• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

New artwork for selected Pokémon available in the new Pokémon Dream World has been revealed. The art release accompanies new artwork by Ken Sugimori that was first seen in the latest edition of CoroCoro magazine.

Read more on Bulbanews

Synesus

◕‿◕
Reaction score
Well, this is very cool, suddenly having a new official drawing style for (soon to be) all Pokémon.
It's certainly going to take a bit of getting used to though; some Pokémon look really odd in this style (like Zuruggu, for example).

Faye Scarlet

total eclipse of the heart
Reaction score
Will there be both Sugimori art AND Dream World art? D:

1dbad

Reaction score
I agree that some Pokemon do look odd in the new art and it's so vastly different. I do hope we'll get them for all of them though, and I will be curious to see it. It is very different though. I think I prefer his old style a bit more, actually. :/

Somari

Reaction score
It reminds me of Pokewake's style, with a few that resemble the anime. Anyone else think that?

D'aw. Game!Pikachu's design gets me every time. It's so adorable..

Daxdiv

A Good Time to Fight
Reaction score
Most of the Dream World art reminds me of Anime Art, and something I would normally see in any Flash project the official Pokémon flash thing.

Gligar13

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P
Reaction score
Those images remind me of oldschool anime artwork:

rbogey

Typhlosion!
Reaction score
^^^ I like his old art better, and now he seems to be going back to that a little. And these will be easier to trace in art class!

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Why is this treated like some big revelation?

There's always been multiple artwork for Pokemon. Always.

Like the official artwork they use for the Pokemon Center (which Serebii has avatars of, for example), the anime artwork used on the Pokemon Best Wishes site, etc. Kind of surprised that people are acting like this is something new. Considering that the Pokemon on the Dream World site, a flash website, bounce around a bit, obviously they're not going to use static, Sugimori artwork.

Taromon777

N's Secret Admirer
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me, but I think I actually prefer the Dream World art to the standard Sugimori art. It's much more vibrant and matches the anime as well as the games.

winstein

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
I thought the news meant that there are new Sugimori artwork, but no, there isn't new art, but just the old art. I was a little disappointed... The Dream World art is actually decent; I like them. It may not have every Pokemon in the book, but still, they look fabulous. It needs the Goruggo and Kirikizan lines' art, though.

Thanks for reading.

Noivern

Noivern noi!
Reaction score
I think I actually like it. Sort of. It reminds me of the anime in its early days. Still, nothing beats Sugimori's art most of the time. Also, I like Smug... Tsutaaja's art.

Shinytwo

Also has a Shiny Zapdos
Reaction score
It needs the Goruggo and Kirikizan lines' art, though.
Don't forget the Tesshido line, Maggyo, the Meraruba line, Monozu line, Furijio, Kuitaran and Aianto, Kyurem, the Musketeers, the Raijins and the last 3 Event legends...

I would love to see those...

/Zer0

What would happen?
Reaction score
I'm liking the Dream World art, they have those vibrant colors and broad lines. My favorites are Bulbasaur and Pikachu. Having said that, though, it doesn't have the Sugimori feel (not that I expected it to) that the Pokemon Video Game franchise has been known for; they altogether look much more realistic and defined with every detail sharply imprinted in the design. Like some of the other posts here, I'm disappointed that there wasn't any real new Sugimori artwork revealed alongside the DW artwork.

I'll be looking forward to new KS and DW artwork.

ghaskan

At last, Kalos
Reaction score
This is relevant to my interests.

I won't say I love 'em all, but some got a pretty good vibe and attitude, like the above example. That will make me love some Pokémon a lot more.

Falconwing

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
I really hope we get Kirikizan art soon.

Kamex

Reaction score
Well, the art style is intriguing and quite likable. But I still want to see Sugi art. Pokémon just isn't the same without that distinctive feature.

Pidge

a
Reaction score
Don't ask me why, but this kind of style reminds me of the Mystery Dungeon games.

Also, Bellsprout is fly as usual. :smokin: