• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fancy Pattern Vivillon event announced: Will be distributed after GTS reaches 100 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Fancy Pattern Vivillon event announced: Will be distributed after GTS reaches 100 million trades

Following the unveiling of the Poké Ball Pattern Vivillon which will be distributed in France in June, a new pattern called the Fancy Pattern Vivillon has been revealed.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Fancy Pattern Vivillon event announced: Will be distributed after GTS reaches 100

Where can you see how many trades were made?

Re: Fancy Pattern Vivillon event announced: Will be distributed after GTS reaches 100

Serebii said that the GTs has done "85millions of trades", an average of 7 trades (only by GTS) per copy.

A counter can appear randomly on the home page of the Global Link site on the left column when you're logged in. I saw that bit a moment ago and it displayed 87,095,970 trades; on subsequent refreshes I got a "top 3 tippers" and "favourite in Amie" tidbits in that same slot. Might take a while to see it if they have many of these rotating elements for that.

I'd expect maybe two or three months till the millionth trade is made. Some others calculated something more akin to just one month from raw numbers with the days since launch and amount of trades, but I think a substantial part of players have already moved on (it isn't exactly new anymore), so the traffic can't be compared directly.

E: The PGL tidbit looks like this (with surrounding elements uncropped for clarity of position). I've seen different patterns of Vivillon but no other species, so I guess it always shows one of them.
rbBssBX.png

Last edited:

I'll have to contribute to the cause. Let's get trading, everyone!

I would help, but everyone has outrageous demands for some of the most mundane stuff, like they want a Celebi for a damn Sentret.

A counter can appear randomly on the home page of the Global Link site on the left column when you're logged in. I saw that bit a moment ago and it displayed 87,095,970 trades; on subsequent refreshes I got a "top 3 tippers" and "favourite in Amie" tidbits in that same slot. Might take a while to see it if they have many of these rotating elements for that.

I'd expect maybe two or three months till the millionth trade is made. Some others calculated something more akin to just one month from raw numbers with the days since launch and amount of trades, but I think a substantial part of players have already moved on (it isn't exactly new anymore), so the traffic can't be compared directly.

E: The PGL tidbit looks like this (with surrounding elements uncropped for clarity of position). I've seen different patterns of Vivillon but no other species, so I guess it always shows one of them.
rbBssBX.png

I disagree. The number was just at 85 million about 10 hours ago. It's now near 90 million. That would've made 3-5 million trades within the past 12 hours. No way this will take a couple of months. Or even weeks at this point. I'd say a couple of days.

I'm guessing it will be the same level as the other event Vivillon, but a different ball, perhaps? Then again, I can't speak or read Japanese, so if anyone can confirm what level and ball, that would be awesome.

rbBssBX.png

I disagree. The number was just at 85 million about 10 hours ago. It's now near 90 million. That would've made 3-5 million trades within the past 12 hours. No way this will take a couple of months. Or even weeks at this point. I'd say a couple of days.

The "about 90 million" from the official site news post is a very rough rounded number (if you round to full 10 millions, yeah, you can get "about 90 million") and I'm pretty sure Serebii's "about 85 million" was a roughly rounded number as well. This assuming the more exact PGL reading is accurate (is there a reason not to?), which shows 87,133,054 for me right now. That puts the rate at around +37,000 in three hours; extrapolating that directly would say about 43 days, though as said in my earlier post already, it's no use assuming the traffic stays the same, especially as it won't be steady throughout the day. Maybe I could try to remember to take a sample tomorrow instead and estimate from that.

Granted, I didn't take the increased interactions due to the offer itself into account, but I can't still see this being a thing that will happen in a few days.

I would help, but everyone has outrageous demands for some of the most mundane stuff, like they want a Celebi for a damn Sentret.
You can help by, rather than trying to find fair offers, putting your reasonable offer for that Sentret or whatever up there instead. Because it isn't an outrageous offer, it will surely go through very quickly.

Last edited:

We need to get trading~

I WANT THAT PATTERN! ._.

I Need it for my collection!!!! (which is not complete, sadly)

With this promotion I can see the use of the GTS increasing and the 100 million trades be done in a few weeks. I don't get why they're distributing the Fancy pattern when the Pokeball pattern would have been more suitable given its distribution will be because of the trading done.

If you deposit a Vivillion and demand a Vivillion back it's likely a trade would be done really quickly, so that's what I'd advise doing, and if you haven't collected the Vivillion patters now might be a good time to start.

Well, I'm going to do my part to help reach 100 mil. I don't have any of the other Vivillon patterns besides Modern (my native pattern) and Elegant (which I got via Wonder Trade), so I may as well go for that.

I'm guessing it will be the same level as the other event Vivillon, but a different ball, perhaps? Then again, I can't speak or read Japanese, so if anyone can confirm what level and ball, that would be awesome.

It's at level 12 inside a Cherish Ball with the following moves... Gust, Light Screen, Struggle Bug and Hold Hands. Just look here...

0lMAXZk.jpg

I'm not sure what the ability will be though. I already traded 39 Vivillon on the GTS so far today and I'm hoping to do more tonight. I must get this Vivillon!

It's at level 12 inside a Cherish Ball with the following moves... Gust, Light Screen, Struggle Bug and Hold Hands. Just look here...

0lMAXZk.jpg

I'm not sure what the ability will be though.

Thanks for the confirmation. May I ask where did you find that screenshot?

Last edited:

0lMAXZk.jpg

I'm not sure what the ability will be though. I already traded 39 Vivillon on the GTS so far today and I'm hoping to do more tonight. I must get this Vivillon!

Thanks for the confirmation. May I ask where did you find that screenshot?

On Nintendo Life. There's more screenshots if you'd like to see them on the site...

Fancy Pattern Vivillon To Be Distributed Following 100 Million Trades on Pokémon Global Trade Station - 3DS News @ Nintendo Life

I'll post them here anyway lol...

2M6oEwF.jpg

xr7kYPX.jpg

It is so dang pretty! >3<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom