• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Alolan Regional Variant

Favorite Alolan Regional Variants?

• Rattata

• Raticate

• Raichu

• Sandshrew

• Sandslash

• Vulpix

• Ninetales

• Diglett

• Dugtrio

• Meowth

• Persian

• Grimer

• Muk

• Geodude

• Graveler

• Golem

• Marowak

• Exeggutor

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Alola everyone! I figured I would make this thread since it seems we won't be having any additional Alolan regional variants for Generation 7. That being said, which of the current ones are you fond off? That you prefer to the original? How have your experiences been using them in-game or competitively?

I really like the Vulpix line and Raichu. The Alolan Vulpix line are so adorable and elegant at the same time-those cool blues and whites really compliment each other. I'm also happy that their typing was primarily Ice as well, since there aren't many Ice types in comparison to other types. I haven't used the line in-game (yet...), but I do use Alolan Ninetales competitively. She's a force to be reckoned with, with her Aurora Veil or 100% accuracy Blizzards. I would probably use the line in-game if they were catchable in the Moon versions :cry:

I absolutely adore Alolan Raichu. I used one during my Moon play-through, and couldn't stop myself from using one again in Ultra Moon. Alolan Raichu> OG Raichu. I do wish it was Electric and Fairy though-I feel like that typing makes more sense thematically (it's also better defensively too). Also, giving it Levitate for its HA would be great (make it happen GF). Regarding its design, it's just so freaking cute. Especially when it casually sits on its tail in Pokemon Refresh. Using Psychic, and seeing its animation, from it is also pretty awesome.

Ninetales easily. Its design is just gorgeous and I like its unique typing and Hidden Ability. Overall, my ranking of fully evolved Alolan variants is: Ninetales>Sandslash>Marowak>Raichu>Exeggutor>Golem>Muk>Raticate>Persian>Dugtrio.

Vulpix, Ninetales, Exeggutor, and Dugtrio are my favourites. I like the first two because of how pretty they are (especially Ninetales), and I like the last two because of how hilarious they look, especially Dugtrio.

Sandslash, Raichu and -of course- Ninetales are my favourites...
And surprisingly, with USM, I've came to like Rattata. Haven't used him nor anything, but it's because of his dex entry, saying that if you bring him to the supermarket, he will help to get you ingredientes, because he only likes fresh food.
It's just really cute imagining a A-Rattata bringing you stuff to buy, and I find this thought adorable.

Golem, Marowak, Ninetales, Sandlash, Exeggutor, Raichu.

Most their type combos, hope we get other new pokemon with those too.
fire/ghost, Gras/dragon, ice,fairy, ice/steel and rock/electric deserve new (not legendary) pokemon with them.

I really liked Rattata and had high hopes for Raticate. But then they revealed it.... was disappointed.

I don’t know that I have a favorite. I feel like they didn’t add enough to warrent a favorite. I used a Raichu in sun. I don’t even like the Pikachu line. Is that my favorite?

I guess design-wise I really like the ice types. I think I tend to like the ones that completely changed types as opposed to the ones that just changed a secondary type.

Also, I hated Persian when I first saw it, but after using one for a little bit in US I think it’s growing on me. Like, now regular Persian’s head just seems tiny.

Eggy is the best one, making the Pokemon even more memorable and taking it in an even goofier/fun direction. Never thought we'd get a Dragon palm tree in Pokemon.

Raticate and Marowak are very good as well though, so they are my 2nd and 3rd favourites.

Vulpix and Ninetails, without a doubt. These Pokemon have always been fan favorites and favorites of mine, but now that they're Ice type (my favorite type) I love them even more.

Next is Exeggutor. Hilarious in design and wonderfully representing the tropical trees of, well, the tropics.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom