• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: [Fanzine] Pokemon: The Tale of Two Js

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
Pokemon: The Tale of Two Js

This Unofficial Fanzine is to commemorate the 10 year Anniversary of the demise of one of the most notorious and memorable villains in Pokemon Anime history, Pokemon Hunter J in the Diamond and Pearl episode, ''The Need of Three!'' which aired in Japan 12th November 2009.

This story takes place sometime after the events of the Pokemon Sun and Moon episode,''Securing the Future'', with the setting taking place in the yet to discover Galar Region. This is a tale of inner struggle, conflict, and longing. A tale of abuse, betrayal and companionship. A tale of a Pokemon inventor with a love for people and Pokemon, and a Pokemon Hunter that took all that away from him for her selfish gain. A younger brother, who thought he had moved on after narrowly escaping his older sister before her tragic end back in Sinnoh... or so he thought...

The link to this Fanzine will be posted above, and will showcase a sneak peek for what is to come, which will be released for all to see on 12th October, Midnight JST (11th October at 5PM GMT). More will be posted on the anniversary on the exact same time of Midnight JST (11th November at 4PM GMT) on 12th November 2019.

!!!PLEASE NOTE!!! This Fanzine is an experiment for future original projects. I try to avoid the many tropes that other fanzines/fanfictions/marysues and garystews have done in the past, and instead try to create new life, personality and meaning to the comic. This will all be part of working progress to expand the world and characters like hardly ever seen, so please understand and see this as a form of working art. I also had help with editing from my brother, though not a Pokemon Fan, find the story very enjoyable to follow. I too enjoy writing the characters and their role in the story, trying to make them as close to the anime as possible. Although not completely accurate, it is still as working progress as the artstyle as you may see as you read through the comic.

I'll also be posting updates to the comic to when the next batch of pages will be released as time goes on, since it's still a working progress. Over 50 Pages are done, and yet I am only halfway done, so please be patient to any long periods.

If you have any questions or advice, feel free to comment below. I appreciate a socially polite conversation, any bullying remarks or any forms of negativity will not be tolerated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
UPDATE:: Sorry for the handling of time on the Fancomic site I'm using, it's not as simple as it looks. Summertime will go back at the end of October. But as for the release date for SwSh, I will be posting some pages up on the exact same time as 4PM GMT on November 15th.

Last edited:
Here is the new Fanzine I've been working on, with the editing work in the wordings thanks to my brother, Philip, and help from Cresselia92. To get a bigger version, please click the link on my signature.

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

I happily advise those to seek the link in my signature to view more. Please note that more will be posted on the anniversary day (12th November) and the release of Sword and Shield. (15th November)

Last edited:

Webp.net-resizeimage (4).png

UPDATE: Happy Halloween, have decided to showcase the next two pages, a recap to the last events that lead to Pokemon Hunter J's demise. What happens next will be on the anniversary.

Last edited:
And so, the 10th anniversary of Pokemon Hunter J's demise has finally arrived, and as promised, here are the pages to what I've done since late April till today. Please keep in mind that it is still working progress, and as of right now, I am needing a hiatus for when Sword and Shield comes out. But hopefully, when I do get back to the comic, I would have new ideas as well as help to explain of J's backstory as well as the mysterious Team Nova Galactic and what they truly want with Necrozma.

Webp.net-resizeimage (18).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (23).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (87).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (86).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (79).png

Last edited:
Webp.net-resizeimage (77).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (3).png

This is where I got since late April/Early May thus far. 64 pages and counting. I have still more to write, but have decided to take a break to recharge as well as play Pokemon Sword. Perhaps that game will help to give me more ideas to the already established story for what's to come. Perhaps in 2020.

I hope you enjoyed this Fanzine, as this is helping me to try and experiment for my own original series after this one. A nice way to pause it with J having a taste of her own medicine. But don't worry, this bracelet is more harmless than the original stone one.

I'll try and keep you informed for any future updates. Please stay tuned.

Last edited:
Webp.net-resizeimage (95).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (92).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (71).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (72).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (84).png

Webp.net-resizeimage (99).png

Merry Christmas, thought I'd post to the next round number for the holidays. I'll be working on more for the next year.

Last edited:
Sorry for the long delay of getting the next pages for the fanzine done. I have been hit by writer's block throughout all January, and just when I was all on a role, I hit another snag in the form of me moving on the 1st March. Hopefully as soon as I have settled down into the new house, I will continue with the comic. So far I'm up to Page 76 with more story concerning J. I hope to have it up by March/April. I'm not making any promises, you can't rush art, and this requires a lot of patience.

Thank you.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom