• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Explain Your Usertitle

"My Friend and the Sunset" is the name of Meta Knight's theme, originating in Kirby Super Star. I also used it as a reference to the aroace flag in my avatar, since it's sometimes called the sunset flag.

Dark Meta Knight is unusual in that he not only has never been voiced even post-Amazing Mirror (For comparison: the other Mirror World doppelgangers: Shadow Kirby and Shadow Dedede, are voiced in later titles; albeit with just reused clips for their corresponding counterparts), but even in-universe info seems to imply that he doesn't speak at all: his quote in the Guest Star Allies mode in, well, Kirby: Star Allies, has his quote rendered as merely ellipsis.

it's also a mild reference to "Reflected Laughter", a soundtrack from Kirby: Triple Deluxe that plays in a stage with a gimmick emphasizing on mirrors and reflections.

Samael refers to an archangel in Abrahamic text whose name translates to "Poison of God".

I chose it for multi-layered reasons, not just on accounting of KAngel being an in-character angel:

Both of the promotional songs of Needy Streamer Overload (Internet Overdose and Internet Yamero) have lines likening the influence of the streamer to a "poison radio", and I feel the poison symbolism also aligns to not just parasocial fixations, but also KAngel/Ame-chan issues with substance abuse.

Samael is often depicted as an angel that heralds and/or is death: the design of KAngel portrayed in my avatar and my previous KAngel avatar is specific to the "DARK ANGEL" ending from the Nintendo Switch version of Needy Streamer Overload; in which she (spoiler and simultaneously potential trigger warning): ends her life in front of thousands of followers after hitting 1 million subscribers yet simultaneously succumbing to severe stress

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom