• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Famous Japanese voice actors on Pokemon (Not Opinion Based)

Kotono Mitsuishi, the voice of Sailor Moon lead, the lead character of Excel Saga and has played many other characters... Very well known actress.,,

In pokemon, she played Ditto and Domino from Mewtwo Returns.
Don't forget Misato Katsuragi from "Evangelion".

I find Megumi Hayashibara to be a little overhyped, personally, though I can't deny that she has an impressively extensive resume. However, the voice of her partner-in-crime Kojirou, Shin'ichirou Miki, seems to be just as prominent as she is in the sheer number of characters he's voiced (among them being Kisuke Urahara from Bleach, to name one example).

Also, Nobuyuki Hiyama, one of THE most badass male seiyuu out there (his voices include adult Link from OOT, Soul Calibur's Siegfried and Yoshimitsu, the Digimon Black War Greymon, Bleach's Ikkaku, and several other roles that a lot of westerners may be familiar with). He's played quite a lot of Pocket Monsters characters over the years, starting with one of the first characters of the day, Akira (AJ in the English dub). He also voiced one of the Rockets from the Crystal special, Buson, two Frontier Brains, Datsura and Kurotsugu, as well as one not-so-memorable character (the husband from that fucked-up time slip episode in the Battle Frontier arc). Personally, I find it sad to think that almost all of his roles had potential to make a reappearance, but they've all been screwed out of one and, to date, he's only done one-shot characters (though technically, Kurotsugu did appear at the end of the previous episode, and some of these characters did appear again, albeit they were all short, unvoiced cameos).

Well, time to revive another thread of mine. For SM, the new voice actors are either relative newcomers or rising stars. There is one exception. The RotomDex is voiced by Daisuke Namikawa, who I know as Italy from "Hetalia" and the current voice of Goemon from "Lupin III".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find Megumi Hayashibara to be a little overhyped
HOW DARE
He did, ironically the voice of Keitaro Urushima in Love Hina ( damn, why did weedle leave? this would be a worthy bait for him xD )
Omg :cry: I miss Weedle and Nickstr and co... Can't wait till someone invents time travel and I can go back and relive the Misty Boycott and other tales!

(Sorry I don't have anything constructive to add...)

Kenji's VA Tomokazu Seki is high-profile and is probably the reason why he doesn't appear anymore.

Megumi Toyoguchi voiced Dawn/Hikari. Some of her most notable roles were Yukari in Persona 3, Revy in Black Lagoon, and Winry in Fullmetal Alchemist.

Yuuki Aoi voiced Iris. For her age, she already has a rather extensive resume. For a few examples, she voiced Yuuki from SAO, Komachi from Oregairu, and most recently, Futaba in Persona 5.

And there's also just as famous Shin'ichirō Miki (Kojirō). He played the role of Lockon Stratos from Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Kisuke Urahara from Bleach, Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist, Tsuzuki Asato from Yami no Matsuei (aka Descendants of Darkness), Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic!, etc. He's very active in yaoi and shōnen-ai productions XD Here's the full list: Shinichiro MIKI - Anime News Network
Reminder that Shin'ichirou Miki also voiced the actual (well, kinda) Sasaki Kojirou (Assassin) in the Fate/stay night visual novel series, who even kind of looks like him if Kojirou grew his hair out even more and went for a Samurai Ponytail.

Megumi Toyoguchi voiced Dawn/Hikari. Some of her most notable roles were Yukari in Persona 3, Revy in Black Lagoon, and Winry in Fullmetal Alchemist.
And funnily enough, Haruka from Senran Kagura. :p

Last edited:
Well, time to revive another thread of mine. For SM, the new voice actors are either relative newcomers or rising stars. There is one exception. The RotomDex is voiced by Daisuke Namikawa, who I know as Italy from "Hetalia" and the current voice of Goemon from "Lupin III".
Well, guess what. He voiced Lucian of the Sinnoh Elite 4.

Here are the voice actors I can remember...

Yūki Kaji, voice for Clemont, and voice for Eren Jeager from Attack on Titan.
Yuichi Nakamura, voice for N, and voice for Mumen Rider from One Punch Man.
Kenichi Suzumura, voice for Steven Stone in XY&Z, voiced Shin Asuka from Gundam, Okita from Gintama, Kouichi from Digimon Frontier.
Akira Ishida voiced Falkner, and he was the voice for Nagisa Kaoru from Evangelion, Gaara from Naruto, and Togami from Dangan Ronpa.
Kensho Ono, voice for Alain and Aaron (Sinnoh E4), voiced Kuroko Tetsuya from Kuroko's Basketball, Sakaki Yuuya from Yu-gi-oh Arc-V, Mikaela from Seraph of the End, and Slain from Aldnoah Zero. (You might doubt his popularity, but believe me, he's been super popular ever since Kuroko's Basketball dominated the sports genre)

Last edited:
Reminder that Shin'ichirou Miki also voiced the actual (well, kinda) Sasaki Kojirou (Assassin) in the Fate/stay night visual novel series, who even kind of looks like him if Kohjirou grew his hair out even more and going for a Samurai Ponytail.

:eek: Oh my!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom