• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, mor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

The email gave contact details, which matches the contact details provided on the website for these laywers in all details except one. The cell phone number. The website doesn't have that. That doesn't mean it's fake, but it's plausible that it could be, since you'd expect the offices to be closed on the weekend. We know WPM called a number, but we don't know if he called the cell, and/or if the cell is legit.

Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

it fake. Someone is just trying to scare the hell out of us.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dude, this is bullshit. Half my family are lawyers, this shit makes no sense. They can't give you 24 hours, that's illegal. Also, why Nintendo of America? That's the biggest piece of crap in this whole thing. Something like this would have come from Japan. And why haven't they hit Youtube, there's so much Black and White stuff there. And Bulbagarden is as big as Serrebii, why haven't they hit us yet?

I don't care what the higher ups tell me I'm going to panic until this is proven fake. If this is proven real, then I panic more.

I don't care what the higher ups tell me I'm going to panic until this is proven fake. If this is proven real, then I panic more.

And what will panicking get you?

Assuming it's fake: Way to ruin everyone's release day

Mine wasn't ruined by anything except for the inability to find any sprites to dump. T_T

And what will panicking get you?

Just a hell of a Saturday night.

Seriously. This can still be fake. I'm sure that all we can do is wait. I think that became my catchphrase.

Just another thought...

Do lawyers even send out C&Ds on the weekends?

I'm calling fake or empty threat.

I'm hoping that this is bull.

Just another thought...

Many certainly work on weekends, but that is an extremely odd time to send out this kind of letter... and having the deadline for compliance with the C&D order on a Sunday is also pretty weird, IMO.

Not to say it's impossible... but it does seem odd.

Well, then we need to find one who's a pokemon fan. lol

That would be funny during a recess he pulls out a ds and starts playing a Japanese version of Black and White.

On topic now this world is going to hell and soon we won't even be allowed to say certain names like pokemon or facebook or Dunkin Dounuts (Hmmmmmmm... Donuts withs maple syrup and bacon on top i wish i lived in seattle) because of fear of getting sued by some asshole

I will seriously panic if this hits bulbagarden!!!!!
I would even mention it in social studies class.

But th 24 hours thing and the fact that it's from NOA doesn't make sense!!!

Just another thought...

This. Even if it was sent Friday night, they still should've given the entire weekend to pull the info. Who checks their email on a weekend?

It all just seems way too fishy. Doesn't it stop being "intellectual property" once it's released to the masses? And isn't "intellectual property" irrelevant here anyway? I thought that was only used in cases of "I though of it first!"

I really hope it's all crap. That's just RIDICULOUS.

Sounds like crap to me, but Joe and WPM went about this the right way by playing it safe and removing all the screenshots. Hopefully this issue is cleared up soon enough.

I think eveyone should try and remain calm until further research, if this is false, which it seems to be, we are just doing what they want us to do, freak out about nothing.

Something irks me. The letter mentioned being able to contact the lawyer for more detail on the situation. Has Joe or WPM done that?

i dont know what to think of thisl
its just astonishing....
i hope its fake
im not sure what to think of this
let just not overreact to things

Under the current circumstances, we have taken the precautionary measure of locking the databases. We are presently attempting to contact the lawyer who reportedly sent these notices out for confirmation of what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom