• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, mor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

Bullshit. Utter Bullshit.

Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

Under the current circumstances, we have taken the precautionary measure of locking the databases. We are presently attempting to contact the lawyer who reportedly sent these notices out for confirmation of what's happening.

...at this time of the day? If they're American lawyers, like reported, wouldn't they be sleeping now?

After reading what Ambi Pom Pom wrote, I can't see how this could be legit.

But I'm glad that Joe and PWM did the smart thing and took down the images as a precaution. I'm going to remain calm and see how this turns out.

Last edited:

...at this time of the day? If they're American lawyers, like reported, wouldn't they be sleeping now?

In america it is from 6:30 to 10:30 here, so not nessicarily.

After reading what Ambi Pom Pom wrote, I can't see how this could be legit.

But I'm glad that Joe and PWM did the smart thing and took down the images as a precaution. I'm going to remain calm and see how this turns out.
WPM's images were still up last I checked

Well, we have an estimated hour to wait for an answer. After that, we can just sleep on the situation and wait for The Morning Answer.

7:30 to 10:30 actually.

Anyway, it's not *too* late, but I'd imagine the majority of them would be out right now.

Where are Bulbapedia's servers located? I know a large portion of the site members are Australian... could that be why Bulba has heard from the "lawyers" yet? Or is it like Serebii, based in the US?

Where are Bulbapedia's servers located? I know a large portion of the site members are Australian... could that be why Bulba has heard from the "lawyers" yet? Or is it like Serebii, based in the US?
Servers are US based if I recall.

7:30 to 10:30 actually.

Anyway, it's not *too* late, but I'd imagine the majority of them would be out right now.

Oops, I messed up in typing, thanks.

Anyways, I have been looking at other major pokemon sites, nothing yet...

So only WMP and Serebii, hu? I think that these lawyer is either slow or fake, because bigger sites, like this one, can be found faster than those two.

I still don't see how this activity they're trying to prevent can possibly "damage" the franchise like they said.

If it was a real lawyer who sent this, and he or she knowingly sent out such letters on a Saturday with a deadline of the very next day... well, they really shouldn't be expecting not not to be interrupted by a call, their weekend activities be damned.

Large proportion? I'm the only Aussie. Most of the staff, as well as the servers, are US based.

If it was a real lawyer who sent this, and he or she knowingly sent out such letters on a Saturday with a deadline of the very next day... well, they really shouldn't be expecting not not to be interrupted by a call, their weekend activities be damned.

...so, then, WPM should've had something to report by now.

Large proportion? I'm the only Aussie. Most of the staff, as well as the servers, are US based.

Damn, I thought I read that somewhere. I feel like an idiot, as usual lol.

Damn, I thought I read that somewhere. I feel like an idiot, as usual lol.

Yeah, I always thought EVKL was aussie too.

But, the lawyer can't be this lazy, can he?

sure why not?
alot of pple are lazy

(and i think evkl is in america as well)

I highly doubt the lawyer will be lazy at all. And seeing as how Nintendo's a large company, this is an extremely serious matter. So he would be on his feet from the start of the day to the minute he punches out.

If this guy isn't a lawyer, though, he's probably giving it away by being so damn lazy. -_-'

Assuming no further information is known, all of this can be solved within 48 hours. On Monday, evkl or Archaic can call this law office and ask about it. If they have no idea what's up, it's fake.

So there's no reason to panic because 48 hours from now it'll all be wasted.

BTW, I call fake.

I've contacted the lawyer and left him a voicemail. Waiting to hear back from him, but we're working on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom