• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Explain Your Usertitle

ZUWB6ij.gif

Both the previous usertitle and the quote in my signature are derived from translations of the song Jigsaw Puzzle, by Mafumafu using the Vocaloid Kagamine Len. The entire music video is where I've derived my current theme after, even.

Jigsaw Puzzle is actually the latest/final entry of a triumvirate of videos that are all illustrated by renowned MV artist Tera Terada and had their music done by the aforementioned Vocaloid artist. The sequence of said series goes:

Merry Bad End -> Hello Dystopia -> Jigsaw Puzzle

The previous two videos involved bullying and its cyclical nature, and an egocentric dystopia that devolves into madness; respectively. Unlike Hello Dystopia, which directly calls back to Merry Bad End; Jigsaw Puzzle is rather standalone and doesn't directly reference the previous two videos.

Mafumafu's comment regarding Jigsaw Puzzle is: "An empty place in the heart, not being deeply into something. It's not filled yet. The Missing Piece In Your Life." The song itself details an individual who isn't capable of feeling; lacking something within their heart that thus makes them hollow. The story that this song illustrates is that this 'heartless' individual is desperate to find anything to fill in the vacant hole where their heart should be; hence the allegory of a 'jigsaw puzzle' that is "never filled."

The Dream Maiden references a special piece of lore I invented regarding both the fakemon that is my current avatar and a Pokemon universe I'm working on.

I won't go too much in-depth, but basically: There is a religion called the Order of Amet Ra, which appoints one female as the Dream Maiden, and her duty is to spend most of her time dreaming. These dreams are interpreted by the order as prophecies or ways they should live their lives.

Last edited:
In the Persona series. it's customary for the main character's Persona to introduce itself with this line. This includes the subject of my profile picture, Izanagi, Persona of Yu Narukami.

All birds are modern-day theropod dinosaurs, and Nanashi Mumei, the council member who guards Civilization in hololive English -Council-, is visually represented and based off of barn owls.

Back
Top Bottom