• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fairy Face-Off (Nintendo Online Competition)

Reaction score
Registration is now open for the latest Pokémon Online Competition!

Register now for the Fairy Face-Off, an Online Competition featuring players from around the world! Assemble your best team of Fairy-type Pokémon and head to battle! In the Fairy Face-Off, you’ll compete in Single Battle matches, with all Pokémon set to Level 30. Only Fairy-type Pokémon are allowed. An important exception is that Xerneas and Diancie are not permitted to compete. See the regulations for a complete list of eligible Pokémon.

Competition Rules
• This competition uses Single Battle format.
• Players may use only Fairy-type Pokémon from the National Pokédex (including dual-type Pokémon as long as one of the types is Fairy), excluding Xerneas and Diancie.
• Players may use only Pokémon found, caught, hatched from an Egg, or received through a special promotion in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.
• In addition, Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 game via Poké Transporter cannot participate in this competition.

This will be my first time playing a wi-fi competition, I always forget about signups or forget to do my battles. Going with a team of Klefki, Togekiss, M-Mawile, Gardevoir, Azumarill, and Dedenne. I just need to breed the Togekiss and the team should be ready to go.

Who else is planning to join? What Pokemon are you going to use?

You think I'd pass this one up? Anyway, as for the 'mons, I'm just going to go with my gym team (which I'm not revealing to you.)

Now, new discussion topic; besides M. Mawile, what do you guys think will be the bigest threats in this comp?

A Togekiss with Flamethrower (Which from what I know is quite popular) and Thunder Wave could be a big threat here. But M-Mawile's typing gives it a distinct advantage over other run-of-the-mill fairies. In fact, it can be guaranteed that there will be more M-Mawile than M-Gardevoir on people's teams. Huge Power Choice Azumarill could be a contender too. In fact, those would probably be the only two pokemon (Togekiss/Azumarill) that I would definitely make SURE to have on a team, just so I could counter M-Mawille.

This seems like it could be really fun.

I can see Trick Room being popular. I'd probably run something like Aromatisse, Mr. Mime, Mega-Mawile, Granbull, Azumarill, and Gardevoir.

Outside of Trick Room, Togekiss and Whimsicott (hell, he can even be run in Trick Room with his nonsense) shenanigans will run rampant. But at least the rules prevent Choice Specs Hyper Voice Slyveon spam.

I did some practice battles on Showdown and saw some offensive Klefki sets, might not see a lot of Clefables because Soft-Boiled isn't allowed and Wish is slower. Definitely there'll be Togekiss shenanigans and possibly Swagplay *shudder* On an interesting note, Synchronoise on Gardevoir can see some use :p

As TaiCrunch mentioned Trick Room could be viable, I was researching a team around it and found a lot of good candidates.

i cant wait to see you sharkshooter :) as i am in this competition as well, i will post the threats i think will come later
BTW; runs foul play on klefkei

Last edited:
I think I know how the teams will be structured:

--------------
1) Klefki @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 one of the defenses/6 the second defense
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Trick Room

Foul Play is resisted by every single Fairy bar Gardevoir, so no point running that

2) Mawile @ Mawilite
IVs: 0 Spe
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spe
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

FILLERSFILLERSFILLERS
-------------

Yes, I do think that the entire thing will be about who has more swag

Last edited:
this is my Klefki set

Foul Play @ Rocky Helmet
----------
252 hp and def, 4 spdef
Prankster
Bold
Foul Play
Swagger
Thunder Wave
Double Team

it works so much.

I think I know how the teams will be structured:

--------------
1) Klefki @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 one of the defenses/6 the second defense
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Trick Room

Foul Play is resisted by every single Fairy, so no point running that

2) Mawile @ Mawilite
IVs: 0 Spe
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spe
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

FILLERSFILLERSFILLERS
-------------

Yes, I do think that the entire thing will be about who has more swag

Pretty sure Klefki doesn't learn Taunt.

@GB, you're right
That means that there will also be Taunt Whimsicotts running around

I would love to join this, but I don't have enough IV breed Fary type Pokemon for the competition and the ones that are IV bread aren't ready for it or don't have the right nature. Maybe next time it comes up I'll have a Fair team ready. Plus one of my bold female Eevees that I IV bread haven't evolved into a Sylveon yet and isn't EV trained, and my female Ralts haven't been EV trained and evolved yet ether.

Okay, the official rules say you can do ten battles per day, but I ended up doing twelve and stopped of my own accord because it didn't stop me.

Any idea what's up? Can you actually do as many battles as you want or what?

Okay, the official rules say you can do ten battles per day, but I ended up doing twelve and stopped of my own accord because it didn't stop me.

Any idea what's up? Can you actually do as many battles as you want or what?
The time is based on UTC or +0 GMT so you probably reached into Saturday's quota of 10 battles. (Current time at GMT as of this post is 03:55 AM Saturday)

My team is

Mawile @ Mawilite
252 Attack
252 Defense
4 Speed
Iron Head, Play Rough, Swords Dance, Sucker Punch

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
252 Sp. Atk
252 Speed
4 Defense
Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Will-O-Wisp

Azumarill @ Life Orb
252 Attack
252 HP
4 Defense

I got 7 wins and 5 losses.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom