• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fantabulous Festivities – Corsola's Creative Holiday Challenge 2023

Announcement
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
It’s that time of the year again for creative minds to shine, in the Bulbagarden Creative Holiday Challenge! This year's Creative Challenge is going to be a little different than past years, coming in collaboration with the team behind Corsola Cove, which you can now find hosted here on the Bulbagarden Forums. For those of you who haven't heard of Corsola Cove, they're a Creator Hub for Original Pokemon Content, aimed at promoting, supporting and sponsoring Pokemon Creators, from artists, to game devs, to modders, to Players, to meme makers, to YouTubers and everyone in between.

To enter the creative contest this year, we'd like you to create a holiday season themed Pokémon visual joke or meme, suitable for sharing on social media.

Once you’ve finished, fill in the entry form, attaching your entry as an image file and/or URL. Do this before 11:55pm, Sunday December 31st (US Pacific Standard Time). If you want, you can also post your completed creation here in this thread to share with everyone!

All entries must comply with the following rules:
  • Your entry can be based on any kind of cultural holiday that is traditionally celebrated in the month of December.
  • Your entry must be Pokémon themed. You can include Pokémon creatures, characters, locations, etc. from every part of the franchise (core games, spin-off games, anime, manga, TCG, etc.).
  • Your entry must be your original work, and must not be material you’ve uploaded to the internet before this contest. This includes anything you’ve made for previous creative challenges from past Bulbagarden competitions. Any and all instances of plagiarism will result in disqualification from this and all Bulbagarden holiday contests.
  • You may use any kind of personal creative skill to create your entry, including drawing, crafting, cooking, photography, making a video, etc. You may creatively incorporate plushies, figurines, or official Pokémon art as part of your entry (including as part of a collage, mashup, etc), though there must still be a clear creative element to the overall entry that makes it yours. The use of AI generated content, including but not limited to DALL-E, Midjourney, Stable Diffision, Chat GPT, and so forth, is explicitly banned, and will result in an immediate disqualification.
This contest is a challenge of creativity and not of artistic skill. We’ll be judging you primarily based on your ideas, so don’t worry if you aren’t very skilled, you can still score well with the judges. Submitting something "so bad it’s good", Santa Claus Conquers the Martians style, is a perfectly valid direction to go for this competition.

Feel free to use this thread to post your work-in-progress! If you’re not certain if you’re going in the right direction, we can also let you know if your idea is too basic, or otherwise not a “reasonable go” for this contest.

The top 2 contestants, as chosen by our judges, will receive a Pokémon Center Gift Card to the value of $60 USD (for winners in the United States), or an equivalent value in readily available Pokémon merchandise (for winners in other countries).

If you have any questions about the contest, please post them in this thread.

And most importantly: have fun, everyone!

Last edited:
I have what may be a silly or obvious question, but when you say that it has to be a "holiday season themed Pokemon visual joke or meme", can it also include words on the image that help deliver the joke? I'm not sure if the joke/pun of my image will be obvious if I don't at least include the phrase that inspired it.

• Staff
I have what may be a silly or obvious question, but when you say that it has to be a "holiday season themed Pokemon visual joke or meme", can it also include words on the image that help deliver the joke? I'm not sure if the joke/pun of my image will be obvious if I don't at least include the phrase that inspired it.
You most certainly can.

Winning Entries
  • Staff
Back
Top Bottom