• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fancy Pattern Vivillon event announced: Will be distributed after GTS reaches 100 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fancy Pattern Vivillon event announced: Will be distributed after GTS reaches 100

also, I'm still missing the Sandstorm one and it seems to be impossible to obtain it from the GTS... they made it way too hard to collect them all and they're not even passing their patterns in breeding so some of the patterns are ridiculously rare

Really, it wouldn't be so bad if those particular forms weren't exclusive to regions where very few people actually play Pokemon. I mean, how many people do you think play Pokemon in the Middle East anyway?

It wouldn't even be that bad if their rareness wasn't used against us. Seriously, I had to trade my Azelf to get a Monsoon Pattern, which is absurd, considering most other patterns can be easily obtained by trading another Vivillon. There's no way one Vivillon should be worth a Legendary Pookemon, while others are worth another Vivillon when they're the same damn Pokemon.

Sadly, that's actually somewhat reasonable, rare forms are more valuable, therefore they're worth more. It's the fact that they're rare in the first place that makes it unfair, which is owed to the fact that they're distributed to regions that don't have a lot of Pokemon players. If they distributed them a bit more fairly, we wouldn't have this problem. Either that or make the different patterns breedable.

A Vivillon is valuable? I find that to be extremely ridiculous.

Would you say Spiky Eared Pichu isn't valuable compared to other Pichu? What about shinies, which are literally no different from their counterparts except for body color? Rarity affects value, just because the species is worthless doesn't mean that rarer variations of them aren't.

I don't give value to something that's so circulated. In this case, Vivillon. If you do, that's great. Continue to enjoy it, and trade with others.

Re: Fancy Pattern Vivillon event announced: Will be distributed after GTS reaches 100

also, I'm still missing the Sandstorm one and it seems to be impossible to obtain it from the GTS... they made it way too hard to collect them all and they're not even passing their patterns in breeding so some of the patterns are ridiculously rare

Really, it wouldn't be so bad if those particular forms weren't exclusive to regions where very few people actually play Pokemon. I mean, how many people do you think play Pokemon in the Middle East anyway?

It wouldn't even be that bad if their rareness wasn't used against us. Seriously, I had to trade my Azelf to get a Monsoon Pattern, which is absurd, considering most other patterns can be easily obtained by trading another Vivillon. There's no way one Vivillon should be worth a Legendary Pookemon, while others are worth another Vivillon when they're the same damn Pokemon.

Sadly, that's actually somewhat reasonable, rare forms are more valuable, therefore they're worth more. It's the fact that they're rare in the first place that makes it unfair, which is owed to the fact that they're distributed to regions that don't have a lot of Pokemon players. If they distributed them a bit more fairly, we wouldn't have this problem. Either that or make the different patterns breedable.

Would you say Spiky Eared Pichu isn't valuable compared to other Pichu? What about shinies, which are literally no different from their counterparts except for body color? Rarity affects value, just because the species is worthless doesn't mean that rarer variations of them aren't.

I don't give value to something that's so circulated. In this case, Vivillon. If you do, that's great. Continue to enjoy it, and trade with others.

Okay, when I say "value", I'm referring to trade worth, not personal worth.

Okay, when I say "value", I'm referring to trade worth, not personal worth.

I'm not sure how you would define that, or even how I would. Pokémon are meant to be collected, so there's not much worth there to begin with. Then again, everyone has something they put value on, but it can get messy when we mix emotions and collecting.

Last edited:

Oh, a event that will go off in France. Fancy that !

There are a lot of people who play Pokémon in the Arab countries, but more often than not, we pick the UK, or some other country as our region on the 3DS. This is because:

• We don't want to deal with restrictions.
  • Not all countries are available (Bahrain).

Yes, it's annoying even for us to do this, and we don't like it, but it's much more convenient. The Nintendo eShop is just one of many restrictions.

I joined a Facebook group to get all the patterns - took a bit of waiting at unreasonable hours to trade, but I only needed to trade Vivillon for Vivillon

This better not be anything less than a worldwide distribution. Distributing the Poké Ball Pattern in Paris alone is obnoxious enough

Maybe I could try to remember to take a sample tomorrow instead and estimate from that.

FWIW, an hour short of four days later and the PGL counter has risen from 87,133,054 to 88,332,322; from that can be calculated that, again assuming completely linear trade volume, 100M will be broken in about 43 days. If someone was looking forward to that estimate.

Maybe I could try to remember to take a sample tomorrow instead and estimate from that.

FWIW, an hour short of four days later and the PGL counter has risen from 87,133,054 to 88,332,322; from that can be calculated that, again assuming completely linear trade volume, 100M will be broken in about 43 days. If someone was looking forward to that estimate.

May I ask what your source is? I'm not saying you pulled those numbers from your ass, but I am curious.

May I ask what your source is? I'm not saying you pulled those numbers from your ass, but I am curious.

The counter on the Global Link site, which I last time referenced to in the post below. Well, I mentioned PGL already anyway.

Where can you see how many trades were made?

A counter can appear randomly on the home page of the Global Link site on the left column when you're logged in. I saw that bit a moment ago and it displayed 87,095,970 trades; on subsequent refreshes I got a "top 3 tippers" and "favourite in Amie" tidbits in that same slot. Might take a while to see it if they have many of these rotating elements for that.

(...)

E: The PGL tidbit looks like this (with surrounding elements uncropped for clarity of position). I've seen different patterns of Vivillon but no other species, so I guess it always shows one of them.
rbBssBX.png

And the equation here here actually; made a small mistake by counting from the 4-days-ago trades to 100k; the proper equation shows four days less as expected.

Last edited:

I would help, but everyone has outrageous demands for some of the most mundane stuff, like they want a Celebi for a damn Sentret.

That's either...
A) People doing a Cloned Pokemon trick, which requires the use of the real GTS, making outrageous requests to ensure that nobody trades for them and messes up their cloning or...
B) Little kids.

Or, I suppose, people without the time or willingness to hack/generate Pokemon themselves who are hoping some kind soulled hacker will do it for them.

It is pretty annoying when you want to get a specific Pokemon, though.
Or they could be looking for the actual Pokemon and can't get it, as the Gen VI GTS will not let you trade event Legends even if they lack a Ribbon. Yes, some are showing off but there are plenty asking for that Manaphy and they really want it, but they won't get it. It sucks too, as I'd love to pitch off my spare Manaphy to the guy offering a shiny Golurk. =/

As for the topic at hand: I'm already doing at least one or two trades a night, since someone always pitches off at least one poor Automaton that seemingly needs me. So yeah, I'm doing my part to hit 100 million; there's no slouching on my end.

I agree with your point. I found that someone wanted a Lv. 91 - 100 Arceus for a Lv. 1 Magikarp! Who would trade for that?

We need to get trading~

I WANT THAT PATTERN! ._.

I Need it for my collection!!!! (which is not complete, sadly)

I still need Monsoon, Tundra, Poké Ball and Fancy. I'm willing to trade anything for Monsoon and Tundra. ^_^

It's not that hard to help the effort. If you don't want to search, then you should offer something reasonable. There's always people searching on the GTS.

I managed to pawn off a lot of Helioptile....for Helioptile. I think Japanese players thought I was offering a HA Helioptile when I was actually asking for one so we kept going back and forth. But yeah, help the effort, put something reasonable up and check every couple of hours.

Going to bed? Put something up before you sleep and check in the morning. You got a trade? Great! Going to school/work? Put something in again and check when you get home!

Last edited:

The most intriguing thing from this Vivillon (to me at least) is the move it has: Hold Hands. It sounds like a move to increase the friendship of what it targets permanently based on the description. In other words, doesn't sound like a move with no effect.

Thanks for reading.

The most intriguing thing from this Vivillon (to me at least) is the move it has: Hold Hands. It sounds like a move to increase the friendship of what it targets permanently based on the description. In other words, doesn't sound like a move with no effect.

Thanks for reading.

That seems to be true, according to serebii.net. How effective it is, I cannot seem to find out.

I joined a Facebook group to get all the patterns - took a bit of waiting at unreasonable hours to trade, but I only needed to trade Vivillon for Vivillon

This better not be anything less than a worldwide distribution. Distributing the Poké Ball Pattern in Paris alone is obnoxious enough

The Poké Ball Pattern has also been confirmed for Japan. But no date or details have been confirmed. Hopefully the rest of the world can access it as well. ^_^ What Facebook group did you join? I still need Monsoon and Tundra. And also, people have uploaded both Legit and Hacked Poké Ball Pattern Vivillon on the GTS. If you're strictly looking for one for collection purposes, I'd suggest trading for one of those. There's even some Shiny Poké Ball Pattern Vivillon (these are obviously hacks and even have HAX in their name). But everyone with a Vivillon is searching for special Pokémon. So unless you yourself have hacked Pokémon (since special Pokémon usually won't trade) you're out of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom