• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, mor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

Large proportion? I'm the only Aussie. Most of the staff, as well as the servers, are US based.

If that's the case, wouldn't Bulbagarden be getting a C&D by now?

Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

If that's the case, wouldn't Bulbagarden be getting a C&D by now?

Well, unlike Serebii and PokeBeach, we didn't really have any screenshots uploaded on Bulbapedia. Maybe that's why.

There should be a poll over who thinks it's fake, and how much. Just a suggestion/ *whistles*

I've contacted the lawyer and left him a voicemail. Waiting to hear back from him, but we're working on it!

Okay, or Rex can call too I guess :p

Well, unlike Serebii and PokeBeach, we didn't really have any screenshots uploaded on Bulbapedia. Maybe that's why.

...but the forums are chok-full of them by the members' hands. This gives them the open chance to do so and send a notification. So we'll just wait.

There should be a poll over who thinks it's fake, and how much.

What would it achieve? We're all already aware the majority of us think it's fake, and yet even more of us agree the pictures should've been taken down as they were to prevent legal action, in case these copyright infringement notices are real.

...but the forums are chok-full of them by the members' hands. This gives them the open chance to do so and send a notification. So we'll just wait.

Well, they couldn't really get every single member to take down every single pic/sprite/video.

Well, they couldn't really get every single member to take down every single pic/sprite/video.

...but the staff here could.

Bulbapedia also has official artworks, further proving my statement from before.

I doubt the staff wants to backtrack through every BW related thread to get rid of every link to every picture/video unless we have to.

It'd be like trying to remove all the things about Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber off of youtube.

Bulbapedia also has official artworks, further proving my statement from before.

Well, official artwork doesn't come from the games.

I mean, I understand your argument, but assuming these notices are real, I'd imagine Nintendo would be more concerned with illegal screencaps than official artwork.

Maybe not directly. ^^;

Still, it's like having a dog sniff you for drugs. If they find a tiny trace of what they're looking for, you're busted. This applies to the law too, doesn't it?

I sure hope this guy's a fake...

...but the forums are chok-full of them by the members' hands. This gives them the open chance to do so and send a notification.
Not to mention, the letter doesn't just talk about Black and White,

"Going forward, you must also refrain from posting any screenshots, videos, or other content that infringes Nintendo’s rights in the Pokémon series or any other game"

It says Pokemon SERIES. Meaning, ANY of the games related to pokemon. So although Bulbapedia may not host anything really related to BW yet, you'd still think they'd get a letter on account of holding tons of stuff relating to past games and whatnot.

That said though, it's just another indication as to why I think the letters are fake. If Nintendo was really cracking the whip down that hard, why'd they wait for BW to be released to do it? Furthermore, why haven't any other Nintendo related fansites reported getting letters?

It's happened before, with PPN and some spanish fansite. One was raided, and the other replaced the site with a letter from nintendo lawyers.

Both affected sites (pokebeach and serebii) are still up for me though. Hopefully they won't end up like those 2 sites did.

This is... wow. I can understand them doing this before the games' release, but not after. And why now on these games, after all the other games that they've gone through?

Pokemon is Serious Business.

It's happened before, with PPN and some spanish fansite. One was raided, and the other replaced the site with a letter from nintendo lawyers.

Both affected sites (pokebeach and serebii) are still up for me though. Hopefully they won't end up like those 2 sites did.

I remember when PPN got raided. He never got his stuff back. :|

And what will panicking get you?

The security of paranoia.

Every bit of this is is illogical. I believe it's just a troll.

The b/w images have been pulled from serebii already, and serebii posted a summary of the letter (no bw images).

Well, since it's past midnight in the Central Time Zone here in the US, my guess is just to wait for the moment in the morning. I'm sure things will be cleared up by then.

Large proportion? I'm the only Aussie. Most of the staff, as well as the servers, are US based.

I'm Aussie too...

The security of paranoia.

Every bit of this is is illogical. I believe it's just a troll.

Sweet, sweet paranoia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom