", a Short-Ranged, Cat-Like Stand that belongs to Yoshikage Kira, the main Antagonist of JJBA Part 4, Diamond is Unbreakable.

My avatar is a little animation of a UFO enemy from the Kirby series. The artist is Louie Zong.

I'm mostly posting here because it took awhile to figure out how to get an animated avatar to work, and I wanted to document the solution for future generations :V

I believe the avatar file size limit is 50kb, which is way smaller than most GIFs one might want to use for an avatar. Usually when this happens, I just compress the file until it works. If you don't have the software, there's websites out there that do it, shouldn't be too hard to find. However, that alone wasn't working out for me this time (haven't tried using an animated avatar since the change to XenForo I guess).

Turns out, compressing it wasn't enough - I had to resize the image itself to something smaller than 400x400 pixels, or else it wouldn't animate even if the file size is small enough. Not sure exactly where the cutoff is on that - even 399x399 could work as far as I know, I didn't test it too thoroughly. For reference, the one I uploaded was 197x197.

All I know is, resizing the image worked. Idk why 400x400 is the recommended avatar size, since I can't find anywhere on the forum where square avatars actually display that large (they generally seem to display at 180x180), but hey, it works :V

Last edited:
At the moment

Just a funny drawing of Glaceon and Leafeon drinking slushies
Glaceon having no trouble
Leafeon getting a bad brain freeze moment

Yuuki. A puppeteer with a cheerful personality....

...back then, at least.

She used to have three different puppets: Mr. Cow, Mr. Frog, and Mr. Panda. However, she now uses two new puppets: the Angel Hand and Devil Hand, and playing with these two for so long has caused her mind, mental health, and personality to completely deteriorate to nothing. Because of this, she's little more but an empty shell by the two puppets that reside in her hands, best indicated by how her eyes are now a dull sepia as opposed to the normal blue.
Oh, and the two puppets either act as if she doesn't exist, or they legitimately don't even notice her.

The avatar represents my major disapointment with Go from the Pokémon anime. A character that have and amazing design but it's ruined by his cr*** objectives and by how he is being shoved down our throats.

However I will change it with whomever may be the first Team Rocket capture in Galar. If there is one of course...

Back
Top Bottom