• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Explore A Dramatic New World!

With remakes they'll certainly be taking older fans into account, but Pokemon's primary audience is and always will be children. As such, they will be prioritized in development and advertizing.
The point is moot because they don't need to misrepresent remakes to kids, either.

year because every six year old is going to know what rs is. every kid i know doesn't even know what a gba is

year because every six year old is going to know what rs is. every kid i know doesn't even know what a gba is
Then they should them tell what Ruby and Sapphire are and tell them that these games are their remakes. That's what they did for HGSS and no one complained.

Where have all the people declaring no new game until late 2015 gone???

I would have preferred Z to ORAS the names are a huge mouthful and don't really roll off the tongue.
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

Also its backwards why does Omega come before Alpha? Silly Nintendo.

I don't think it will be in Hoenn, maybe Hoenn you can visit at the end, but they promised new world new story so that doesn't scream remake, Lumiose City Hiker we're about to pay your homeland a visit

Yeah I imagine it's just new for the younger players.

I kid you all not, I was up just last night actually looking up previous release dates for patterns to try and figure out when they might announce/release the next games. Came up with the idea that we probably wouldn't see another title until 2015. And this is all after not playing/thinking about Pokemon in months, and even then I never do this sort of thing lol. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

I predicted a while ago they wouldn't go down the typical remake road if it came to bringing back Hoenn so I really hope this "dramatic story" and "spectacular new world" isn't your typical press release-driven hyperbole. The Groundon and Kyogre on the covers don't look different enough and don't strike me as Mega Evolutions, but either way there's definitely something going on there story related. Maybe E3'll have more.

Considering the possibilities that these could be sequels, maybe the region changed a bit? Like that theory where someone said a volcano exploded and a new island was created

I'm here!

To be honest, I do feel surprised that a new Pokémon game will be released so soon. Before this, remakes and third versions were released two years after the Generation's debut, which I assume they do to let the original pair keep the spotlight and let it sink in enough to become the Generation's face (i.e. when we say 'Gen III´we think Hoenn, not Kanto or Orre; when we say 'Gen IV' we think Sinnoh, not Johto, and so on), so it only made sense that the next main series game wouldn't be released until 2015. But now that I think about it, Game Freak's been rushing games out ever since Gen V, so I shouldn´t be surprised anymore. Hell, at this rate we can even have Gen VII by mid-2015 (the shortage in Gen VI Pokémon doesn't help) and Sinnoh remakes in early 2016. Way to go, Game Freak.

I'm here!

To be honest, I do feel surprised that a new Pokémon game will be released so soon. Before this, remakes and third versions were released two years after the Generation's debut, which I assume they do to let the original pair keep the spotlight and let it sink in enough to become the Generation's face (i.e. when we say 'Gen III´we think Hoenn, not Kanto or Orre; when we say 'Gen IV' we think Sinnoh, not Johto, and so on), so it only made sense that the next main series game wouldn't be released until 2015. But now that I think about it, Game Freak's been rushing games out ever since Gen V, so I shouldn´t be surprised anymore. Hell, at this rate we can even have Gen VII by mid-2015 (the shortage in Gen VI Pokémon doesn't help) and Sinnoh remakes in early 2016. Way to go, Game Freak.

Yeah, just like Crystal and FRLG. ORAS release is nothing surprising comprared to those two.

They're probably releasing the games this year because they want to have enough time for another release before the 3DS' successor is launched.

I guess these will be sequels. If they want to keep up with their timing, they should be. It would also be refreshing, since unfortunately past remakes that kept their plot were a bit boring at times.

Considering the possibilities that these could be sequels, maybe the region changed a bit? Like that theory where someone said a volcano exploded and a new island was created
Maxie's probably salivating over that prospect.

hoennkd5.jpg

Just posting this for reference. There are plenty of islands in the southeast that are still unused. We could easily go there and find out it's a big nature reserve or zoo or something with tons of foreign pokemon living there.

I'm here!

Yeah, just like Crystal and FRLG. ORAS release is nothing surprising comprared to those two.

Crystal, yes, you're right, my bad (although it was because the GBA was already around the corner). FRLG, not so much. FRLG was released in 2004, whereas RS where released, let me remind you, in 2002 (we're speaking about debuts, so North American dates are moot). So, unless -as Silktree said- this is due to a close release for the 3DS's successor, this is pretty rushed and pattern-breaking. And not pattern-breaking in a good way.

However, I think the 3DS successor is still a couple of years away from us, so no need to rush things out. But who knows, there are rumours that Nintendo will showcase new hardware this E3, so probably they will show the 3DS' successor there, and release it by 2015. But that's slightly off-topic.

However, I think the 3DS successor is still a couple of years away from us, so no need to rush things out. But who knows, there are rumours that Nintendo will showcase new hardware this E3, so probably they will show the 3DS' successor there, and release it by 2015. But that's slightly off-topic.
If they release it by early 2016 and Game Freak don't want Generation VI to end with these games, then 2015 is the ideal time for their final release which would explain their current decision.

Perhaps "Explore a dramatic new world" refers to Hoenn itself for new kids and at the same time, refers to new sub region for players familiar with Hoenn.

Crystal, yes, you're right, my bad (although it was because the GBA was already around the corner). FRLG, not so much. FRLG was released in 2004, whereas RS where released, let me remind you, in 2002 (we're speaking about debuts, so North American dates are moot). So, unless -as Silktree said- this is due to a close release for the 3DS's successor, this is pretty rushed and pattern-breaking. And not pattern-breaking in a good way.

FRLG were released exactly 1 year and 2 months after RS. Not much longer than one year time. And definitely not long enough to call it approximately 2 years after.

If any Nintendo console needs a successor right now it's the Wii U, and Nintendo doesn't seem to have any intentions of moving on. I'm betting that development began on these remakes before XY were finished (GameFreak operates in two teams) and it may explain why we're seeing new titles so soon. But the 3DS picked up a lot of momentum in 2013 and even though things have slowed down a bit this year, I wouldn't expect new hardware anytime soon.

But the 3DS picked up a lot of momentum in 2013 and even though things have slowed down a bit this year, I wouldn't expect new hardware anytime soon.
The hardware sales for 2013 were a fair bit lower than past years as well as Nintendo's forecasts. If by "anytime soon" you mean "not even in two years", then I strongly disagree.

I think if they were sequels, they would be Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2. All the other remakes have had descriptive words added to them.

Fire
Leaf
Heart
Soul
Alpha
Omega

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom