• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

New artwork for selected Pokémon available in the new Pokémon Dream World has been revealed. The art release accompanies new artwork by Ken Sugimori that was first seen in the latest edition of CoroCoro magazine.

Read more on Bulbanews

Well, this is very cool, suddenly having a new official drawing style for (soon to be) all Pokémon.
It's certainly going to take a bit of getting used to though; some Pokémon look really odd in this style (like Zuruggu, for example).

Will there be both Sugimori art AND Dream World art? D:

I agree that some Pokemon do look odd in the new art and it's so vastly different. I do hope we'll get them for all of them though, and I will be curious to see it. It is very different though. I think I prefer his old style a bit more, actually. :/

It reminds me of Pokewake's style, with a few that resemble the anime. Anyone else think that?

D'aw. Game!Pikachu's design gets me every time. It's so adorable..

Most of the Dream World art reminds me of Anime Art, and something I would normally see in any Flash project the official Pokémon flash thing.

Those images remind me of oldschool anime artwork:
Pikachu.gif

^^^ I like his old art better, and now he seems to be going back to that a little. And these will be easier to trace in art class!

Why is this treated like some big revelation?

There's always been multiple artwork for Pokemon. Always.

Like the official artwork they use for the Pokemon Center (which Serebii has avatars of, for example), the anime artwork used on the Pokemon Best Wishes site, etc. Kind of surprised that people are acting like this is something new. Considering that the Pokemon on the Dream World site, a flash website, bounce around a bit, obviously they're not going to use static, Sugimori artwork.

I thought the news meant that there are new Sugimori artwork, but no, there isn't new art, but just the old art. I was a little disappointed... The Dream World art is actually decent; I like them. It may not have every Pokemon in the book, but still, they look fabulous. It needs the Goruggo and Kirikizan lines' art, though.

Thanks for reading.

I think I actually like it. Sort of. It reminds me of the anime in its early days. Still, nothing beats Sugimori's art most of the time. Also, I like Smug... Tsutaaja's art.

It needs the Goruggo and Kirikizan lines' art, though.

Don't forget the Tesshido line, Maggyo, the Meraruba line, Monozu line, Furijio, Kuitaran and Aianto, Kyurem, the Musketeers, the Raijins and the last 3 Event legends...

I would love to see those...

I'm liking the Dream World art, they have those vibrant colors and broad lines. My favorites are Bulbasaur and Pikachu. Having said that, though, it doesn't have the Sugimori feel (not that I expected it to) that the Pokemon Video Game franchise has been known for; they altogether look much more realistic and defined with every detail sharply imprinted in the design. Like some of the other posts here, I'm disappointed that there wasn't any real new Sugimori artwork revealed alongside the DW artwork.

I'll be looking forward to new KS and DW artwork.

This is relevant to my interests.

552Waruvile_Dream.png

I won't say I love 'em all, but some got a pretty good vibe and attitude, like the above example. That will make me love some Pokémon a lot more.

I really hope we get Kirikizan art soon.

Well, the art style is intriguing and quite likable. But I still want to see Sugi art. Pokémon just isn't the same without that distinctive feature.

Don't ask me why, but this kind of style reminds me of the Mystery Dungeon games.

Also, Bellsprout is fly as usual. :smokin:

069Bellsprout_Dream.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom