• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Extended Storyline/Areas

Oh god, what if the main goal of Kanto was to reach new areas in order to find materials the guy needs? XD Vermilion City is the first place in Kanto you come to, after all. That would be both hilarious and a little awesome, though it's too silly for it to actually happen.
Maybe is he the whole game building and when you defeated all gym's the house is done. And that house is a sort of villa like platinum. It's a little bit strange but it sounds possible...

And there's potential for a cameo from Prof. Rowan as well, since it wasn't really specified where he was returning from at the start of DPPt's storyline (at least as far as I remember).

I thought they said Rowan was working with Oak in Kanto.

I will attempt to add what I can here. First, though, I'd like to offer support for the generally accepted timeline:
  • When Celio inserts the Sapphire into the Network Machine, he tells the player he has linked with Lanette. Upon examining the device, one learns it has attained "Link Level 2 - Link Established with Kanto and Hoenn". No time travel is ever mentioned.
  • Navel Rock and Birth Island, both of them being parts of the Sevii Islands, are accessible in Emerald as well as FireRed and LeafGreen. No changes have occurred in these locations between FR/LG and E that would suggest the passage of time.
  • It is reasonable to assume that Colosseum and XD both take place shortly before the rest of Generation III, since they can only link with the GBA games once the campaign has been beaten. This also explains where Lugia and Ho-Oh were prior to Navel Rock, the Whirl Islands, and Tin Tower.
Now, on to the extended storyline:
  • There could be a passing reference to the GameCube games - perhaps someone mentions "rumors of corrupted Pokémon" going around some years previously. The word "corrupted" could also make this a reference to GSC's battery problem.
  • Perhaps some Cipher and/or Team Snagem agents could make an appearance, or at least be mentioned, thus solidly canonizing them.
  • The player character whose gender is the opposite of the one the player chose should make an NPC appearance later in the game.
  • May and/or Brendan should appear (perhaps in the Sevii Islands?), as well as Leaf.
  • We know where Lorelei went, but what happened to Agatha? That'd be a good chance to explore her connection to Bertha, and perhaps her past with Professor Oak. Assuming, of course, that she hasn't passed away by this time.
  • Who is that guy with the coffee?!
  • The Cianwood quest should be expanded upon - pretty much, it's just go in, get the medicine, win a badge, get an HM, get out. Maybe Team Rocket should steal the medicine and make you chase them throughout the Whirl Islands - or, better yet, to the other side of Cianwood Island.
I'll add more here as I think of stuff.

I do like quite of a few of those ideas. Keep them coming

And why the heck are sigs gone?

Signatures aren't activated on the HG/SS boards.

[*]It is reasonable to assume that Colosseum and XD both take place shortly before the rest of Generation III, since they can only link with the GBA games once the campaign has been beaten. This also explains where Lugia and Ho-Oh were prior to Navel Rock, the Whirl Islands, and Tin Tower.

XD takes place five years after Colosseum.

XD takes place five years after Colosseum.

I know that. XD can still take place before the rest of Gen III.

I have theorized the following. Please note that none of it has been officially confirmed:
  • Circa 1989-1990: Pokémon Colosseum
  • Circa 1994-1995: Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
  • Circa 1996-1997: Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald
  • Circa 1999-2001: Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
Now, on to the main event.
  • Red's team needs to be upped a bit - he needs to surpass Pearl's level 85 starter!
  • Silver should actually challenge gym leaders. Yes, that includes Blue. I can just hear Gold boasting to Red: "I bet my rival can pound your rival!"
  • Who is Misty dating? Perhaps a side-quest would require you to find him after you scare him off. Misty seems like the type who wouldn't let you off the hook as easily as she did back in the original GSC.
  • If the Sevii Islands are included, Unown ! and ? should remain unavailable until the Tanoby Ruins are accessible by the player.
  • I read somewhere on these forums that people want Cinnabar Volcano to have some sort of significance to the plot. Perhaps a second Heatran is hidden beneath the magma? Groudon, maybe? In which case, Kyogre should be obtainable as well, possibly on the other side of Cianwood Island.
  • Like in Pokémon Colosseum, Celebi should have some kind of connection to the plot while remaining unobtainable without a GS Ball.
  • Daisy should have greater significance to the plot. Instead of, or perhaps in addition to, grooming the player's Pokémon, she should provide the player with an item essential to the plot - perhaps a letter to Red, who will only accept it after you defeat him. This would give the player more of a reason to journey up Mt. Silver - in the original, all you did was show Oak your sixteen badges and he was all like "Oh, okay, cool, now you can go to this random, never-mentioned-until-now place called Mt. Silver, if you like. Good luck finding it."
  • Of course, that white rock needs to magically appear somewhere.
Expect these to get more absurd and last-minute as time goes on.

Jusy FYI guys, Cianwood isn't an island. It's the tip of a landmass to the west of Johto. It just so happens that that small part of it is a part of Johto.

While I'd love for them to expand the Cianwood area a lot more, do keep in mind that it's not an island at all. If you look at the official map, you'll see that the area to the west of Cianwood is blanketed is clouds. Likewise, the fan-made map that shows you where the Pokemon regions correspond to the real areas of Japan clearly shows that Cianwood is attached to the mainland.

Maybe is he the whole game building and when you defeated all gym's the house is done. And that house is a sort of villa like platinum. It's a little bit strange but it sounds possible...

So are you telling that it took him three years just to flatten the land but only like one or two months to build the entire thing? I'd rather like it to be retconned and be already finished when you arrive to Vermilion, but it's just so new that it ahsn't been used, and when you defeat the Kanto Leaders, it finally opens its doors to the public.

So are you telling that it took him three years just to flatten the land but only like one or two months to build the entire thing? I'd rather like it to be retconned and be already finished when you arrive to Vermilion, but it's just so new that it ahsn't been used, and when you defeat the Kanto Leaders, it finally opens its doors to the public.

Well, to be fair, he says he can't build because he can't afford to. Having a helpful and wealthy PC around would kick-start it. Also, video games have no sense of time. Why wouldn't he be able to build a house from foundation to roof in a few game hours?

Well you could just have him with a few machop/machoke/machamp and a rattata (equivilant of bibirel, I am thinking on "Bibarel gnaws best" D/P episode for this). I liked the "Sturdy Lumber" idea. Maybe this time they will have noboday there (did they in GSC?) or have the house built, if noboday is there, assume that the project was stopped and they guy went away, simple.

Well, to be fair, he says he can't build because he can't afford to. Having a helpful and wealthy PC around would kick-start it. Also, video games have no sense of time. Why wouldn't he be able to build a house from foundation to roof in a few game hours?
Well if its a house or something why don't they do a villa sort of thing? You donate money to him and the building when finished becomes dedicated to you or something. Now then onto Cianwood.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/2a/RegionsMoviesMap.jpg
I have reason to believe Cianwood will be extended to the other side for a new area.

Well if its a house or something why don't they do a villa sort of thing? You donate money to him and the building when finished becomes dedicated to you or something. Now then onto Cianwood.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/2a/RegionsMoviesMap.jpg
I have reason to believe Cianwood will be extended to the other side for a new area.

Since the rest of the landmass Cianwood belongs to is another region, instead of expanding it would fit better if they add things to it (it was too big for the few buildings it has, so a lot of area is wasted, specially in the north end), like a cave or something in that area.

Personally, I'd like to see Gold gain a new rival as soon as he steps onto Kanto. He could be a trainer "from another region" who wants to test his abilities in the Kanto Region.

It would be even cooler if Silver also traveled around Kanto. That way, you'd have to be wary for two strong trainers who could ambush you at any moment.

# I read somewhere on these forums that people want Cinnabar Volcano to have some sort of significance to the plot. Perhaps a second Heatran is hidden beneath the magma? Groudon, maybe? In which case, Kyogre should be obtainable as well, possibly on the other side of Cianwood Island.

It would be pretty cool to have Groudon in Cinnabar and Kyogre in Seafoam.

Since the rest of the landmass Cianwood belongs to is another region, instead of expanding it would fit better if they add things to it (it was too big for the few buildings it has, so a lot of area is wasted, specially in the north end), like a cave or something in that area.
How do we know this? It could be on the other side another bunch of islands or a strip of land that extends to wrap around to olivine. The rest of the island belonging to another region would be to radical. If they bring out this region and show signs of another region belonging there then it would be bad as I wouldn't want a region above Johto or Kanto. I would much more prefer the next region to be under Sinnoh as I would want to see how they would explore the possibilties of a torn world ravaged Cyrus and such. But yeah whatever if they want they could make it part of another region. All is open I guess.

It would be pretty cool to have Groudon in Cinnabar and Kyogre in Seafoam.

Unless Blaine takes Cinnabar Gym somewhere else, I don't think there's going to be anything in the Seafoam Islands. Besides, it would be more interesting if Groudon and Kyogre were located on opposite ends of the map (or opposite maps, as the case may be).

Now, about the Unown...?
  • Where do they come from? Two words: Distortion World.
  • What do they want? The same thing Eusine wants, maybe? And don't give me any crap about "Eusine/Kris/Pokécom Center/GS Ball/whatever was only in Crystal and shouldn't be in Gold/Silver remakes". An update is an update is an update, so does it really matter which game it appeared in first? Generation II Pokémon weren't in Red and Green, so does that mean FireRed and LeafGreen shouldn't have them programmed in, since they're remakes of Red and Green, not Gold and Silver?
  • The Ruby and the Sapphire were required to activate the Network Center in FireRed and LeafGreen. Could this mean that the Diamond and the Pearl must be obtained from a new area? Could this cause problems, since there is already an item called "pearl"? Perhaps a Platinum Catalyst is required to power the GTS or Time Capsule?
  • Since a Johto Gym Leader (Jasmine) appeared in Sinnoh, should a Sinnoh Gym Leader return the favor by appearing in Johto or Kanto?
  • In the original GSC, Warden Slowpoke was away on a trip, and the Safari Zone was closed - heck, the door was gone. Perhaps something similar should happen in HGSS, the difference being that the warden returns and reopens the Safari Zone after the player has completed a small task - like, maybe, flattening the remains of Team Rocket with the help of Giovanni and Silver?!
  • Professor Birch could appear somewhere - perhaps he's the one to introduce the player to the new area?
  • Since the Legendary Beasts roam Johto and the Legendary Birds roam Sinnoh, mayhaps Latios and/or Latias should roam Kanto. In the case of "or", it could be version dependant, or perhaps dependant upon the player's gender.
  • If there is a new area, and if that area has a mountain, Rayquaza could be included there. Alternatively, Rayquaza could be found at Mt. Silver after you defeat Red, and each subsequent visit will yield only more challenge opportunities from Red.
  • Oak needs to be seen in action - that single capture in Yellow just doesn't quite cut it.
More to come. Quite absurd, yes, but just bear with me.

It mostly sounds interesting. But the Unown coming from the Distortion World doesn't make a lot of sense to me - it's already been stated that they're heavily connected to the Ruins, and it seems to me like it's been implied that whoever lived there created them, or at least shaped them into their forms.

It mostly sounds interesting. But the Unown coming from the Distortion World doesn't make a lot of sense to me - it's already been stated that they're heavily connected to the Ruins, and it seems to me like it's been implied that whoever lived there created them, or at least shaped them into their forms.

I get the feeling the Unown were always shaped like that. And it's far more likely that the Unown came before the writing system - you know, someone looks at them one day and each shape makes him/her think of a different sound...?

As for the Distortion World versus the ruins...the ruins have an otherworldly feel to them, don't they? And the anime did show that the Unown come from a different dimension and/or universe, so, although the anime has little or no bearing on the plot of the games (with the exception of Yellow), the Unown's origins may lie in the Distortion World, or a similar, alternate-universe area.

Also, I just noticed that my headline made Unown sound like the main event, even though it was only two of the ideas. I apologize for my slight oversight - I'd probably make a horrible programmer. :-(

Back
Top Bottom