• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not liking it right away. Are there more examples somewhere?

Can't wait to see the Dream World and Sugi art of... *points to the left*

Any day now... ^_^

I must say this because it is relevant: this article fails.

First off, and the main reason, is this: it's not Dream World art. Want proof? Here you go (You might have to be signed in to Daisuki Club to access). What relevance does this have? Look at Tsutarja. Got it? Now look at the "Dream World art":
495Tsutarja_Dream.png

Notice any resemblance? Any at all? You should, because they're the same thing. Want more proof?
lc_f.gif
to
506Yorterrie_Dream.png

lc_t.gif
to
587Emonga_Dream.png

Also, don't say that this is Japanese art. It was present on Pokemon.com a while back, but I am unable to find that at this moment.

Second, the title is misleading in two ways. One, not all fans woke up to this. If someone in, say, New Zealand, and wakes up to it, not all other timezones wake up to it too. So, the title is wrong. Plus, many fans mistook the tagline to be that Sugimori art will no longer exist. WRONG.

Please. This is very incorrect.

Sugimori's style is far superior. I really dislike this Dream World art.

Some of this art looks like it's in a similar style to the Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon (not the recent CG one; the Genndy Tartakovsky one from a few years back).

I am mixed about it. The art is PMD-like but it just does not feel right without Sugamori's unique style.

What do you mean it's not dream world art? There has only been one person who has been uploading all the DW art, and that person is bluesun. Maybe they made a mistake but I highly doubt it.

I think the dream world art is lively, fun, and very high energy. It has a little more "character" to it, and by character I mean it is a little bit looser. I realize not everyone will like it, but then again not everyone likes Sugimori's original art, either.

Wow I love this stuff!! I just put the Bachuru as the wallpaper on my phone...
Its good to see the new Pokemon in different poses.

I must say this because it is relevant: this article fails.

Second, the title is misleading in two ways. One, not all fans woke up to this. If someone in, say, New Zealand, and wakes up to it, not all other timezones wake up to it too. So, the title is wrong. Plus, many fans mistook the tagline to be that Sugimori art will no longer exist. WRONG.

Please. This is very incorrect.

Well, thanks for the personal dig, Matt. The title was a pun because you wake up from dreams. For the record, I didn't actually wake up to it myself - I found out about this several days after the fact and thought we'd better put some kind of report up. Consider it an updated take on the Sugimori article that was written (but not published) eight days ago.

Someone mistaking the tagline is not the fault of the article's author (myself), as it is written in plain English. This is explained further in the article and even in the blurb. The article never says the Sugimori art will not exist, and actually says that new art has been released in the past week.

I wasn't aware that the art had been used elsewhere and the article has now been updated accordingly. Of course, you could have done so yourself without causing such a scene. Even so, the art is now associated with the Dream World, which makes it for all intents and purposes Dream World art.

Thanks for your concerns; I hope I've answered them sufficiently. :)

Dream world art really feels much more alive. Maybe if I study it a bit,I can try my hand,once again, at cell shading :D

I would have never have thought that Tsunbear's icicles are still boogersicles, but forming around the mouth and making a beard

Well, thanks for the personal dig, Matt. The title was a pun because you wake up from dreams. For the record, I didn't actually wake up to it myself - I found out about this several days after the fact and thought we'd better put some kind of report up. Consider it an updated take on the Sugimori article that was written (but not published) eight days ago.

Someone mistaking the tagline is not the fault of the article's author (myself), as it is written in plain English. This is explained further in the article and even in the blurb. The article never says the Sugimori art will not exist, and actually says that new art has been released in the past week.

I wasn't aware that the art had been used elsewhere and the article has now been updated accordingly. Of course, you could have done so yourself without causing such a scene. Even so, the art is now associated with the Dream World, which makes it for all intents and purposes Dream World art.

Thanks for your concerns; I hope I've answered them sufficiently. :)
Thank you. I'm sorry for the personal reference (didn't even notice that until now), but I was unaware of the pun used in the title. The tagline was clear to me too, but I can see where other users are coming from: "get new artwork" could have been "get additional art".

i like it. Pikachu's head is too round for my liking, and Charizard's left horn is a lil weird in perspective, but TBH, i really like it, and this* is just too badass not to love :D

This*:
553Waruvial_Dream.png

Wonder if the new simplified art is vector and scalable. That might be the reason.

Is Reshiram even capable of lowering its arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom