• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite and Least Favorite Gym Leaders?

GGDeimos

Gen. V Female Sprite! :)
Reaction score
I actually really like the new (actually, not so new anymore) Sinnoh Gym Leaders like Candice and Maylene, but I think my favorites will always be in Johto. Clair is grumpy, but somewhat loveable.

My least favorite Gym Leaders are in two categories: Personality and Battling. I hate Pryce in the Battling category, and most definetly Whitney in the Personality category. I mean, who wants a bitchy Gym Leader?? I will admit I was pissed off when she wouldn't give me my badge at first. Then again, Clair did the exact same thing... :)

But what do you guys think?

Fantina has always irritated me with her constant "OHOOHOHOHOHHO!" quote. You're right about Whitney though, she's like a spoiled brat :p.

I think my favourite would be Tate and Liza, they're twins and they use Psychic types.

Hmm I like Candice shes my fav shes hyper and kawaii.

My least is umm Wake i think hes annoying soemtimes.

Favorites? Hmm... I've already answered that in another thread so...

Whitney and Tate and Liza. I hate them. I Bidoofing hate them.

My favorite has to be Morty because he uses my favorite pokemon, my least favorite would have to be Sabrina in RBY and Whitney, they are always hard to beat when I face them.

Battle-wise, my least favorite was Pryce. Seriously, it gets old how many times Dewgong can use Rest AND then still get Full Restores. Concerning personality, it has to be Bugsy. Perhaps it's just me, but all the Bug Catchers in R/B/Y ruined bugs for me.

My favorite, however, is Winnona for battling. I don't quite know why - but I always enjoyed getting the Feather Badge. Personality wise, it's a tie between Lt. Surge and Clair. :)

On Lt. Surge, all I can say is, "IN AMERICA!"

I do like Surge. Best electric leader yet (I'm waiting for a girl now).

I like most of the Kanto and Johto gym leaders. I like a few Sinnoh gym leaders as well. I don't like any of the Hoenn ones except Flannery. I don't like Blaine much or Pryce. I also don't like Whitney. Fantina can be really annoying at times.

Oh, Hoenn had some gems like Winona, Flannery, and Juan/Wallace (they were jsut cool looking though).

For me, my least favorite of all are all of Normal Type Gymleaders. I hate being sabotaged by Miltank's Rollout and Attract, and Slaking's Facade and Yawn. Even if Slaking has a Truant ability

Bugsy's probably my favorite leader. His Scyther's a bamf.

My least favorite leaders are Whitney (she should stop crying when she loses and get a life) and Misty (WHY does she have to be on a date when I want a battle?). Even though Misty doesn't go off on her date in the Kanto games, it's still enough of a fail to dislike her across the board.

Favorites:
Candice :crush:
Brock
Blue
Lt. Surge
Blaine (He looks like Robotnik :p)
Wattson
Chuck
Roark
Gardenia
Maylene
Crasher Wake
Byron

Least Favorite:
VOLKNER :mad:
Morty
Whitney (Her Miltank is annoying and she is a bit of a sore loser)
Pryce (DEWGONG and it's spamming of Rest)
Clair

My favorites would be:
Flannery
Gardenia (She is so kinky, made quite an impression on me on her first debut lol)

Least favorite uh I don't know but in the game especially original Silver/Gold Whitney was so annoying with that Rollout attack

My absolute fav is Misty!! I do, however, like Juan/Wallace, Brock, Flannery, and Roark.

Least favorites are clair and whitney. They're so immature, their names do't deserve to be capitalized xD

Any of the overly emo leaders: Volkner, Whitney, Clair—all of them can rot in hell.

I like all three fighters, Wake, Wattson, and Brock.

(I'm also partial to the concept of the twins, I just feel they were poorly designed/executed.)

I think this might be the fourth "favorite gym leader" thread I've seen. What happened to the other three.

Also, my favorite is Jasmine; she's definitely the prettiest, with her long hair and dress. My least favorite is Giovanni, since he's the evil villain.

Last edited:
Gen I:
Favorite: Brock, Misty (because of the anime), Erika
Least favorite: Koga

Gen II:
Favorite: Falkner, Jasmine, Clair
Least favorite: Whitney (that damn Miltank...)

Gen III:
Favorite: Roxanne, Brawly, Flannery, Wallace/Juan
Least favorite: Norman

Gen IV:
Favorite: Roark, Maylene, Volkner
Least favorite: Fantina

Favourites: Sabrina, Jasmine, Pryce, Flannery, Gardenia, Maylene, Candice.
(lol mostly youngish girls.)

Least Favourites: Whitney, Roark, Wake.

My favorites are Roark, Falkner, Jasmine, Morty, Maylene and Brock

Clair and Whitney were annoying, and I wasn't a fan of Bugsy either.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom