• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Farewell, Unova

Generation V got me back into the series again after not having played for 8 years. So glad I decided to check it out.

One of the finest generations. You had some hits or misses with Pokemon. But, overall, Generation Five, you brought the AAA game. You were refreshing, you presented a slew of exciting new Pokemon. And you managed to stand on your own two feet. You were the perfect segue between the old generation of hardware and the new. And I applaud you.

BW was fun on the first playthrough. Really not so after that. BW2's sorta fun still, but it's just a meh region for me. I'm certainly not going to miss it.

Yes, I will miss Generation V and Unova. Although it may not have been my favourite, it certainly did bring a lot to the table, Black & White are great games and I still enjoy playing them!

Bye, Unova! I haven't played White in over a year, and didn't play BW2 at all, but I still had fun. I'll miss you, Emboar and Chandelure! You two were definitely my best team members.

I'll really miss the Ancient Castle music, by the way. Flawless.

While not my absolute favorite generation, White and Black 2 are two of my favorite games. Gen V brought us some great games with new mechanics and gameplay features, stories and characters (some I find worse than others), PokeUSA, and cool/adorable Pokemon and that really made it an enjoyable Generation. While a lot of people didn't like it, I think it was great.

Koontz! Come to Kalos! DX

Farewell Unova and Black and White. I loved all your cities and towns, especially Nimbasa City with the theme park. I loved your creativity and amazing pokemon. Some people hated you, some loved you. I loved you. You were my favorite generation of pokemon.

I figured from the beginning that it would be a short gen anyways due to how close BW was releasing to the launch of the 3DS.

Still, overall a solid gen. Ended up loving Archen more than I thought it would due to seeing how it destroyed everything with Acrobatics. Joltik ended up being one of my favorites too due to being absolutely adorable.

And of course, I can't fail to acknowledge the introduction of the glorious Stunfisk.

And of course, you had the best evil team. Team Plasma was the absolute BEST evil team EVER. You also had the best story of any pokemon game.

Unova, our time together was short but it was truly an unforgettable great adventure from your tiny package. Great, music, Pokemon, proactive Gym Leaders and proving main games CAN have a legit story.

I... Let's root for some hopeful Unova Fairy transition & Megas!

Unova,

I owe my entire rejuvenated love of Pokemon to you.
After Diamond Version destroyed my interest in Pokemon, you showed me the error of my ways.

You had an amazing amount of new Pokemon, and despite every generation's derps, you had predominantly great designs and plenty of new typings.

White version did exactly what I wanted, gave me a start with only the newest Pokemon, while White 2 brought in mixed routes just when my interest in the older Pokes had rekindled.

PWT was awesome.

Story line was the best so far.

Triple battles are great.

Bisharp for life.

Here's to you, Unova.
You will be fondly remembered.

Before I depart for Kalos, Unova, thank you for the joys and woes experienced while traversing your vast region. The knowledge learned from conquering the elites I hope will lead me again to victory in this foreign land. To Reshiram and loyal party members, thank you for not only lending me your strength but trust as well. Otherwise I would not have become the champion that I am today.

Do not fret. You will all soon join me in Kalos. Until then, remain soundly asleep in your pokeballs and pray that Arceus be with me.

Last edited:
Goodbye, dear Unova! You are one of my favourites! Screw what the genwunners say, you were great and you should feel great!

Farewell! Gen 5 got me back into Pokémon, and introduced some of my favorites such as Chandelure, Vanillite(Seriously), Serperior, and Genesect. It allowed me to catch all 4 legendary golems. It had beautiful sprite animations in battle. It's definitely one of my favorite Generations. ALSO SHINY GIBLE

Actually im going to miss Unova and Gen V alot.
Since Gen V was what brought me to the Pokemon Fan Club.
PWT was awesome
Story Line was also awesome.
Oshawott and Reuniclus <3

Let's see how our adventures will go in Kalos

It was fun to play through all four Gen V games. My favorite things were the storyline, especially in the sequels, and the Pokemon World Tournament! Being able to fight against just about anyone you want besides the Pokemon Elite Four members was amazing!

I love how Unova had more of everything - two professors, two rivals, bigger cities, battles where you could bring out more Pokemon. I also loved the music at Village Bridge and how you could add layers to it - so beautiful, it made me want to tear up. There were a few really memorable new Pokemon too. I liked Emboar, Druddigon, Zoroark and Krookodile the most.

The thing I hated most in Black and White is that they left the past-gen Pokemon until after the Elite Four, which was a bad move in my opinion, though BW2 made up for that by including older Pokemon from the start.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom