• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Exports from the 4 regions

AngelGuardian

~I think I Lost My Mind~
Reaction score
Hey guys, have you tried out exporting your Main Team from R/S/E to D/P/P to.. until B/W? It's really a good experience having your Pokémon taste a different environment. I have mine, from Diamond, I put it to SoulSilver. I was planning to put THOSE Pokémon to my Black catridge. I was referring to your Pokémon from R/S/E reaching the Unova Region. Aside from that, you can easily complete your Unova National Pokédex. How's yours?

I have not done that. I, for some reason, like to keep my teams contained within their cartridge.

I transfered all my team from SoulSilver to White, because I don't plan on playing SoulSilver again.

About 1/2 of everything I own in White came from G3-G4 games, all sent to SS first. All my main teams are there too.

Everything from Pearl has been traded through, i can't stand to leave things in cartridges where they won't be used :( Same goes for HG too, and would be for sapphire had it not been lost ¬¬

I used to do this all the time with my Gen I & II games, but now that you can't trade back, no. Why didnt they do it in Gen V? It would have been possible.

No, because

- All Pokémon are made available through games and events of a single generation anyways - transferring is not (yet) needed to complete the dex.
- If I want to spend time with the Pokémon I used in previous games, I just play said games for a while.
- (Most importantly.) I would never dare to separate my Pokémon from their Trainers.

I did transfer from Gen III to IV to V, though I did skip SoulSilver. My Hoenn team has been with me ever since. In fact, the majority of my Pokemon in Black are transfered from previous games. :D

No, because

- All Pokémon are made available through games and events of a single generation anyways - transferring is not (yet) needed to complete the dex.
- If I want to spend time with the Pokémon I used in previous games, I just play said games for a while.
- (Most importantly.) I would never dare to separate my Pokémon from their Trainers.

yeah, but transferring from your HG/SS catridge to B/W will contribute completing the dex. The trainer is still you. :]

FireMeowth said:
(Most importantly.) I would never dare to separate my Pokémon from their Trainers.

...shoot, I never thought of it that way. ._.; Do I feel like a punk now.

Either way, I always bring my main teams into my current team, because I like having them on the cart that is most active. In Platinum, though, I cloned my main team before transferring them, so now they're in two places at once.

I might transfer my Sapphire pokemon to Black because my Sapphire cartridge I feel is unstable.

Can you get a Turtwig or any other unobtainable Pokémon to Black without transferring?
For Turtwig, yes. There was a Dream World event in Japan, no?

As for the unobtainable Pokémon; not yet, but when the Generation is complete you most likely will have had the chance. That's how it's been ever since... the 3rd Gen, at least. Maybe even the first.

Can you get a Turtwig or any other unobtainable Pokémon to Black without transferring?

For unobtainable pokemon, I breed a turtwig, but for example, my Empoleon is still in my Platinum even though I have a Piplup in White through transferal.

For Turtwig, yes. There was a Dream World event in Japan, no?

As for the unobtainable Pokémon; not yet, but when the Generation is complete you most likely will have had the chance. That's how it's been ever since... the 3rd Gen, at least. Maybe even the first.

No. I'm not talking about the Dream World. I mean, in the game Black and White itself. Absolutely not without hacking right?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom