• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Farigiraf Appreciation Thread

I thought that Kleavor, Wyrdeer and Ursaluna would be regularly obtainable in Paldea, but it seems that I was naive. Honestly, who knows about Farigiraf. They aren't regional evolutions, but Game Freak may not be committed to carrying over their evolution methods every time. Even Sylveon was missing in BDSP after its method had been simplified...

Yeah, I'm honestly not even 100% sure Farigiraf isn't a regional evo, but it really seemed like it.

Hisuian evos seem to be in the game, but they're likely need to be traded or using special methods to obtain.

BDSP is an odd exception , because for some reason they seem deliberately made it a exact copy of DP experience sans Platinum. Which is weirdly regressive, IMO.

To me a regional evolution evolves from a regional variant. All remakes but ORAS omitted some evolution methods. I guess now that's the reality for all games to make Legends special.

If this hurdle is about Eviolite, shame on Game Freak.

On the website, it says that "Girafarig in the Paldea region can evolve into Farigiraf." They used similar wording about Sirfetch'd, but in this case, we see regular Girafarig evolving in the trailer. I'm not sure if this is just jargon, or because Game Freak doesn't like to retcon in evolution methods ("the reason why Girafarig couldn't evolve in previous games is because it requires some vague force from Paldea's environment"), or if it's literal. Like, if they made a new spinoff with evolution as a mechanic set in a new region (fingers crossed...), would Girafarig still be able to evolve, or would that contradict the Lore™? (There were Alolan forms in Lental without explanation, so it could go either way.)

On the website, it says that "Girafarig in the Paldea region can evolve into Farigiraf." They used similar wording about Sirfetch'd, but in this case, we see regular Girafarig evolving in the trailer. I'm not sure if this is just jargon, or because Game Freak doesn't like to retcon in evolution methods ("the reason why Girafarig couldn't evolve in previous games is because it requires some vague force from Paldea's environment"), or if it's literal. Like, if they made a new spinoff with evolution as a mechanic set in a new region (fingers crossed...), would Girafarig still be able to evolve, or would that contradict the Lore™? (There were Alolan forms in Lental without explanation, so it could go either way.)
They said the same thing about every other new Pokémon that evolves from a old Pokémon. It is just "diffrent regions, diffrent evolution powers."

I'm starting to think, lore wise, modern Sinnoh's natural power is the only one able to be transportable due to the dawn stones. But it's harder for Alola, Galar, Kalos, and Paldea to be synthesized and Hisui's power to even be used in modern times.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom