• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden affili

False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden affiliates ...

Chuggaaconroy and others who used YouTube to post walkthroughs and other fair-use videos have had their content taken down by vandals filing false copyright infringement reports.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden af

Wow, wth...

Thanks.

Re: False Copyright Claims Suspend Chuggaaconroy, Others from Youtube: Bulbagarden af

*Doesn't actually care about ChuggaaConroy, especially as a guy I now hate was a huge fan of his*

Also, any evidence that these are false claims?

This copyright bullshit is getting to be a huge problem not only on Youtube, but everywhere else. Shame on the trolls for abusing the system.

@Ryu Shoji: I don't care about him either, but as far as I know, Let's Plays and such are covered under fair use. If they're not then I dunno, but there's plenty of false claims by fake companies taking down popular videos. The problem is terrible. This video explains it to some extent. Oh, and the original was taken down....for A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION.

Last edited:

Google must be pretty stupid to believe any false attempts...

Why is this news on here again? How is it relevant to anything in the fandom or the site?

It has happened before. LittleKuriboh always gets his vids taken down, even though they are fair use.

There is a flag button. Flag it enough, and it can get taken down. Same with fake claims.

@Coco: Chuggaaconroy is affiliated with the 'Pedia. That's how.

Why is this news on here again? How is it relevant to anything in the fandom or the site?
Because apparently ChuggaaConroy is a God. Although, he has played games to raise money or charity. I agree though, it's nothing big.

Also, another one was an affiliate. So? If the users appeal to Google and prove it was a false claim, then it'll be sorted out. No point in making a big deal over it.

WHAT!?!? Not Chuggaaconroy! He was the best!

This just goes to show ONCE AGAIN that Youtube's copyright bullcrap is...well, just that. BULLCRAP!

@Coco: Chuggaaconroy is affiliated with the 'Pedia. That's how.

So? Some kid makes YouTube videos about Pokemon, becomes friends with TTE and suddenly he's news when something happens to his account?

I'm really not liking how everything is suddenly starting to get over-exaggerated.

Google must be pretty stupid to believe any false attempts...

Then you must think that Google is retarded as hell. These claims aren't being investigated because Google has no staff for it and they're chicken about lawsuits.

Then you must think that Google is retarded as hell. You're naive to think these claims are actually being investigated. They're not because they're chicken about lawsuits.
They'll be investigated if the users of said accounts provide Google with proof that the claims weren't made by the copyright holders.

Who cares anyway? Chugaa will just make another one.

So? Some kid makes YouTube videos about Pokemon, becomes friends with TTE and suddenly he's news when something happens to his account?

I'm really not liking how everything is suddenly starting to get over-exaggerated.
A few cameras, and this site could be a soap >>

As someone who's been following the situation, here's what I know:

A group known as "CONJOPI" have been targeting the gaming community for a while. The first target I personally knew about was NintendoCaprisun, then ChuggaaConroy. According to people who have been tracking the suspensions for a while, they're also behind suspensions for gaming ranters such as Big Al and He11sing.

Their supposed "motive" is to force Google\YouTube to change their DMCA\copyright claim system. They've said this themselves, but there seems to be more to it.

Their next target is reportedly Let's Player "HCbailly". This is known because the group has apparently hacked the account "Mrnoobalot1632", though it's not known if that's true.

Aww Cyber Terrorism. How fun =3

EDIT:
"Another was taken down by a user who claims ownership over Chuggaaconroy’s voice."

Okay lol. That's awesome.

False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, affiliates ...

Chuggaaconroy and others who used YouTube to post walkthroughs and other fair-use videos have had their content taken down by vandals filing false copyright infringement reports.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, a

They did this to Kajetokun too (the guy who made the original Over 9000 video) and they've done NOTHING about it. Youtube's been awful about this and they really need to do more. I suggest taking legal action since these people are not only impersonating others but also claiming objects to be their own that really aren't. You have every right to sue whoever did this.

For some of the people wondering why this is news....

a) Chuggaaconroy was the largest Pokémon (and possibly of all things Nintendo) LPer on Youtube.
b) Chuggaaconroy is anything but small. He had approx 121,000 subscribers, was the #77 all time most subscribed director, and the #318 most subscribed all time overall.
c) Chuggaaconroy is an affiliate of Bulbagarden and Bulbapedia, and of the NIWA that we founded, who just finished working on a Crystal LP together with us.

Last edited:
Re: False copyright claims suspend Chuggaaconroy, others from YouTube: Bulbagarden, a

Damn trolls. Must be DCMGames again! X(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom