• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Explain Your Avatar

Travis, the host of a Total Drama Fanfic I came up with in 2013 named Animaction.

It's the Cajun Fox from Courage the Cowardly Dog, my second favorite character in the show after Katz, such a shame that he only appears in two episodes:cry:. I have many avatars in mind, including others of this little fox, but I prefer to alternate them to have a little more of variety.

I was undecided with my options for the next avatar, but a user commented one of them in a thread and I thought :wynaut:.

Fanart of Hyouta Ashikaga from Pretty Boy Detective Club, a new anime I'm following. Love how colorful, fun, and atmospheric it is and all the boys caught my attention. Hyouta (aka Hyouta the Adonis, aka Mr. Bare-Legs) is definitely one of my favorite due to how fun and amazing he is, and his design is my top favorite as well, though they all have neat designs. Seeing some panels of him in the manga also endeared me to him, I want to read the novel though to see what he's like there too.

It's Professor Zündapp from Cars 2. I have a weakness for scientists characters, and I also have a weakness for villains, so when you put both together it's almost certain that character will be one of my favorites. One day I found this fantastic artwork and there was no way that I wouldn't use it as my avatar :ROFLMAO:. It's definitely one of the best Cars fanarts I've ever seen, some users even thought it was a concept art.

Back in 2014\2015, when I was really into Danganronpa and creating my own fanfic, its first version (dated June 2014) had some OCs as well as official characters as the cast. The hero and point-of-view character was the SHSL Mangaka, Adachi Hikaru, and main heroine was Maizono Sayaka (since she used to be my favorite DR character).

The pic itself was the first I drew for this fanfic iirc (although this one is a remake), and is a throwback to a similar shot of Natsu comforting Lucy in the 1st opening of Fairy Tail season 2 (the song is called Masayume Chasing, that's why I placed it on my usertitle).

Naegi Sayaka (苗木さやか), the SHSL Idol. The reason I created her is a little long, but I'll summarize it in here: Back in 2014 I came up with a Danganronpa fanfic where characters'd be a mix (half original and half official), with Maizono Sayaka, my favorite one during that time, was gonna be the main heroine while Adachi Hikaru, the SHSL Mangaka, would be the protagonist.

Some time later I scrapped this plan and went for something entirely new, a sequel to Danganronpa 3, taking place 23 years after the official story wrapped up and with a new murder game. Because I always thought it was unfair that Maizono died that early in the game (and died at all), I decided to make the Naegi x Kirigiri ship "official" and give them a child very similar to the late Maizono (kinda ironic when you think about it, since she was Naegi's first love), thus came Naegi Sayaka. Her hair is light purple in spite of Kirigiri, and the bright blue eyes fit with her clothes better than any other color.

Thinking about it, it was very interesting and symbolic getting Naegi and Kirigiri watching her daughter inside a similar murder game they participated in the past. I had lots of fun developing it.

It's Emily from The Corpse Bride, one of my favorite characters ever from one of my favorite movies ever, my favorite non-Disney movie :bulbaLove:. It won't be the last time I use her as my avatar, I already have a lot of images of her saved, both screenshots and fanarts :ROFLMAO:. But I won't use them in a row for now to have more variety in my avatars.

I'll probably make a habit of using this as a way to close out themes; though honestly I'm still deciding on what I feel like theme-ing next.

Koishi Komeiji is my favorite Touhou girl and was once a character I'd go back to theme-ing once in a while. The phone and knife she's depicted with stems from one of the fighting games in the series: Urban Legend in Limbo. As the name implies, it revolves around urban legends influencing and affecting the reality of Gensokyo (the series' setting). Koishi's associated Urban Legend, and thus her Last Word (think something like an EX Attack or a Final Smash), is Mary-san.
In this legend, a doll named Mary-san gets abandoned by her owner. The girl who junked the doll then gets haunted by phone calls from that doll; in which Mary-san keeps announcing her location in a way that clearly states she's out for the girl's blood, escalating until the last line of the horror story, where she says:
“This is Mary-san. I’m right behind you now.”
....and here's the Last Word itself:

Fanart of Mark Twain's depiction in Bungou Stray Dogs. Decided to go back to characters from BSD for a bit, specifically characters I haven't really used here yet but still really like. He's a good boy and has my third favorite ability in the series, so that's another reason I wanted to theme him (I do also like the actual author, and might even theme the man at some point).

I'm going to explain my previous avatar since my bad internet didn't allow me to do it before :(. It was the avatar that I used days before my birthday, a Gengar wearing a birthday hat surrounded by Poké Puffs. I wasn't exactly planning to use a birthday avatar but one day while looking for images I found that adorable one, and what's more perfect to use as an avatar on your birthday than an artwork of your favorite Pokémon with a birthday hat and cakes? :bulbaLove:. Since that day I've had it saved waiting for the moment to use it.

It's Terry from Soul winning an Oscar, many people think Disney buys most of their prizes, what might be true in some cases :whistle:. But whether it's true or not, it reminded me a lot of Terry quote about her award, and when Soul won the Oscar for best animated film the connection was even more perfect :ROFLMAO:. And finding an image that illustrates all that was the most perfect thing of all, as soon as I found it I wanted to use it immediately :bulbaLove:.

It surprises me that in the game threads no one said anything about the Oscar, I'm not surprised if they didn't see this year's ceremony, I love award ceremonies but this year's Oscars were the most boring ceremony ever. I'm just surprised that no one made a reference to the Oscars in their responses :LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom