• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Anime Pokemon Appeals

Reaction score
Alola Anime & Manga viewers!

I couldn't find, nor have seen, a post such as this-so I thought I would ask! What is your favorite Pokemon appeal, a la Pokemon Contest style, that you've seen in the anime? And it doesn't have to be from an officially sanctioned Pokemon Contest-Pokemon Showcase performances, practice performances, or any event where a Pokemon has used its moves or natural abilities in a creative fashion (with or without command of a Trainer) can be considered.

For myself, one that immediately comes to mind is the performance given by Amelia in Master Class Choices!, with her Espeon and Dragonair. It was simply beautiful, impressive, and well-polished. I loved how Dragonair spiraled in order to freeze Espeon's entire Rain Dance, only for Espeon to shatter the countless icicles with Hyper Voice. She did a great job playing their moves off one another. It was like watching a Grand Festival Double Appeal, in my opinion. I think her talents are better suited in that field.

Well I can say for certain that for me Showcases have no appeal lol so my favourite will be from a Contest.

I think that my favourites are the combinations done by Solidad - her performances showed off cool and unique Pokemon that no other rival/trainer really had e.g. Slowbro. It was really cool because it felt flawless and done without difficulty especially when Slowbro used Psychic to 'ice skate'.
I also like Zoey's performances especially with her Misdreavus and her Glameow - my favourite Glameow bit was when it used Shadow Claw and created sparks on the ground and looked soooo menacing - I think that was the Grand Festival.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom