• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Fanfic Rules 2009 Edition--Updated May 23rd

Alright, question here. Is a preview allowed if the thread it uses is then occupied by the true story and that it makes sense in context? Here's the context.

I'm going to write a fanfic in the spirit of a TV show, not script format or anything, but as in the titles will be called episodes and there will be a short preview for the next episode at the end of each one, maybe a recap at the beginning. It's Kamen Rider, and in Kamen Rider, a short time prior to the series air, they air a promo.

So thus, my plan was to post a promo/preview, then, like how it'd air on TV, when the first episode is posted, it'd go on the same thread, as if it was merely continueing as would be seen in the real Kamen Rider series.

In this very specific instance, would that be allowed?

Alright, question here. Is a preview allowed if the thread it uses is then occupied by the true story and that it makes sense in context? Here's the context.

I'm going to write a fanfic in the spirit of a TV show, not script format or anything, but as in the titles will be called episodes and there will be a short preview for the next episode at the end of each one, maybe a recap at the beginning. It's Kamen Rider, and in Kamen Rider, a short time prior to the series air, they air a promo.

So thus, my plan was to post a promo/preview, then, like how it'd air on TV, when the first episode is posted, it'd go on the same thread, as if it was merely continueing as would be seen in the real Kamen Rider series.

In this very specific instance, would that be allowed?

Well, if the previews and recaps are accompanied by the chapters themselves and ot separate posts, I don't see nothing wrong.

Well the promo itself is basically in place of a summary of the plot, it acts as both at the same time. It's it's own 'chapter' then next chapter is episode 1. Thanks!

I actually have a question on this - My intro posts are usually quite long; due to basic information, a synopsis, table of contents, and an "extras" panel of that work. Due to all of that, would it be all right to post the first chapter directly beneath it instead of including it in that said post?

I actually have a question on this - My intro posts are usually quite long; due to basic information, a synopsis, table of contents, and an "extras" panel of that work. Due to all of that, would it be all right to post the first chapter directly beneath it instead of including it in that said post?

Everyone's intro posts are like that, and all post the first chapter there too. If it's too long, then spoiler some bits.

Rules apply for all.

All right. Just checking the specifics. Thank you for the prompt reply.

-All chapters of a fic must be posted in the same thread. In addition, whatever serves as the first part of the story must be in the first post. That means that a table of contents cannot make up the entirety of the first post, however they can be a part of it. Thread titles may be edited to reflect the latest chapter posted, and initial posts may be edited to include links to later chapters. However, sequels, prequels, spinoffs, splinters, etc., are NOT considered part of the same story and must be posted in new threads.

Sorry if this is already covered elsewhere, but I'm brand new to the Workshop and want to clear things up before I blunder. I just started a story yesterday which involves a whole team of people on a single uncharted island. It's one big plot (explore) made up up several smaller stories.

Once I get a lot more written and posted I'll have a table of contents to help guide people, but I'd really prefer all of this to be in the same thread. Is that allowable, or does each story count as a splinter?

Thanks

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom