• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite (and least favorite) seasons?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
With the seasons changing all over the world recently, why not have a little discussion about our favorite seasons... and maybe even our least favorites, too?

My favorite season is probably spring, followed closely by winter. Spring is great because it has the warm weather that I like without being too hot like with summer, and I also love seeing all of the flowers come into bloom around that time. As for winter? I just love snow, and surprisingly, there's a part of me that actually likes the cold weather of winter (but not too cold, obviously).

Meanwhile, fall is actually my least favorite season, especially given that I live in a place where Daylight Savings Time exists. Being spoiled by all of that extra sunlight at night makes it even more unpleasant to see the sun go down at 4:30 in the afternoon. It also doesn't help that I tend to become less energetic and more depressed at night (early nighttime especially) compared to the earlier parts of the day. And as for summer? It's like spring, but much hotter. Not that it's horrible or anything; I just prefer spring-like weather instead.

My most favourite is summer. Less student obligations, better weather, you can stay out a lot and go to the beach, it's great.
My least favourite is fall. Comes right after my most favourite, obligations increase, weather gets worse but it's somewhat in the middle, you don't feel like neither staying in the warm home nor going outside.

I love the sting of the cold. There isn't much I enjoy like the sensation of shivering in bed as I'm going to sleep when it's 25°F or below at night. My favorite season is really just a toss-up between autumn and winter (frankly, they're kind of blurred where I live anyway). Fallen leaves, snow-covered ground... it's just a whole other level of beautiful, and the temperatures are delightful.

Heat can go die, so can tornadoes. Sodding midwest summers... :mad:

Fave- Autumn. I like the colours, apple, pumpkin, and festivals.
Least fave- Summer. It's too hot here.

Favourite: Winter. It's a much less hot version of summer with often clear days and less destructive storms, and I don't wake up in a pool of my own sweat from the heat/humidity.

Least favourite: Summer. For basically the opposite reasons to why I like winter. :p (Though if I lived elsewhere it'd probably be swapped. Although I love cool weather, I really love long sunny days)

Favorite: Fall. I love it when the weather is cool. And Fall is the weather of colorful leaves :D
Least Favorite: Summer. I hate the heat and the humidity. The stuffy atmosphere is just annoying. And there's a lot of rain during the summer so it's difficult to make plans to go somewhere.

I'd say late spring to early summer is my favorite part of the year, when everything is still blooming and it's usually not too hot. I don't really dislike any of the seasons, but winter after February and summer after August can drag on sometimes.

My favourite would be autumn. Summer is usually too warm for me (I still love it), and winter, while also loveable, is way too long here in Norway. Autumn is the perfect combo of hot and cold, it has nice colours (orange happens to be my favourite colour), and me and my family like to pick mushrooms and berries (which mostly pop up during autumn), not to mention Halloween, which I love very much.

Spring would be my least favourite. In Norway spring is usally just the trees coming somewhat to life, and dirty piles of snow. Not a fan.

Last edited:
We literally only have one season here: summer. Hot and humid 363/365 days a year. Only two days a year does it actually get nice around here, and even then "winter" is a myth. What is even snow~? I know what it is cause I went to boarding school up north for two years and man do I miss snow. Snow is great.

So yeah, I can't answer this question for where I live cause we only have the one season, but in other places? Winter is my favourite cause I love snow. Also, you can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so many off before you get arrested for public indecency, and even then it's still hot.

I like fall & winter because there's more hours of darkness and I can curl up underneath thick layers of blankets. I also like the changing of the leaves and the holidays and whatnot.

Least favorite season would be spring. I always feel depressed at seeing all the happy, smiling families hanging out in my neighborhood. For some reason it makes me feel so isolated and misunderstood...

I despise summer. Consecutive 40°C+ days are SOOO dumb. I use the air con every single night... used to live within walking distance to the beach, and also had a pool, but sadly no longer...

Winter, I love. I really don't like when people where I live complain about the winter. It's NOTHING. It never stays under 10°C during the day; what is the issue?! Geh. I reserve all my complaining quota for summer, at any rate. Sadly there isn't nearly as much rain as there needs to be, either.

Fall is my favorite season. It's slightly cold but not too much, it's cloudier more often, the leaves are pretty, etc. Winter is my second favorite, I suppose...I currently prefer cold weather to hot weather, and the snow is pretty. Though snow is also scary to drive in.

summer's my least favorite season. It's obnoxiously hot and sunny, and certain things associated it really bother me for personal reasons. Bleh. Spring's a mixed bag for me, but I like it more than summer.

I can see myself liking summer significantly more in like a year or two, but for now, I hate basically every single thing about it

Winter is really the only tolerable season where I live anymore. It's also naturally my favorite. I like cold weather because it's easy to deal with while being outside and it makes my room nice and chilly, enough to be under all of my covers. I like overcast, chilly weather, it makes me the happiest and makes me want to actually be outside. I think so much of nature being dormant is beautifully visually, too. The contrast between the green of the occasional evergreens with the brown bare trees, and yellow/brown dry grasses it is so beautiful. Especially when it is cloudy.

Autumn was my favorite season as a child, but the weather I associated with autumn has become pretty rare in autumn, and now it's hot and sunny in autumn a lot. :( Autumn is still better than Summer, and Spring (I hate Spring so much, it makes me depressed), though.

Favorite: summer
I like hot weather (I'd rather be too hot than too cold), there's no school so I can actually relax, and my birthday is in the summer

Least favorite: winter
I don't like the cold at all and windchill makes it feel even worse, I don't like having to put on lots of layers to go outside, and where I live we don't usually get more than a few inches of snow so we don't even get snow days

Favourite: Winter. I quite like the cold. Autumn is a close second.
Least Favourite: Summer. I absolutely can't stand the heat. It's hard to get cool, hard to sleep, and I can't stay outside for long in case of sunburn due to my really pale skin. Bleh

Favorite is Fall. Love the just barely there chill and the changing colors. The fall themed treats are also a plus! Its the only time of the year that my favorite ice cream place sells their Pumpkin ice cream!

Least favorite is Winter. I hate the cold. It doesn't help that it never snows here, just gets icy.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom