• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Favorite animated song as a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingKitty

Bad at summoning people
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread like this anywhere, so I decided to make one :D

What was your favorite song from a cartoon/anime/movie/etc. as a child? Whether it's an actual full-length song or just a character singing something for a few seconds, I think most of us can remember loving (and still loving, haha) songs/certain scenes from our favorite shows/etc. So why not share them here? ^_^

For me, I loved all the ridiculous songs from the early Spongebob Squarepants episodes, and my older sister and I still sing them to each other today for the lolz. One of my favorites is the "Indoors Song" and I used to sing it when my parents would tell me to stop playing Pokemon and go outside lol xD

[video=youtube;QSLzQStgTWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSLzQStgTWs[/video]

Take it away, Penny!

There are quite a few animated songs that I loved as a kid. I adored Chip Skylark's songs from The Fairly OddParents, especially My Shiny Teeth and Me. I loved the Ripped Pants song from Spongebob. When I was really little, I'd sing songs from Winnie the Pooh constantly. As I got older, I became obsessed with The Lion King and would sing Hakuna Matata all the time.

My absolute favorite song as a kid was "Honor to Us All" and "Ill make a Man Out of You". Mulan is my favorite Disney movie. :)

Rarely I praised animated songs, actually I always used to complain how animated movies have too much useless singing and it should be replaced with action. And the frustrating part was, the songs that most annoyed me were always stuck on my head and bdhilxfbhnjhfn**###....!!!

However I liked "All I ever wanted" and "Deliver us" from Prince of Egypt very much. Loved the powerful melodies! Also "Looking through your eyes" from Quest for Camelot was awesome.

Those songs from Mulan (mentioned above) were good too! Beauty and the Beast had awesome soundtrack too, but my favourites were actually instrumentals, not real songs. :D

I really liked "Circle of Life" and most of the songs from The Lion King growing up, with the exception of "Be Prepared" because it was a villain song. I was probably obsessed with a lot of other Disney ditties, but these stand out the most in my memory.

Now... I still really like all of those songs, "Be Prepared" now included. xD "Circle of Life" remains among my top favorite Disney numbers. Carmen Twillie did an amazing job on the song, and the visuals are beautiful. A great way to kick off the movie.

There are quite a few animated songs that I loved as a kid. I adored Chip Skylark's songs from The Fairly OddParents, especially My Shiny Teeth and Me.
I also enjoyed his songs quite a bit, and especially that one too. So catchy.

[video=youtube;M6jpIv7jJdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6jpIv7jJdA[/video]

I think mine were:

Be Prepared - Lion King
My Lullaby - Lion King 2
Poor Unfortunate Souls - Little Mermaid
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride - Lilo & Stitch
You'll Be In My Heart - Tarzan
Topsy Turvy - The Hunchback of Notre Dame

There's probably dozens more since I grew up on the Disney Movies. But even though I'm older I still love a lot of the songs, especially villain songs. I've also gained an appreciation for songs like "God Help the Outcasts" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Mainly the soundtracks to all the Disney movies. Standouts include 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Fox and the Hound, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, A Goofy Movie, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan & Tarzan. The latter is what introduced me to my favorite singer and drummer, Phil Collins, and as the years went on I then got into his own music as a solo artist and with Genesis, but that's a story for another time.

[video=youtube;YYEWabQoloM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYEWabQoloM[/video]

Speaking of Fox and the Hound, this song was always a stand out for me. Not sure why, now that I think on it. I do remember I knew the words by heart however.

I always liked the theme song to Inspector Gadget... and then I heard this masterpiece.

[video=youtube;OYBZrRCCrXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBZrRCCrXE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom