• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Famitsu rates HeartGold, SoulSilver: Games score higher than Generation I remakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Famitsu scores HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes: Games receive 37/40 score

Famitsu scores HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes: Games receive 37/40 score

Famitsu, a Japanese video game magazine famous for rating games on a 40-point scale, had reviewed Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, the remakes of 2nd Generation games Gold and Silver. The four reviewers gave out individual scores of 9, 10, 9, and 9, resulting in a total of 37 out of 40.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Famitsu scores HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes: Games receive 37/40 score

Yessss; this is the best score a Pokemon Game has ever gotten.
great_success.png

Does that mean it's the best Pokemon game so far?

YAY! Now im so glad i preordered it at gamestop. I just cant wait for hgss.

I'm not too sure, since the oldest Poke game I could find rated by Famitsu was XD. I'm sure someone will probably correct me on that.

^ They rated D/P too. It got a 35/40.

It's nice to see HG/SS get a pretty high score. This is the highest one of the main Pokemon games has gotten which is pretty cool.

Famitsu's scores are pretty inconsistent and often plain insane, though. It's really hard to place any genuine value in them when they gave Nintendogs 40/40...

I mean, it's great that they think it's great - but don't let hyperbole like "best Pokemon game ever" sink into your heads. Even if it IS, Famitsu's scoring system is not the way to determine that case.

Neato.

I usually hate when people rate video games I love, even if the rating is great, but since this is the highest score they've given a Pokemon game..

I'm happy..For some reason. However, from what I've heard, their scoring system is odd.

Nintendogs received a perfect score. Nintendogs. It's the killer app for the DS, but still!

They tend to score higher for cuteness than anything, a lot of the time.

To me the games look like D/P/Plat but just with some better features and it's not goddamn Sinnoh. So I would rate the games "so far" better then D/P/Plat but I won't judge until I actually play one of them myself.

Sounds good to me.

GSC were imo the best games, and with new modern features should be awesome

Famitsu rates HeartGold, SoulSilver: Games score higher than Generation I remakes

Famitsu, a Japanese video game magazine famous for rating games on a 40-point scale, has reviewed Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, the remakes of Second Generation games Gold and Silver. Four reviewers gave out individual scores of 9, 10, 9 and 9, resulting in a total of 37 out of 40.

Read more on Bulbanews

haha, that's great

now I just can't wait to play it lol

Really don't understand why Famitsu's opinions are held in such high regard, but whatever. These were always bound to be fun games at the very least anyway, regardless of the score some japanese mag gives them. Kind of non-news in a way.

Really don't understand why Famitsu's opinions are held in such high regard, but whatever.

It largely has to do that Famitsu has a rep for being very tough on giving very high scores (especially perfect 40/40 scores), but that has lessened over the past five years.

Famitsu, a Japanese video game magazine famous for rating games, has reviewed Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, the remakes of Second Generation games Gold and Silver. Four reviewers gave out individual scores of 9, 10, 9 and 9, resulting in a total of 37 out of 40.

Read more on Bulbanews

Famitsu rates HeartGold, SoulSilver: Games score higher than Generation I remakes, DP

Famitsu rates HeartGold, SoulSilver: Games score higher than Generation I remakes, DPPt

Famitsu, a Japanese video game magazine famous for rating games, has reviewed Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, the remakes of Second Generation games Gold and Silver. Four reviewers gave out individual scores of 9, 10, 9 and 9, resulting in a total of 37 out of 40.

Read more on Bulbanews

The thing is...Famitsu has been really kind of unreliable lately. They're far too eager to give out nines and tens for games that, quite frankly, don't deserve them.

I'm not trying to put down a couple of games that I haven't even played yet; I'm just saying that a Famitsu review should really, really be taken with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom