• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Explain Your Avatar

Myuri, the daughter of Holo and Lawrence from Spice & Wolf, though she's the protagonist of Wolf & Parchment. I haven't used a Spice & Wolf character on here specifically before, and I felt like going back to slightly older series I really enjoyed (though Wolf & Parchment itself isn't old ofc). It was actually a difficult choice between Myuri and Holo, but decided on the daughter after playing Spice & Wolf VR 2 again on the Switch the other day (yes, I'm not ashamed to say I bought both Spice & Wolf VR games when they dropped on the Switch, they're wholesome). And since I have yet to read Wolf & Parchment I decided on a screenshot of her from the second game, since that's where I mostly know of her (aside from the wiki as well). She's second best wolf girl to me when it comes to anime/manga/LN.

Dr. Xeno Houston Wingfield from Dr. Stone. My second favorite character in the series (sometimes first, beating out Senku occasionally lol) with a great design and interesting personality. Thought this image of a panel from the manga was cool, so I decided to go with it; though I may change it to another image of him (or him with Senku, haven't decided yet) soon, because he's just that cool.

Dark Meta Knight was an idea partly since some users presumed I would theme regular Meta Knight (though with all sincerity out of the established cast of four since Return to Dream Land: it's actually either King Dedede or Bandana Waddle Dee that's my favorite.) due to my known fondness of the Kirby franchise. I just found out that Amazing Mirror (Dark Meta Knight's debut) was releasing on the NSO Game Boy Advance library, and that was enough to compel me to use Dark Meta Knight as a motif.

the winter king is absolutely my favorite out of the all of the alternate versions of adventure time characters we've got from fionna and cake. he has this charismatic yet slightly unhinged energy, and the reveal that he took control of all of ooo and projected his own insanity on everyone else was so good.. may he rest in peace

Ahem. [Clears throat]

Temp 5.png

[Here's this for future reference when I next change my avatar.]

This is a Fakemon concept decades in the making. Its tentative name is Anillon. I drew this image up pretty quickly, so it's not my best work. It was made to get a general concept down so that I can create a more polished version of the artwork later, as I have a very limited ability to picture things in my mind and have to keep drawing sloppy nonsense over and over again to get anywhere. [The reason I haven't created a polished version yet is because I have a HUGE backlog of work from something called Smaugust. I had to draw a dragon everyday in the month of August and whilst I have sketches of all of them, they are not completed yet due to a sudden unexpected appendectomy driving things out of whack.]

This particular avatar is an individual Anillon, wearing clothes. Named Arylett. The glasses, collar, and shirt are NOT part of the Fakemon's inherent design. That can be seen here. I don't have a full picture of the outfit because I only designed it for avatar form. Having an avatar I enjoy is very important to my online posting, and I wanted to have one quickly as I was getting tired of all my old ones and felt no motivation to post anywhere.

Anillon is the latest version of the concept "Arylett as a Pokemon." It is meant to be my end-all, be-all fursona. Since I was a child, I preferred representing myself through non-human creatures as I resonate more with them aesthetically than humans. Unfortunately, I am cursed with being both ridiculously picky and easily distracted with new ideas as my life continues. I keep hoping the latest one sticks, but I can't promise anything. These concepts almost always share the design traits of having a silver mane, white fur, and red somewhere on the design.

In any case, Anillon is loosely based on a mixture of a papillon dog breed and a domesticated silver fox. I say loosely due to drawing a lot of my fursona concepts looking very vague and ambiguously mammalian because I just prefer that aesthetic. [I'm really into things like Eeveelutions, for instance.]

Still in the process of figuring out its lore and theme as a Pokemon. Typing is tentatively Psychic/Fire, but I keep vacillating between that and Psychic/Fairy.

ONE DAY I WILL HAVE THE DEFINITIVE FURSONA THOUGH. I SWEAR.

Last edited:
(Xenogears) Elly Thoughtful 150.png

It's Elly Van Houten from Xenogears. I recently watched an in-depth Youtube video about this game, and it reminded me of my love of it. This game changed my life and is super important to me, and I relate to Elly in a way I find hard to explain, which is why I use her to represent myself. Perhaps one of the reasons is the prominence of the love story in the game, which reminds me of my husband. I watched him play the game for the first time together and we read out the characters' dialogue with voices.

At the same time though, I started doubting my fursona yet again. The eternal debate between whether or not it should be feline or canine, sigh, so this is kind of a placeholder. I'm pretty attached to her for now though, makes me feel more serious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom