• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite (and least favorite) Pokemon cries in the games?

Frozen Fire

Squishy Blue Ditto!
Reaction score
Best and... worst cries?

Hi.

I just thought what do you think was the best and worst Pokemon cries?

I like Slowking, Arceus and Shaymin cries.

I dont like Darkrai and Abomasnow.

What about you?

The Sinnoh Pokemon have such interesting cries. I fell in love with Froslass simply because of her's. I also like Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus. Riolu's cry is the most adorable thing ever. And Croagunk's is very unique.

Off the toppa my head...

Good: Sneasel, Skarmory, Houndoom, Unown, Absol, Chatot (for some reason), Froslass, Luxray, and Cresselia.

Bad: Medicham, Exeggutor, Remoraid, and Octillery.

Ugly: Dialga. >_>

Lovely: Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Froslass, Cresselia, Riolu, Shaymin, Empoleon, Infernape, Glameow, Azurill. >w<
"I think my ears are bleeding": Starly (and it's evolutions as well), Golbat, Geodude, Graveler, Skuntank, Medicham, Remoraid, Octillery.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Dialga and his creepy scream is still my fav.

Oh, and Kricketune's is amazing.

Mismagius is sex. I find it horrible in contrast to Misdrevous's cry, since its just screeching digital noise.

Good: Pichu, Mesprit, Glaceon, Froslass, Azelf, and Raikou.

Bad: Gastrodon, Palkia, Heatran, Uxie, Lopunny and more.

I like Snovers cry. It's so adorable.
I don't like Mesprit, Uxie and Azelfs cries. They sound freaky when slowed down.

Agreed to those who hate Dialga's cry.

It sounds like a duck screeching with a horn.

Ones I can think of:

good: Skarmory/Pinsir (sound very similar), Palkia, Milotic, Snover, Starraptor, togekiss (even though it is a little weird), kind of like Torterras cry, victrebell, butterfree, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Clefairy/Clefable, ninetails, Jynx, Electabuzz, Articumo (except for the buzz at end of cry), Mewtwo Quilava, Ledian, Spinark sounds cool, togepi (it sounds like its saying togepi), flaffy, Marril/Azumarril, Sunflora, Girafarig, Corsola, Remoraid, Phanpy, Porygon2, Torchic/Combuskin/Blaizken, Poochyena, Zigzagoon/Linoone, Gardevoir, Whismur, Skitty, Volbeat, Lunatone, Cradilly, chimcho, snorunt, cmalperl, regice, grgisteel, deoxys, turtwig, Chimcar/Monferno/Infernape, Kricketot, Kricketune, Shinx/Luxio/Luxray, Combee, Cherrim, lopunny (even if its freaky), bronzor, happiny, chatot, skorpi, crogunk, finneon/lumineon, magnezone, leafeon, Glaceon, Froslass, Uxie/Azelf, Mespirit, Phione, Manphy,(my two favourite) and Shaymin/Arceus

Bad: (I like drowzee/hypno cry except for *fft* sound at end), blastoise Forretress, Steelix, Ursaring, Octillary, Houndour, Slopoke (what on earth?), silcoon, cascoon (sound like snakes), feebas/magikarp, bidoof, Dusknoirsheildon, foltzal (it creeps me out a bit), hippotos (huh?)

Why are they still using those horrible Game Boy quality cries in a Nintendo DS game ANYWAY?

Probably for nostalgia or something.

But hearing the cries of the DP Pokemon which somewhat resemble actual animals, it really makes you see how akward and computer-sounding the old cries sound.

Good: Weavile and Milotic.

Worst: Skuntank, it sounds like it's farting.

Well, wait..that's probably good.

No it isn't, it's gross!(I guess everyone has an opinion, but that's mine!)

My favorite cries: Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon, Happiny/Chansey/Blissey, Palkia, Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable, Budew/Roselia/Roserade, Skitty/Delcatty, Beautifly.

Least favorite cries: Dialga, Buneary/Lopunny, Stunky/Stuntank.

I like Daakurai's cry. Sounds like a crackling LP. Korotokko sounds cool as well, but I don't like Sanagirasu's (a Pokemon I'm training now). Pikachuu in the special version is very good, an actual voice.

No it isn't, it's gross!(I guess everyone has an opinion, but that's mine!)

My favorite cries: Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon, Happiny/Chansey/Blissey, Palkia, Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable, Budew/Roselia/Roserade, Skitty/Delcatty, Beautifly.

Least favorite cries: Dialga, Buneary/Lopunny, Stunky/Stuntank.

Lol, the first time I heard it, I thought my nephew ripped one since he was in the same room.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom