• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fakemon That Look Legit

For me, the ones that come to mind are-

This Fire-type rabbit starter by Heliolisk:

gen_8_rumored_starter_pokemon_fire_type_bunny.jpg

It has the art style right and a rather clever design that seems to use smoke as inspiration for its fluffy tail! Much better than Scorbunny.

And Owlnimous by zerudez:

246_owlminous_by_zerudez_dec4zti-fullview.jpg

Again, a very good imitation of the art style and a very sleek design combining an owl with a skull/ghost motif. Even has a clever pun name to fit.

The pre-evo, Skowl, works well too-

245_skowl_by_zerudez_de5c3eh-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
This actually feels like something I could see Gamefreak creating.... If Lucario, Decidueye, and Zeraora didn't already exist

View attachment 156726
https://twitter.com/Rx_Chuang/status/1498273969366986755?t=ZQPr_vjHkmB9XjZS4ath-A&s=19

Man, yeah, if it wasn't for Decidueye and Zeraora, I could see that. The toes are still kind of weird to me for a cat, but otherwise it's a really solid design! I don't want Sprigatito to stand up but if it did and became that, I wouldn't be too mad about it.

Again, a very good imitation of the art style and a very sleek design combining an owl with a skull/ghost motif. Even has a clever pun name to fit.

I honestly feel like Skowl could easily work as a regional variant of Hoot-Hoot while Owlminius could be a new Evolution

Fake fossilmon that look legit:

This one is based on Dunkleostus, a fish specie from Paleozoic. Better than all the garbage fossils Galar introduced:
1646931702801.png

Source: Dunkleosteus Fossil Fakemon - Commission by Smiley-Fakemon | Fossil pokemon, Pokemon rpg, Pokemon pokedex

Another Paleozoic specie, that scorpion like creature is an eurypterid:
1646932071884.png

Source: Eurypterid Fossil Fakemon - Commission by Smiley-Fakemon on DeviantArt

What about some Ice Age species? Look at this mammoth:
1646932311466.png

More Ice Age fakemon. This woolly rhino and that specie that shows up on Ice Age movies from Pixar are awesome, they look lights ahead of galarian fossils:
1646932418699.png

Not a fossilmon, but still great. A Psychic/Rock Galapagos Tortoise. It uses its brain to control rocks and atack its enemies. Awesome concept.
1646932690148.png

Source: Fakemon Pokemon Chelonite and Galaxagos- If anyone knows the artist, their name and a link would be appreciated | Pokemon pokedex, Pokemon rpg, Fossil pokemon

i would take Gigantusk over Copperajah any day because it looks miles better if we are comparing two mammoth/elephant based pokemon.

Same for the other fossils when compared to the last ones we got. Which is a shame because Gen 6 had amazing fossils, the best ones in my opinion.

i would take Gigantusk over Copperajah any day because it looks miles better if we are comparing two mammoth/elephant based pokemon.

Same for the other fossils when compared to the last ones we got. Which is a shame because Gen 6 had amazing fossils, the best ones in my opinion.
Oh yeah definitely, Gen 6 had the best. Hopefully 9 will give us another set of good ones. Maybe a mammoth and a sabretooth, or some other mammal. A paraceratherium could be cool.

It has the art style right and a rather clever design that seems to use smoke as inspiration for its fluffy tail! Much better than Scorbunny.

Speaking of Scorbunny, Do you think this would've been a better design than the one we got?

https://twitter.com/panilumirinth/status/1504555288841846784?t=qd_igD5AgKRfhVO5i_nd7A&s=19

(This also just made me realize that we don't have any Rabbit Pokemon that actually LOOK like Rabbits? Cinderace, Lopunny, and Diggersby all look more anthro and Azumarill still doesn't look like a Rabbit apart from the Ears)

Last edited:
Sad to say that I’ve never seen a Fakemon design that looks legit. :confused:
So as far as like trying to fool people into thinking it’s real, I get what you’re saying. But I do think people have gotten a lot better at imitating the art style and we’ve seen some really cool stuff come from it.

Pokémon Cardinal by Hoopsandhiphop and other Pokétubers like them have done a great job at bringing some of these talented artists to the forefront, and honestly I appreciate them more when they don’t try to pass it off as real and just let the designs shine on their own. I’ve made a couple of fakemon in my lifetime but I know my doodles are never going to reach that level.

I love those mons! Or maybe I'm just biased because I love owls in general

Oh, just reminded myself of some more I think would fit.

The Flying-type eeveelution in this old obviously fake CoroCoro scan-

d2w7c8p-afa0ab56-1ed4-4ab6-b954-e17b884fed1f.png

They did a pretty good job imitating the style, and I think the Flying-type eeveelution would work pretty well for an official design.
Really disagree on the Dragon-type one, though. It just lacks that eeveelution appeal.

Or this Flying-type eeveelution-

This one doesn't quite fit the artstyle, but the design is really solid.

Normally I don't care for earwings, but if we ever get a Flying-type evolution for Eevee, I feel like with the shape of their ears, it'd be a natural fit. Almost necessary, even.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom