• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fakémon discussion

Prince Enos

Dat one witty boy
Reaction score
Any fakemon ideas? Or a fakemon artist you endear? Discuss it all here! I thought of a bunch that I'll share later.

So... a Fakemon family I once drew and actually posted in my art thread.
The reason for me to draw it was simple: I think there isn't enough scorpion Pokemon. I hate spiders and most arachnids, but I love scorpions - and having them as Poison/Electric types incorporating elements of batteries and with a railgun in place of tail seemed like a great idea.
So anyway, Scorplug is a smol, cute, living car battery with a plug-like tail and four insect legs. It's around 8''/20 cm long (without tail) and 12''/30 cm wide and weighs around 4 lbs/1,8 kg. While it can't generate much electricity on its own, it can store a huge charge in its acid filled body and then either shot it out as eletric arc from its tail or release it through bite. It can also spit acid.
Pincell is much bigger, armored scorpion. It doesn't unfortunately share its preevo's acidic spit, but instead it's equippped with huge pincers that can be used to electrocute its prey. It has a great control over voltage and power of its discharges and is thus used sometimes to power delicate or precise machinery. In the wild, they often feed on fish, which they hunt by sending high electric charge into water, stunning or killing anything in the radius of up to 10 meters (33 feet, approximatedly). Normally they're around 3 feet (93 cm) long and weight approx. 30 lbs (13,5 kg).
Finally, Araccumulator. Those humongous monstrosities (7'5'' or 230 cm long without tail (and twice as much with), weighing 250 lbs or 112 kg) aren't fortunately often met naturally due to need for a thunderstone to evolve. With its pincers alone being as big as unevolved Scorplug, it doesn't really need to rely on electric attacks - it can just outright crush its enemies with its vicious grip. Despite being equipped with two stingers (which happens to be two more than either of its preevo), its armored tail is far too heavy to easily maneuver and sting anything... evolution is just cruel like that. That said, a hole on said tail can be used to shot acid just like Scorplug could, and even better - since it shares Pincell's control over current, it can use said pincers as a natural railgun, shooting chunks of metal up to 20 pounds (9 kg) with speed of 1000 MPH (1600 KPH). Which is pretty fast, actually. Realistic for a railgun, but still... rather destructive... let's just chalk it down to Pokedex being obviously wrong about some of the Pokemon' abilities. Anyway, Araccumulators are sometimes used by demolition crews, where their railgun tails, huge pincers and sheer size make them great at tearing down old constructions.

There's also another Fakemon family that I have in mind for some time now, but haven't drawn it yet - or really thought up much aside from basic gimmick. Really though it's less the Fakemon and more said gimmick that I find interesting.
The family consists of 5 Pokemon with a card motiff. Gimmick comes in its reverse branching evolution - that is, four different Pokemon all evolve into the same final form. The idea is that no matter what said final form (based on a Joker, haven't thought up name for it yet) evolves from, it has the same basic stats and moveset - however its passive ability, as well as moves carried over from preevolution, differ.

Finally, Hydane is my last Fakemon for now. I also haven't drawn it yet, but do have some basic idea about what it's like. The idea came to me after realising that since Galar will be based on Great Britain, there probably will be allusions to the art and culture of UK. So why not a Pokemon based on "Strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde"?
Hydane is a Fairy/Psychic Pokemon based on great dane, known as "Two Faced Pokemon". It's about 6'6'' (2 m) tall and 280 lbs (128 kg) heavy. It doesn't evolve from or into anything - however it has an alternate form.
In its basic form, (known as Light form) it has white-pinkish fur, ears standing up and a double tail. Its stats are mostly geared towards defense. However its special ability, Two-Faced, gives it a 30% chance to transform into its alternate, Dark form at the end of any battle turn. There might also be a key item (probably some sort of potion) that automatically switches it into its Dark form.
In the Dark form all of its base stats switch around, with normally low attack, sp. attack and speed of its Light form becoming its normally high defense, sp. defense and health. Its type changes to Dark/Psychic. Apperance wise, it's smaller and more hunched, with black coat, glowing eyes and sharp teeth. It has spikes or its shoulders and spine, red marks running along its sides and silver mane. Unlike Light forme, its ears always lay low.
...So yeah, it's basically Lycanroc, except it can change its form mid-battle xD

A good fakemon concept i think would be a snowman Pokemon. We went through 7 generations and I'm surprised we haven't ever gotten a snowman Pokemon! It can either be an Ice type or and dual type Ice/Fairy. Can't wait to see what you do with this concept!

A good fakemon concept i think would be a snowman Pokemon. We went through 7 generations and I'm surprised we haven't ever gotten a snowman Pokemon! It can either be an Ice type or and dual type Ice/Fairy. Can't wait to see what you do with this concept!

They tested the waters with ice cream (Vanillish line) and I guess it wasn't too popular. But this shouldn't stop them from making more Snow-based pokémon. Heck, I would even want to see a Snow Fort Pokémon! (Palossand Regional Forme lmaooo)

I created one for Kanto: There and Back Again (Well, two, but one was scrapped in the second draft):

Vermilion City Pt. 1 said:
And above them all, the great carcajet circled.

This one was merely bus-sized at 32ft long, a tiddler by carcajet standards. Carcajet (Aquamachina giganteus) are among the largest pokémon we know of, great flat-headed, blunt-nosed sharks closely related to sharpedo. But these are peaceable giants, spending their lives travelling the world’s oceans following the densest plankton blooms. The carcajet cruised lazily past me, a rather sweet, dopey expression in its small round eyes. I could see with wonderful clarity its wide, rigid pectoral fins, and the hydrojets recessed beneath its vestigial tail. Mysterious pokémon, carcajet. Most of what we know about them comes from when they gather near the coasts to feed. We still don’t know where, exactly, they spend most of their lives. Recent research has at least revealed how they apparently appear and disappear at will. When ready to migrate they’ll dive to around 3,000ft, to the dim mesopelagic zone, where they’ll then use their hydrojets to cruise at an impressive 23 knots.

It was a deliberate attempt to create a poké!whale shark - wondering, in part, what a whale shark-like animal would do with the kind of water turbine propulsion Sharpedo has

I had an idea for four legendary pokemon. They each are Inca council that helps the mythical Arceus male decisions. Imagine cute pixie priests.

Special thanks to @Cresselia92 for these amazing redesigned versions of my made-up starters for the Nogland region!
Moosling looks great, Sinjerpent has gone through a huge makeover, (still incredible, mind you. Specifically changing theme from Mesoamerican to Arabian) and Lobswash is absolutely adorable!

When fully evolved, these cuties become Grass/Dark, Fire/Fairy and Water/Steel respectively.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    578.5 KB · Views: 1,925
They tested the waters with ice cream (Vanillish line) and I guess it wasn't too popular. But this shouldn't stop them from making more Snow-based pokémon. Heck, I would even want to see a Snow Fort Pokémon! (Palossand Regional Forme lmaooo)

Yeah, and I actually really like Vanillish! That Palossand regional form sounds really creative!

I was watching a video that had nothing to do with Pokémon or the Pokémon I am talking about but Klang appeared in the video and it gave me an idea. What if there was an evolution called KlangKlang where the gears were bigger or KlangKlink where there’s just something weird going on. If anyone has any better ideas for KlangKlang or KlangKlink, I’d sure be interested

I was watching a video that had nothing to do with Pokémon or the Pokémon I am talking about but Klang appeared in the video and it gave me an idea. What if there was an evolution called KlangKlang where the gears were bigger or KlangKlink where there’s just something weird going on. If anyone has any better ideas for KlangKlang or KlangKlink, I’d sure be interested
I have a headcanon theory about "subvergent evolutions". A base form with two evolutions instead branches out to only evolve once, later than the mid form, but earlier than the final, with an in between BST, and different battle styles. Maybe a bit broken, but in a way that re-imagines the line entirely as the final stat is still technically lower.

For example, Tetrapinch, a Ground/Dark type with Strong Jaw+Arena Trap at once as a single ability and some better Bite/Crunch signature move. I could see it doing better than Flygon.

Or Vigoriath, a Normal type that still has like 590 BST (super fast and strong, not so bulky) but no Truant and an ability that prevents any lack of movement (sleep, freeze, paralysis, Ingrain etc). This may be insanely broken, but I do not mind. Let it start evolving at level 28 if your Slakoth does a somersault at the peak of a mountain in a blue moon while holding Booster Energy with a Regigigas in the party

Porygon2.5 with Download+Trace and a signature Conversion 2.5

Maybe some funny ones too. Caterpunk, BST is still below Butterfree ie baaad, looks like a bigger punk Caterpie, maybe add a Dark type (but not better than Lokix), and a Big Bug Bite move (still not too strong).

The Wurmple one should be called Beautox, the wordplay is too good.

Based on that idea, I would suggest Klong, stats between Klang and Klinklang, probably also Electric type, with a constant Magnet Rise/Magnet Pull ability, and a Shift Gear/Autonomize at once as a signature move and maybe a Skill Link Gear Grind as another.

If anyone wants to suggest three stage evolution lines to theorise more of these on, please tell me!

Last edited:
You know how Mantyke and Pancham evolve?

One idea that's floated about my head for awhile is a Pokemon family with branched evolutions based on whether or not a member of that family is present (in the party) when an individual evolves. As a comparison, imagine if Rockruff evolved into Midnight Lycanroc if alone, but Midday Lycanroc if the party already has a Lycanroc (of any type).

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom