• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Explorers of Sky:Green Royalty

Togechu

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P
Reaction score
Uh, hi. This is my first Pokemon fanfic, so constructive criticism would be very helpful. Without anything else for me to say, on with the story!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One:Twilit Meeting
---------------------------------------

“Where am I?” Those were the last words he said before passing out. Succumbing to the black, the young boy’s head hit the sand.

“Grr…”, growled a young Eevee. She was solemnly ambling away from Wigglytuff’s Guild. “Man, when am I finally gonna stop being a wuss and join the Guild already?!” Her ears perked up to hear the Treasure Town citizens jeering at her again.

“Haha, there goes little Ms.Royal again!”

“I knew it! Failed again, didn’t ya, fox girl?”

“Hey wuss, finally realized your dream’s worthless?”

She was sick of hearing it all. Her sixth time trying to join and backing down again. She started thinking that they might be right. She just wanted to go back home and try again tomorrow. But she saw a bunch of Krabby heading towards the beach. That meant it was time for the bubble show. The Eevee raced for the beach, kicking up sand and dust. When she started to sit down and start watching, she noticed a black shape in the corner of her eye. She turned towards it and ran at it. It was a Pokémon that had fainted on the shore! The Eevee yelled, “Hey! Wake up! Please, wake up!”

The Pokémon finally responded. “Ack..” The Eevee started smiling. “Hey, get up! Here, let me help you.” She grabbed his hand with her paws and pulled him up. He was heavier than she thought and she tumbled backwards, belly-up on the sand. The Eevee got to her feet and told him, “You look like you had a bad wreck. Who are you?” The boy clutched his head. Funny, his fingers didn’t feel right. It was like they were covered in fur. He stuttered, “My..my name? My name is Silva. I’m a human.” The Eevee was struck with shock. She questioned, “A..a human? No way! Can’t you tell you’re a Riolu, Silva? I mean, you look like one in every way! The paws, the head, the blue fur…everything!” Silva looked at his reflection in the ocean and was dumbfounded. He was a Riolu! “How did this happen?” he mumbled. Silva turned towards the Eevee and asked, “Hey, um, uh..”
“Tawny. The name’s Tawny.”, she interrupted.

“Tawny, do you have any idea how I got here?”

She looked puzzled and replied, “Uh, no. I just found you laying here on the beach. Well, anyway, I have a question for you. See that cave over there?” She lifted her paw and pointed it at the large, brown cave behind him.

“I think there’s treasure in that cave, but every time I go in, all these Pokémon get riled up and start attacking me! I’m way too weak, since I haven’t been training much. Could you go in the cave with me and help me look for the treasure?”

Silva snapped out of his dizziness and started to think. If he helped her, maybe she’d help him find someone who knows him. But he had no idea how to fight. He wasn’t a Pokémon Trainer, and he had never seen a Riolu fight so he couldn’t copy it. He decided to do it. It was worth a shot and he didn’t have anything to lose. So he told Tawny that he’d help her. She jumped up and down, happy and excited, then stopped and ran into the cave, Silva following close behind.

The cave’s atmosphere was damp. Little ponds were everywhere, and there wasn’t much light, even with the dusktime beach right behind them. Tawny turned to Silva and started lecturing him.

“OK, since you’ve never been in here, this is a mystery dungeon. They change what they look like every time someone goes in. I don’t know why, but it may have something to do with—“

“Tawny, look out!”, Silva yelled. A brown-shelled Pokémon with yellow legs and black eyes jumped at them. It’s underside was black except for two red eyes. It looked like one of the Pokémon Silva had studied at Trainer’s School, back when he was human. It was Kabuto. Silva, in a burst of instinct, ran at it and punched it in it’s squishy, spongy underbelly. It hissed horribly, then flew backwards, shell clattering against the rocky floor and spinning, until it’s red eyes no longer shone.

Silva stared at it, panting, until Tawny snapped him out of it. “Silva! It’s fainted now. We can keep going! I think the way out of here is that way!” She dashed ahead of Silva and entered a long hallway. At the end was a room with some rock stairs going down. Tawny started lecturing Silva again.

“Those stairs lead to the lower floors of this cave. But they’re one way only for some reason. I’m still trying to figure it out..”

When Silva and Tawny tried approaching the stairway, two Shellos, one pink and one blue, jumped out. The vaguely turtle-like little Pokémon spread mud out over the room. Then one tried tackling Tawny. She leapt out of the way and headbutted it. The Pokémon hit the wall and fainted. The blue one, unfazed by its’ friend’s fainting, tried to tackle Silva. Silva kicked it in the face on reflex as it neared him, then punched its’ head. The Shellos fainted, dropping a blue berry. Silva’s memory identified it as an Oran Berry. He knew that they healed Pokémon, so he tried to find a place to store it. Tawny told him to just hold onto it for a while. The two stepped down the stairs, and fell into a pitfall placed in front of the steps. Silva fell belly-first, passing out near-instantly upon hitting the floor and only feeling Tawny land on his back with a thud.

Tawny, slightly dizzy from the sudden fall, walked over to Silva, checked to see he wasn’t dead, and found the Oran Berry in his right hand. She smiled, picked it up and fed it to him. To his rapidly fainting consciousness, it tasted tangy and sweet. The berry quickly revitalized him, boosting his energy until he could stand up again. He got to his feet and thanked Tawny, and continued their cave exploration. In the next room of the cave, there were three paths. Silva suggested that they split up. He took the far left path, while Tawny tried the middle path. Silva started to dash down the long road ahead of him, completely wet and dripping from the ceiling. When he got to the end, he was disappointed with the small room. It was incredibly small, with only a sleeping Corsola in the center, with a Pecha Berry and an Oran Berry next to it. Silva tiptoed, sneaking past the Corsola, and picked up the Oran Berry. As he tried to get the Pecha Berry, the Corsola suddenly woke up. It shot mini energy spikes at Silva, which all impaled him and left him gasping for breath and clutching his stomach. He punched the Corsola right between the eyes, sending it flying against the wall, rebounding and into his foot as he jumped. The Pokémon got to its’ feet and jumped at him spikes first. Silva dodged, but one spike still scratched his side. He turned around and punched it again, this time Koing the Corsola.

Chomping down on the Oran Berry, Silva sighed in relief as he ran to check on Tawny. When he was halfway to the three-way split, he heard a incredibly ear-piercing shriek. It was Tawny! Putting as much energy he could into his leaping steps, Silva found Tawny, cornered and surrounded by five Pokémon! Gritting his teeth, he dashed toward one of the Kabuto nearing her and punched it in the back. It flew, hitting several other Pokémon before crushing it’s shell on the pointy rock wall. The Kabuto hit the ground, writhed and hissed, horrifying Tawny and Silva. Coming to her senses, Tawny tried attacking the closest Shellos to her. She spun around, with yellow blades of energy forming a circle around her, then spun and slammed into the Shellos with her body, tail, and finally headbutted the hapless Pokémon. With her confidence back, Tawny taunted, “Heheheh, that was a taste o’ my special Flail! Who’s next?!” A Shellder approached, and spat high-pressure water at her. Tawny ducked under the spray and used Flail once again, knocking out the Shellder in one move. Two Kabuto ganged up on her next, and she simply headbutted both of them. One flew into a Shellos’ Mud Shot and fainted, while the second was launched into Silva’s fist and had its’ shell shatter. Closing their ears to the Pokémon’s horrible wail, Tawny ran to the Shellos and went straight for the nexk with her fangs. The Shellos, struggling to breathe, passed out in the next few seconds. Panting, Tawny picked up an Oran Berry from the corner of the room and ran to the stairs with Silva.
On the third sub-level of the cave, Tawny found the steps to the next floor right behind them! She simply laughed and Silva followed her down. The fourth basement floor started in one large room, full of items. Silva and Tawny ignored them all and started walking to the west. The floor was getting darker and wetter the deeper they went down. When Silva reached the end of the room, his ears alerted him to the Shellos and Shellder nearing them from the left hallway. The blue sea-slug jumped at him, only for Silva to tackle the Pokémon in midair and bring it down. The Shellos ran away, limping. As the Shellder got closer, Tawny ran in front of Silva and hit it with Flail, crushing the bottom half of the Shellder and Koing it. The duo marched down the hallway and saw three sleeping Kabuto guarding a big stick. Ignoring them, Silva saw the stairs across a big puddle. He cautiously stepped into the water. It was shallow enough to wade through. Motioning for Tawny to follow him, Silva dashed through the water and got to the stairs. Tawny started complaining that the water was getting into her fur and making her collar all sticky. She stepped out, shook herself dry, and followed Silva. The deepest part of the cave was, surprisingly, dry sand, surrounded by pillars of rock. There was a brown treasure chest, unlocked and closed, waiting at the end of the chamber. Tawny’s eyes started glistening, and she dashed for the treasure chest, laughing joyously the whole way. Then a whiff of foul gas swept into the chamber, followed by a bellowing voice.

“HEY!Stop right there, morons!”
A screeching, high voice followed.
“If you wanna live, stand back!”

Silva and Tawny turned to the chamber entrance. There were two Pokémon approaching them. One was a big purple, floating ball with a skull and crossbones marking underneath his mouth. Green gas was leaking from holes all around him. The other was a teal blue bat, with long, thin legs, pointy ears, and no eyes. The purple one began to speak.
“We heard that there was treasure here, ya know? So we come here, and whadda we find? Two little rats, ya know!”
The bat piped up with his shriek:
“So git lost! Move away, or we’d has ta do bad tings ta yous kids!”

Tawny roared defiantly, “No! We found this treasure first, and it’s ours! You want a fight for the treasure? Well, you got it! C’mon Silva!” The tension in the air grew unbearable. Silva’s body started shaking, and as the bat rushed towards him, all his energy was let out in flurry. He jumped to to it, and released five kicks to the bat’s face, each one feeling like a brick. Silva landed and threw an uppercut, sending the bat flying up face first, and then it fell hard onto the sand, going limp. Tawny laughed at her opponent and leapt at the Pokémon. She chomped down hard on his forehead, before he shook her loose. Poison gas spewed out of his mouth, suffocating Tawny and surrounding her with an incredibly foul stench. She held her breath and headbutted him, then used Flail. Deflated and defeated, the purple Pokémon hit the ground just like his partner. Silva and Tawny, tired and a little sleepy, picked up the treasure chest and brought it outside the cave. Tawny opened the lock and gazed inside. A bunch of little golden coins spewed out, which she told Silva was Treasure Town’s money, called Poké. The other items were a bunch of old fangs, claws and capes, but at the bottom was some stuff that caught Tawny’s eye. There was a golden brooch shaped like a crescent moon, a silver sword with a pink blade, and a chunk of rock with a strange pattern on it. The pattern looked like a circle with four wings spreading out from it. Puzzled, Silva grabbed it and inspected it carefully. Tawny took it and asked, “Hey, Silva, can I ask you for a favor?I-I want to..”

He laughed and said, “What? Didn’t I already help you enough?”

Tawny continued, “I want to join an exploration team! Will you help me, Silva? I know it’s a big favor, but..I wanna be Queen of the Explorers one day! I want to be known the whole world over! And I need someone to help me. You saw I can’t explore or fight on my own, and I always run away when trying to join the Guild. I want you to help me, Silva. We make a great team on our own. Look at all the treasure we brought back! What do ya say?”

Silva looked dumbfounded. He thought for a while. Tawny really did need some help. And they did make a good team. Plus, he might find something about how he got to this Pokémon world.

He responded, “OK, Tawny. I made up my mind…Show me to the guild! We’re gonna be the best exploration team ever!”

Tawny’s eyes started glowing again, and tears were starting to form. She jumped up and down, smiling and laughing. Then she said she needed to get something at her house. Silva followed her through Treasure Town, past a bunch of shops, ignoring the citizens making fun of her and Silva. They reached Sharpedo Bluff, a cliff that looked like a shark when looking at it from the beach. Tawny shifted her eyes, making sure nobody else was looking, and pushed away a bush, where steps led to a small, bright cave. There was grass growing in the cave, and behind Tawny’s straw bed was a door framed by large vines and a giant leaf. She opened it and started pulling things off shelves and into a suitcase made out of wood. When Silva asked what it was, Tawny just smiled at him and said, “it’s a secret.” They walked back to the crossroads, nightfall coming close, and walked up the rocky steps to the guild. It was a giant pink ballon-thing resting on top of a yellow tent. There was a bunch of totem poles, torches and a little hole with a grate near it. Tawny started muttering to herself, “OK, be brave Tawny, be brave. It’s just a voice, they won’t hurt you…” She stepped on the grate, when a curious, childlike voice rose up to her. “Pokémon detected! Pokémon detected!” A loud voice then pierced through the grate.

“Whose footprint? Whose footprint?” The childlike Pokémon said, “The footprint is Eevee’s! The footprint is Eevee’s!...There’s someone with you! Get them to stand on the grate!”

Tawny, shaken and scared, told Silva to step on the grate. He let the smooth wood slip between his toes, and the little Pokémon said, “Pokémon detected! Pokémon detected!”

The loud voice boomed, “Whose footprint? Whose footprint?”
The little one said, “The footprint is…the footprint is…um, maybe Riolu’s! Maybe Riolu’s!”

The two Pokémon argued for a while, until the loud one said they could enter. The metal bars in front of the tent entrance lifted, and both Silva and Tawny entered the guild.

Last edited:
Could be interesting but it goes by too fast.

Not to mention, the lack of spacing between paragraphs when someone is speaking makes reading difficult.

Could be interesting but it goes by too fast.

Not to mention, the lack of spacing between paragraphs when someone is speaking makes reading difficult.

Er, I'm sorry. My grammar isn't that good. And as for the "goes by too fast" part, well, I started writing this while stressed so I hurried it up a lot.

I'll make it better, I promise.

OK, I'm sorry I didn't update the story sooner. I had this first part of Chapter 2 done three days ago, but I got Pokemon HeartGold and it's sooo addicting... Anyway, I've updated and finish Chapter 1, so here's Chapter 2!

Chapter 2:The Emerald Recruits
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside the guild was a dark patch of soil, wet and full of pebbles. In the middle of the soil was a rocky circle and a gap with a ladder to underground. Silva and Tawny climbed down the ladder into a bright, noisy room. There was grass for the floor, rocky walls with wooden boards, and a lot of Pokémon, laughing, talking about explorations and arguing over jobs. Then, a slightly strange voice addressed them from behind.

“’Ello. You just entered our guild, correct?”
“Yep.” Tawny replied.

It was a bird Pokémon, and he was quite colorful. A yellow belly, blue feathers and a black head shaped like a musical note and a red beak. He asked,

“Did you want to join our guild as apprentices? We’ve gotten reports of an Eevee being inspected and leaving several times…was that you?”
Tawny stammered, “Y-yeah. I’m sorry, but this time, I’m not chickening out, as you can see. Now, can we join?”
The bird replied, “Oh, yes! And, pardon me, I forgot my manners. My name is Songbeak. I’m the Guildmaster’s right-hand bird! Now, come with me!”

Songbeak led the two down another ladder, and guided them to a door with a red spiral on it. Tawny ran to the window and gazed out at the sea and night sky until Songbeak told them to come in. This room was very ornately decorated, with yellow plushy carpet, a pink wallpaper that had spirals and clouds, and little stuffed Pokémon toys. In between two lit totem poles was a Wigglytuff, asleep. Songbeak hopped to his ear and whispered.

“Guildmaster. Guildmaster. Wake up. We’ve got new friends.”

The Wigglytuff’s ears perked up instantly. His green eyes were bright, his smile was cheery, and he was dancing. He told his two visitors in a sing-song voice, “Yay! Friends! My name’s Wigglytuff! But you can call me Guildmaster, or Swirlear, whatever you like! I’m the Guildmaster, so I can register you as an exploration team, and we’ll be great friends! So, first, what’s your team name?”

Songbeak got the Guildmaster a piece of paper and a pencil, and then the Guildmaster took them and got his glasses off the floor. Tawny turned to Silva and asked,
“Silva, can you think of a team name?”
He closed his eyes and let names come to his mind. He sifted through them, until the fifth one seemed good. He told her,
“How ‘bout Team EmeraldSky?”
“Well, it doesn’t have any real significance to me or whatever, but it does sound good. Green’s a good color, and you’re sky blue..OK. Now I see it! Good thinkin’, Silva!”

She turned back to the Guildmaster and said, “Team EmeraldSky! That’s our name! We’re Silva and Tawny!”
The Guildmaster scribbled the name down in his pad, turned away and ruffled through carboard boxes in a closet behind him, finally finding the right one and scribbling something on it. He took out a silver box and plopped it down in front of them, and Songbeak told them to open it. Inside were two white badges looking like eggs with sapphires in them. The Guildmaster started explaining each item in the box. Those badges were to be worn at all times, and they could rescue Pokémon in dungeons. The next item was a brown map of the whole world. It was a Wonder Map, which tracked where the team went and recorded the places. The third item was a giant brown satchel with a pink strap. That was the Treasure Bag. It could hold thirty items, but Wigglytuff said that if the team did good, it’d be upgraded. Tawny asked, “How?”

The Guildmaster replied, “Magic! Like a wizard spell or something!”

Tawny just looked puzzled and continued. Inside the bag were two items, a gift from Wigglytuff. There was a dark blue band and a green bow. Tawny took the band and Silva pinned the bow on himself. Wigglytuff also gave them two green scarves to show that they’re an exploration team. Then the new recruits said goodnight to the Guildmaster and Songbeak led them down a dirt hallway outside the Guildmaster’s room.

At the far end of the hall was a medium-sized room, with two large straw beds, two big windows with big red curtains, and a fountain for water. Songbeak said that this is the room they’d be staying in! Tawny was slightly disappointed by the room, but both of them still smiled, and started falling asleep, eager to begin their first day of training.

I like the story so far! i like how it was also based off of the mystery dungeon game and how the enemies are still there harassing the team

Hey, thanks! And fyi, even though this takes place after PMD:Explorers of Time, a bunch of old characters are still here. You'll see a few when I post the next chapter..

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom