• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

As much as I'd like a Pocket Monsters Special anime, what influence does Media Factory or Viz Media have on Japanese animation studios?

Last I checked, Meda Factory was involved with the Hetalia Anime and some Pokemon merchendise. If a good Anime like that was made by them, then PokeSpe might be in good hands, depending on who's in charge. And should they go through with an Anime Adaptation (SHOULD THEY being the key words), I also hope Viz Media does the English dub.

Should the make OVAs, the trouble is that the story might get compressed like with Viz's "Best Ofs." I'm sure we don't want that.

Somari said:
I've seen plenty of OVAs for anime recently. Since when are they going out of style?

I can't think of any that are less than five years old. Can you give any examples of a recent direct-to-video series?

Not that it really matters one way or the other since DVDs are so ridiculously expensive in Japan that a company would have to be insane to expect young kids to be able to afford them.

Somari said:
I've seen plenty of OVAs for anime recently. Since when are they going out of style?

I can't think of any that are less than five years old. Can you give any examples of a recent direct-to-video series?

There's the last Tales of Symphonia OVA coming out in the future.

But yeah, kids wouldn't be able to afford it, especially if it were to come out on Blu-ray.

And should they go through with an Anime Adaptation (SHOULD THEY being the key words), I also hope Viz Media does the English dub.
But doesn't TPCi hold the rights to everything Pokemon anime-related? So wouldn't they have to be the ones to produce the dub?

If there's ever a pokespe anime, I'm definitely gonna watch it - Red, Silver, Ruby and all others appear with their personalities, and none of them are like stupid kiddy Ash

But doesn't TPCi hold the rights to everything Pokemon anime-related? So wouldn't they have to be the ones to produce the dub?

Well, it should be both Viz and TPCi doing the dub. I dunno.

Considering how the poll got over 6,000 voters and only just over 100 voted for Pokémon Adventures, which got it into third place, doesn't really strike me as that impressive. There were probably an awful lot of series' that only got 1 or 2 votes, which shows how divided opinions must be on the subject.

Japanese animation studios don't really do OVAs anymore.
As a boring guy living in England, even I've noticed a decline in them. The majority of OVAs I've heard about recently are either spin-offs for huge properties like Fairy Tail and given out with Limited Edition manga volumes or released as part of super-premium priced boxsets. I couldn't count the amount of OVAs I've heard of in the last few months on one hand xD.

Hell, when I think of the last OVAs I watched, I end up going back to late '09-early '10 with the 4-part Shakugan no Shana S...wow, that was long ago =3.

Last edited:
I would watch a pokespe anime but only the first arc. Other than that, I'm not really for a pokespe anime.

Somari said:

Not that it really matters one way or the other since DVDs are so ridiculously expensive in Japan that a company would have to be insane to expect young kids to be able to afford them.

Gundam Unicorn...Gundam's primarily a kid series, although it does have a lot of adult fans, probably more so than Pokemon...

I don't understand the crazy obsession with having a Special anime, nor the weird idea that it'd have to be seriously edited to be suitable to be aired on television lol.

I've always wanted to read Special, but few people actually know it here, even fans, and I can't find it anywhere. If it was made into an anime, my chances of actually seeing it would be far higher. And perhaps it would reduce the number of idiots who think Red is an Ash rip-off when it's actually the other way around.

Wait...

I've always wanted to read Special, but few people actually know it here, even fans, and I can't find it anywhere
Are you joking? It's the most well-known of the Pokemon Manga...I mean, there's a reason people call it "the manga". 0.o

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I really do hope it gets adapted into a anime! I have been reading the Manga and I simply love it! I think it has more potential then the current Pokemon anime, but that is just my own personal opinion.

Wow. Wow, an anime adaptation would be so, so cool. I mean, the original anime has to be pretty easy and light because its target audience is, well, everybody, right? While that would be advertising the franchise for the younger audience, Special anime would be fine enough to fit among all the, uh, teen-audience shounen series today for its story. A Pokémon anime with a deeper storyline.

ED: ...Also, B/W already introduced us to a deeper storyline... Well a storyline that makes you think. I think. So. This would be a good time for Pokémon to start reaching to the older audience too.

Oh god my thoughts are all fuzzy so
tl;dr Good. Yes.

Personally, PokeSpe's Anime could be rated G for everyone while still being as good as the Manga (story wise). Plus, I can imagine a hypothetical Anime of that series airing in the US but on a different channel like Nick/Nicktoons to differentiate it from the Anime on CN. They handle Dragon Ball Z Kai well enough so PokeSpe would be a walk in the park.

Alternatively, CN could pick it up and put it on Adult Swim. A lot of anime seems to find it's way there.

Though, I don't really care what network it winds up on, or even if it gets translated into English. JUST DO IT.

Alternatively, CN could pick it up and put it on Adult Swim. A lot of anime seems to find it's way there.

Nah, people might get the wrong idea. Besides, Special's not that dark (let alone all the time) and could be rated G at best.

Wait...

I've always wanted to read Special, but few people actually know it here, even fans, and I can't find it anywhere
Are you joking? It's the most well-known of the Pokemon Manga...I mean, there's a reason people call it "the manga". 0.o

fun fact: In Japan, the most popular Pokemon manga series is actually Pocket Monsters.

Nah, people might get the wrong idea. Besides, Special's not that dark (let alone all the time) and could be rated G at best.

Not everything on Adult Swim is dark, though. With a Y7/PG rating, it could make it.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom