• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite and Least Favorite Gym Leaders?

Other Gym Leaders I like: Erika (cuz she's a geisha), Falkner (he's just awesome - cool outfit!), Pryce (cool old guy), Clair (I like her despite the attitude problem), Wallace (the whole artist thing is cool), Candice (the third person thing)

Other Gym Leaders I don't like: Brock (so bland - he's the only Gym Leader who I prefer the anime version), Lt. Surge (the anime and the manga have forever tainted him as a character), Bugsy (he looks way too androgynous), Wattson (never gravitated to Electric-type guys that much), the twins (I think they're too young to be Gym Leaders, personally), Cheren (did we really need to have HIM as a Gym Leader?)

I admit, I don't like Cress as much as I used to because of some of the lines they gave him in B2W2. It just doesn't seem in character for him. He seemed so nice and polite in the original Black and White - why did Nintendo make him take a level in jerkass?

Ironically, I used to hate Falkner (I saw him as a bit of a daddy's boy), but I've really warmed up to him. I used to despise Pryce quite a bit, but now he's my favorite of the elderly Trainers. HGSS is what saved him for me - they made him much nicer than he was in the original.

I would say overall my favorite Gym Leader is Morty. He deserves it.

My least favorite overall...maybe Volkner. I would have put Cheren, but Volkner seems like such an airhead and he's really selfish.

Last edited:
Favorites -
Lenora, she poses a good challenge in battle but is not annoyingly difficult. I also like how she acts in-game and her lines.

Least Favorites -
Elesa, she is a pain to battle against and most times took many tries to defeat.
Clair, She is also a pain to battle against, took many tries to defeat.

Favorite Gym Leader = Clay.
Least favorite gym leader = Juan. I hate his Kingdra.

My favourite is definitely Misty. Not only does she have the cutest design in my eyes, her gym in SS/HG was one of my favourites. On top of that, I think she's just an interesting and diverse character, plus her team is pretty well-rounded and adorable. <3

Least favourite? That's actually pretty hard, I like most of the gym leaders. If I had to choose, I'd say Elesa. Her design annoys me and she's got one of the most annoying personalities and gyms in-game. >>;;

Favorites: Brock, LT Surge, Blaine, and more. It's also hard to me to pick a least favorite since they where all good in there own way. But since I gotta pick I'd say Whitney here darn Miltank is the most annoying Pokemon ever. Always using Charm to make your pokemon not attack back.

Favs
Kanto: Sabrina. I like her character design and I'm impressed that she's an actress.

Johto: Morty. Mostly because of the HGSS design

Hoenn: Wallace. he has to stay a gym leader so Steven is the Champion A male coordinator as well - that was awesome

Sinnoh: Roark. He's in charge of a mine and even greets you Underground. Also, he gives you STEALTH ROCK, and his signature pokemon is Cranidos/Rampardos - my fav!!

Unova: Cheren. Mostly because of BW, but he was impressive for a first gym leader in the region.

Least favs
Kanto: Misty. Her Starmie killed my Wartortle. Also Green - will it kill you to give me your phone number when I ask nicely the first time? NO I DON'T WANT MASSAGES FROM YOUR SISTER.

Johto: Clair. Her Kingdra ffffuuuuu...

Hoenn: Norman. Sorry, "Dad", but your Vigoroth and Slaking were just too much to deal with.

Sinnoh: Crasher Wake. I don't hate him, but that was one tedious gym layout in Pt...

Unova: Skyla. I don't hate her, but she was owned too easily with a single Galvantula.

Faves:

Kanto: Erika. I just love battling Erika's pokemon, and I like her character design.

Johto: Morty, because I love ghost types and Ecruteak City. Plus he's cute NGL.

Hoenn: Flannery. I love battling her and her fire types. I also love her gym, and she's hot :p

Sinnoh: Candice. I love Candice's gym and her pokemon. She's a good challenging leader but she doesn't make you want to pull your hair out. Plus her character design is so cute.

Unova: Marlon. I like his gym (LILYPADS AASADKASFJFNN) and his pokemon. Plus his body is pretty much my dream body. *le sigh*

Least Faves

Blaine: I find him creepy and I don't particularly like his pokemon.

Johto: Clair.... Just no...

Hoenn: Tate and Liza. In my opinion just two musty bitches. I didn't like their gym and for some reason I have trouble beating them.

Crasher Wake: Don't like his gym, his pokemon, or him honestly.

Unova: Clay. Pushover, and I don't like his gym in either versions.

Favorites:

Kanto - Sabrina. She's a badass woman with psychic powers. How could you not like her?
Johto - Morty. He uses one of my favorite types, as well as one of my favorite Pokemon (Gengar).
Hoenn - Wattson. I don't know; he just seems like a cool guy, haha.
Sinnoh - Byron. Muscles. That is all.
Unova - Lenora. She just seems the most down-to-earth of all the other gym leaders in the region. You could probably learn a lot from her. Honorable mention goes to Marlon (just look at him and you'll know why).

Least Favorites:

Kanto - Janine. Only because I don't really care for Poison-types and her gym puzzle was kind of annoying.
Johto - Bugsy. He was just boring to me. Also, am I the only one that always knew he was a guy?
Hoenn - Tate and Liza. Their gym was hard, especially in Emerald. That was most likely because I had a Blaziken, though.
Sinnoh - Crasher Wake. *shrugs* I just like him the least of all of them.
Unova - Brycen. His gym was wayyyyy too easy.

JohtoAlso, am I the only one that always knew he was a guy?

I did ! (his french name is Hector. Kind of hard to think of him as a girl with such a name.)

My favourite gym leaders are: Sabrina, Morty, Roxie, Clay, Pryce, Elesa and Koga (Janine too, I guess). Sabrina is probably my most favourite because she's the original cool psychic. Plus her time in the anime was quite memorable.

My least favourite gym leaders are: Lt Surge, Cilan, Cress, Roark, Burgh, Brycen, Iris and most of the Hoenn gym leaders (barring Wattson, Flanney and maybe Tate and Liza). Quite a lot xD

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom