• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Extended Storyline/Areas

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
Well, I've seen many posts on these forums asking for stuff like Giovanni, so I'll provide a few ideas of my own.

First of all, I'd like to see a new island region to go along with Sevii, *maybe* incorporating Hoenn music and Pokémon in the same sense that Johto music and Pokémon were used in FR/LG.

When it comes to Giovanni and Silver, I think an epic battle against Team Rocket would be really cool - only with Giovanni, Silver, and Gold all working against Team Rocket.

Giovanni would be on Gold's side because he has learned his lesson and doesn't want the evil of Team Rocket to continue.

I guess Silver will still be in the frame of mind as he was at the end of G/S, starting to learn how to treat Pokémon correctly. Through battling alongside Gold, Silver will learn the truth about treating Pokémon like friends.

Imagine the multi battles that would come out of this. D:

I would imagine that the Sevii Islands would be useless aside from a few key elements, unless of course they're the only new region.

I think the Silver/Gio battles would be great!

One main thing I want to see is the female leader with a honchkrow and giovanni with a ryperior

I want NAMES for those executives, and for TR's story to be expanded. Going from Azalea all the way to Mahogany with only a brief mention of TR is to big of a plot gap. Give us more rocket evil to smash. And perhaps put more into the seige of Goldenrod. That would be epic.

KANTO. FULL. (at least enough to comply with the storyline)

KANTO. FULL. (at least enough to comply with the storyline)

Kanto will be still like GSC one in terms of changes, but a full Kanto based on the changes since original games would be good, like an open Safari Zone as there is more reason for one now or a full Viridian forest (no sense to remove it or make it less than full)

Maybe at some point in Kanto, 3 NPCs over Kanto will give you one of each Kanto starters like in Yellow? I doubt it, but might be a way of obtaining them.

Maybe update Sevii if included too to show the time difference from FR/LG. Then add more to the TR plot here too

In Sevii, I wouldn't mind if you found Maxie and Archie there just relaxing, and could battle them optionally as "really strong Trainers with Hoenn Pokémon". Even if that'd hint at RSG5 actually coming true, I'd not care...

In Sevii, I wouldn't mind if you found Maxie and Archie there just relaxing, and could battle them optionally as "really strong Trainers with Hoenn Pokémon". Even if that'd hint at RSG5 actually coming true, I'd not care...

i like that idea...except would u ever see those two together? there like polar opposites. although there could be a side quest that shows how their fight started because technecially this takes place b4 hoenn....so maybe they were like friends and then everything that happened in the side quest happens leading to gen. 3.

I don't want the plot to confirm Giovanni's parenthood of Silver, that's obvious and leaving it that way is as empty and undeveloped as GS's Team Rocket scenario. It must be shown WHY Silver hates Giovanni and Team Rcoket that much (did Giovanni left Silver when he was a baby? Did he abuse him?) and then solve the plot (having a reonciliation or something like that). That's what I'd like to see.

Oh, and I want to know Red's backstory: why did he resigned for being the champion and why he hid for three years at the top of Mt. Silver. And, just like the Silver/Giovani plot, give it closure (ie Red goes back to claim his championship in the League or gets back home).

i like that idea...except would u ever see those two together? there like polar opposites. although there could be a side quest that shows how their fight started because technecially this takes place b4 hoenn....so maybe they were like friends and then everything that happened in the side quest happens leading to gen. 3.

Actually GS takes place after Hoenn. Remember, Hoenn's story is contemporary to Kanto's, which happens 3 years prior to Johto. So it could show what happened after they settled down their differences.

If there's going to be a new TR plot in a sevii-islands type place, I can see Giovanni, who is, by now, a changed man, popping up and saying "No guys, I'm not starting TR again. Knock it the fuck off, seriously".

If there's going to be a new TR plot in a sevii-islands type place, I can see Giovanni, who is, by now, a changed man, popping up and saying "No guys, I'm not starting TR again. Knock it the fuck off, seriously".

Agree with your plot, but it fits better to take place in Kanto, since that's where the Rockets and Giovanni come from, and because we need an excuse that does encourages us into go to that region.

If we'll see Giovanni, I hope we'll get to fight him and he'd have very high-leveled pokémon.

What I want is for the siege of Goldenrod to be a bit... grander. You have those police officers outside of two and Lance drifting around so why the heck is it up to you to take down the team alone? And why is it that the Rockets in town, who SHOULD know who you are, not do anything to stop you? Refer to the Aqua/Magma battle at Mt. Chimney in Emerald and you'll understand what I want.

Actually, doesn't the gen III timeline happen the same as gen I? and gen II had a different timeline than gen I, So Gen III storyline would have already happened about a few years before the events of gen II. I don't see that happening

I don't want the plot to confirm Giovanni's parenthood of Silver, that's obvious and leaving it that way is as empty and undeveloped as GS's Team Rocket scenario. It must be shown WHY Silver hates Giovanni and Team Rcoket that much (did Giovanni left Silver when he was a baby? Did he abuse him?) and then solve the plot (having a reonciliation or something like that). That's what I'd like to see.

Oh, and I want to know Red's backstory: why did he resigned for being the champion and why he hid for three years at the top of Mt. Silver. And, just like the Silver/Giovani plot, give it closure (ie Red goes back to claim his championship in the League or gets back home).

Actually GS takes place after Hoenn. Remember, Hoenn's story is contemporary to Kanto's, which happens 3 years prior to Johto. So it could show what happened after they settled down their differences.

oh yeah.lol

I just want Giovanni's change of heart from the end of the Kanto games to be acknowledged...

I probably missed something obvious along the way, but how do we know that Gen. I and Gen. III are contemporary?

I probably missed something obvious along the way, but how do we know that Gen. I and Gen. III are contemporary?

You do not need a time machine to trade between Gen I (in the form of FrLg) and Gen III (RSE obviously)

You do not need a time machine to trade between Gen I (in the form of FrLg) and Gen III (RSE obviously)

That's arguable, though - all the trading mechanisms involve a lot of storyline fudging, and within the worlds themselves (things making in-world sense has been more important to GF in the two newest generations than in the first two), it doesn't make sense to, as is depicted by the game's structure, be trading with only two or three different character representations at the most.

RSE's trading with FRLG could be retconned as trading with somone from a different time period in Hoenn as the main Gen. III storyline easily, and the theory that Gens. I and III are concurrent based on trading takes a huge hit when you consider that, when you hold to that strict timeline and define trading as happening only between player characters performing the main story, Pokémon transferred to Pal Park must spend three years in storage for that to make sense.

Pokémon transferred to Pal Park must spend three years in storage for that to make sense

So? The Pal Park does not have to make sense since its not a trading but migrating, which is different.

Now look at it this way, the main series character catches pokemon in say RS and trades them with Main character in FR/LG they must have same timlines, its not some random NPC your trading with like Professor Oak or a old woman, its the main character in that game as they caught the pokemon and are doing the trade (if you get that) The time capsule proves the timeline is different in gen I than Gen II and it also proves that gen I and Gen IV have different timelines given the similar one between Gen II and IV (Note I never said it was the exact same timeline, Gen II storyline has to start first, given the red garaydos stuff)

Back
Top Bottom