• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite and Least Favorite Game to Replay

DarkDragonite

Now with more Dark
Reaction score
What's your least favorite game to replay of the old games? For me, it's DPPt. I enjoyed them when they came out, but they just don't have much replay value to me. The region is kind of boring and the game itself is just really, really slow, something I rediscovered while using the Poke Transporter on Pokemon Black recently.

I enjoy replaying Firered/Leafgreen and Emerald, but I have to say that Heartgold is more enjoyable to replay because of the updated gameplay and mechanics.

Least enjoyable: Definitely the original Red and Blue. It lacks a post-game, meaning you'll have a short adventure, and the Pokedex is too tiny. FRLG rectifies this.
Most enjoyable: Kalos. It has a huge Pokedex and main game. Same thing with Black 2 and White 2.

Favorite: ORAS would be my favorite overall, but since this is for the older games, I guess it would be XY. Kalos is a beautiful region, I love the huge list of available Pokemon, graphic are awesome, and I find the story quite enjoyable.

Least Favorite: All gen 5 games; BW more than the sequels. The story bores me to tears, I hate almost every single character, I'm limited to just the gen 5 pokemon before beating the game (most of which I hate), and I don't like this Unova at all.

Favorite: Black and White. I loved the storyline and Unova has some of my absolute favorite Pokemon in the franchise. In fact, I've been toying with the idea of sending my GTS refugees over to Black 2--holding important items, of course--and restarting my playthrough. Granted, if I do that, I'll be sending over some level 1 Pokemon or an egg or two to get certain Pokemon that I want/need for the storyline.... (Yes, one will be a Golett. Didn't see that one coming, did ya?)

Least Favorite: SoulSilver. It's just a prettied up Johto and nothing more. The only times I've touched it was to send over Pokemon I needed for Black 2. Once I got my shiny Lugia, I put the game down and I haven't really tried touching it since.

Favorite: Diamond and Platinum because of the nostalgia~

Least Fvaorite: Heartgold because I just can't take that level curve. I also find the story in general to just be rather boring with only the nice gen IV Johto region graphics as a reason to play the game.

Favorite: Crystal & Emerald. Crystal especially; I love the colors in this game!

Least favorite: X & Y if those count, also Diamond & Pearl.

Favorite: Platinum

Least Favorite: Soul Silver, grinding takes foreeeeeeeever.

Ugh, I just can't replay any of the DPPt games. I don't regret trading in my copy of Diamond.

Favorite - Gold (I lost my old Red and Crystal)
Least - Stadium 2 because it cheats!

Favorite: BW/BW 2, so many choices for teams.

Least: Red, Blue and Yellow. I'm currently half way through Yellow and its pure torture. I ended up changing to an emulator that can fast forward because walking and battles where talking too long. Also all the Pokemon that I want to use are useless seeing how limited move sets were back in the day.

Favorites: Black and Platinum. The soundtrack! The story! The villains! The climax! THE NOSTALGIAAAA!!

Least favorites: DPPt and FRLG. Well, why is Platinum in my favorites? I love Platinum up until the end of the Spear Pillar incident; after that, the story goes pretty flat and there's not much else to push me forward. DP themselves don't have the saving grace of the Distortion World or Giritina. FRLG have some fairly potent nostalgia juice, but that's all they got going for em... it gets boring because I've raised so many Pokemon in those games, there aren't many new options to try out.

Least favourite: Pearl. I got it secondhand when I finally justified buying a DS and gave up on it. It was such a drag to play. I play Pokemon to have fun but Pearl was just hard work and I abandoned it for SS. I enjoyed SS but agree with the main criticisms. The level jumps are terrible and grinding is horrendous. But at the same time your Pokemon follows you and you get to explore two regions!

I'm struggling to pick a favourite. I loved playing Blue & Silver & Crystal when I was a kid. I finished & restarted those games so many times. At the time I loved them as much as I loved playing B&W and W2. I loved N and Ghetis & Alder. I loved that world and I miss the characters. But at the same time I'm on 128 hours of AS and love flag hunting and secret bases and creeping and mirage spots.

I can honestly say that Generation 5 was my least favorite to play, I don't know if it was my least favorite replay. I played the original Pokemon Silver so much last year I had the motivation for nostalgia and I started playing a Silver ROM. I couldn't do it. I don't know why, but I was unable to get past the first few gyms. I convinced myself that it was because it was a ROM and not the hard copy like I played when I was young. So I went out and bought a Gameboy Advance and a battery-dead Silver cartridge. I replaced the battery myself but still only made it to Mahogany town. It made me sad.
My favorite game to replay would probably be a tie between the original Generation 1 and Generation 4. I don't really know why I like Generation 4 so much, but I couldn't/can't get enough of it. I was a late gamer because I started playing Pokemon in Generation 2 when it came out, but to this day, my run of Pokemon Yellow was some of the most fun I've ever had. Thanks!

TEMMEC

My favorites are probably Colosseum, XD, Platinum, Black, Black 2, and AlphaSapphire. But my absolute most favorite is XD: Gale of Darkness. This is mostly because I have my favorite team on that game: Espeon, Houndoom, Breloom, Ampharos, Ursaring, and Walrein. The Shadow Pokémon games like it and Colosseum still fascinate me because while they kept the turn-based gameplay of the main series games, it's still a completely different concept in terms of Pokémon obtainability and storyline. If I had more time on my hands, I would replay both of 'em on my Wii.

Least favorite: Crystal and SoulSilver, but I still have a soft spot for Crystal because it was my first-ever Pokémon game. I think why these two games are my least favorite is because they lack in storyline compared to the future Generations of games. When I've played videogames more frequently in my younger years, I've always liked the ones that have a story to go with them. I like being told a story in a lot of stuff, what can I say?

My Favourite would have to be Black2 or White 2 because:
1. Challenge mode. I actually thought that this was one of the best ideas in a game, and if you transfer it from Black 2, you can play with it right from the start.
2. Massive Pokedex. There was so much variety in the sequels so that you could actually pick some of your favourites.
3. Elite 4 and Champion. The Elite Four was a fair challenge and Iris was even moire so.
4. Postgame. There was tonnes to do here. Seriously. Fighting every Gym Leader and Champion so far, catching a fair few legendaries, compleing the medal challenge (although this doesn't have to be done just in postgame), and the underwater ruins. Black 2 and White 2 probably had the best post game so far.

My least Favourite was X and Y. The postgame lacks too much and the only thing good was competitive battling, until I moved on to AS.

While my favorite game of all is Platinum, mostly because I'm a science guy and love the time/space shenanigans, I mostly find myself replaying BW/BW2. I love Platinum, but I really can't go back to single use TMs. Gen V spoiled me and BW had a fantastic plot...once I was finally able to actually make it to the 7th Gym without getting bored.

As far as least favorite to replay, I will always have a nostalgia for Gen I, but if I can't go back to single usage TMs, what makes anyone think I'd be capable of going back to limited item storage, limited movesets, fairly limited Pokemon (although I love the Gen I Pokemon). Don't get me wrong though, if I do go back and replay Gen I games it's for one reason, and one reason alone. Missingno. Oh how I wish they actually made that glitch into a real Pokemon.

Favorite:platinum,it isn't as slow as Diamond/Pearl,the regional Pokedex is fairly large,the storyline is great,and the Gym Leaders aren't complete pushovers.
Least Favorite:Black/White,the new experience system makes grinding tedious(even with all the Audino),the region's design is horrible,and I never liked the fact you couldn't check Reshiram/Zekrom's nature before the game saves automatically.

A number of games are a great gaming experience. But favorite out of these is Platinum.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
acheter Batman Arkham Knight

Last edited:
Most fav to least fav:

1. RSE/ORAS
I never get tired of Hoenn. ORAS aside, even with all the new graphics in the 3D era, RSE provides awesome entertainment again and again despite being old. There's so much exploring to do :3 It's weird that even though I know what to do in each area and pretty much know where to go each plot point, I still find it very exciting. Maybe it's just me being biased.

2. B2W2
Excellent pack of adventure with so many stuff to do even without connecting to the Internet :3 Hugh is my favorite rival, and I love reliving those moments of tagging along with him. Not to mention all those music ~~

3. BW
For story value. Watching the story build up to the very moment of N's castle gives me the thrills. Even when I'm not replaying, I still find Let's Plays of it occasionally.

4. DPPt
There's so much to do in Platinum and the difficulty level is perfect with rematches that never bore me, but I can't rank it higher because numerous times I just shut the game off out of exasperation - the slow travels were never agreeable and would always test my patience. ESPECIALLY THE ROUTE TO SNOWPOINT.

5. GSC/HGSS
Already replayed GSC way too many times to give a positive answer on HGSS. I played Gold version way too many times that it feels no fun at all in Johto anymore.

6. RGBY/FRLG
RGBY is too outdated. Same with Johto - I am so used to the Kanto map that I've got the entire area memorized (not perfectly, but I have the general idea) - it makes replaying FRLG really boring.

*XY
Not ranking it because I never replayed it.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom