• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Farewell, Unova

The Hoopster

Reaction score
It's now T-minus 2 days till Generation VI is here, and it seems like a good time to say good-bye to good old Gen V. What was your favorite part of it? Anything you didn't like? How about your favorite game? Post your farewells here!

Generation V, hated by many but loved by many as well and in my opinion one of the best gens. Introduced most of my favourite pokemon but the only thing i didn't liked is that it was a little too linear. I bid you farewell Gen V.

Last edited:
Bye bye Unova. I will certainly not miss you. Still, my favorite part of Generation V? Definitely the major battle musics, like N, Ghetsis, E4, Champion and Colress' battle musics. They were SO good. My least favorite part is most likely the horrible Pokémon World Tournament (seriously, Battle Frontier was much better) and the city musics (they were too "techno" for me). I also hate the fact it introduced 156 Pokémon, an absurdly high number imo.

i didn't really liked gen V at first, but in the end i really enjoyed it. farewell gen V, we had our up and downs, but may your legacy live on

Bye, Unova! I'm glad I got Black and Black 2. They had a great storyline, one of the best I've seen. My favorite Gen V game was Pokémon Conquest. A lot of people didn't like Gen V, but that only added to your charm!

Farewell Unova...the thing that I liked best about you was that you were supposed to be a "fresh new start" in the Pokemon franchise. So much for that...

Farewell Unova, I'm really gonna miss you. You introduced a lot of amazing new pokémon, amazing musics, the awesome PWT....and a lot of other little things. Farewell G5 !

Bye bye Unova, I wish we'd get more games like you where all the pokemon are new, fresh, and mysterious.

Mahalos Unova,

Thank you for all the changes, giving me one of my all time favorite Pokemon [Krookodile] and for having some enjoyable plot/postgame developments.

Good bye Unova! My favorite part about you was the amazing new Pokemon! My least favorite part was probably Castelia City, even though it was amazing what they did I just thought it was too big.

No Unova, come back ;-;

Thank you for introducing so many good characters and Pokemon...

My favorite Pokemon, Zoroark, was introduced this gen, as was Vanilluxe (another, very underrated) and it was the Gen that made me a Pokemon superfan. I'll miss you Gen V, you'll always be special to me.

Don't worry guys! Much like the Zelda Cycle, Pokemon generations are usually hated while they go on and are looked upon fondly after a gen or two passes... So come Gen VII, Unova will be just as loved as Johto and Hoenn, lol.

That said, I appreciate Unova for giving me actual, useable Bug Types like Leavanny and Volcarona and several other amazing mons... The Battle Subway, Hidden Abilities that gave bottom tier mons like Sableye new life, and an awesome soundtrack and storyline.

I won't miss the Weather Wars or Spore-spamming, Swagger-abusing, Cresselia Championships, er VGCs...

Don't worry guys! Much like the Zelda Cycle, Pokemon generations are usually hated while they go on and are looked upon fondly after a gen or two passes... So come Gen VII, Unova will be just as loved as Johto and Hoenn, lol.

tumblr_mjq10uA1Wu1r5wkkso1_1280_zps1dd9b0fc.png

White is my favourite Pokemon game, and was my route back into the series.

Everything IS so fresh, so new. You start the game full of wonder and it drags you on this neat little story of manipulation and betrayal. Everything is so well-paced, so well designed. All the pokes are at very least interesting, and as it goes on their strengths become apparent and you can craft all manner of strong teams. After 4 generations, we definitely needed a bit of a shake up when it comes to what you encounter and work with. Grind doesnt feel like grind, they've quite blatantly sped up the processes and menus to get you on your way and keep on hitting you with the good stuff instead. Some of the more advanced techniques like breeding and EV training were simplified but still kept hidden away, making them fun and still rewarding. Waiting till the endgame to hit you with the older beasts is a master-stroke- I remember feeling gutted, I wanted to have another crack at the elite 4 with just Unova pokemon at my disposal.
The second games quite obviously threw the stronger, more exciting pokemon at you straight away(im thinking Riolu, Growlithe etc) and gave you another angle on the Unova/N story. Always interesting, still felt fresh - but fell short of the first games for me.

After I played White, I attempted to give Diamond a go. I couldn't play it. Everything is so dated- so slow, so gray... It's hard to go back to being shafted by Zubats and Machops at every corner with fight sequences that take an age to click through and change. Seriously try it, I fully believe this.

Thats my two pennies. I'm going to miss Gen 5 for that reason - two great games.
Plus the Lacunosa Town music was frickin sweet

See you, Unova. Generation V introduced some excellent and dynamic changes, compelling characters and some amazing Pokemon and I'm a bit sad that it's over.

Some of my favourites were introduced this Gen, so it's one I'll always look back on with a lot of fondness.

See ya, Unova! Had a good time. Got to meet N and had some awesome battles like ghentsis and the trinidad, trained some awesome pokemon too like Ferrothorn. And to all my fans of my movies, I say don't worry. I might come back someday! My only complaint is BW2, no black/white kyurem but you had the nerve to make a movie about it? Guess I should know better than anyone that movies aren't real. Anyway, thanks to you Unova for the good times.

Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!
(Someone had to finish it...)
Anyways, I sure did like some of the people, places, Pokemon, music, and Gen V was pretty cool. :)

Unova, you had the best story and PokeDex ever. I will miss you. The only thing keeping you from topping Hoenn for me was your lack of little extra features.

learning that golurk could fly

watching my cofagrigius wreck everything in front of it in the E4

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom