• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Battle Theme

It's got to be one of the ones from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. The whole soundtrack in those games is phenomenal and will probably never be topped. It's difficult to choose between the wild battle, rival battle and Gym battle themes. Listening to those three again just now, the Gym battle theme is the only one that gave me goosebumps, so I'll go with that one.

As much as I adore Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the remixed tracks just don't have the same emotional punch as the originals.

Last edited:
Wow how do I even choose... I’ll just post some of my favs (from the main series) in no particular order:

-Vs Sinnoh/Johto Frontier Brain
-Vs Galar Gym Leader
-Vs Galar Battle Tower Trainer
-Vs Eternamax Eternatus
-Vs Ultra Necrozma
-Vs Gladion
-Vs Gym Leader’s Last Pokémon BW & B2W2
-Vs Zinnia
-Vs Hoenn Frontier Brain
-Vs Galactic Boss Cyrus (USUM Remix)
-Vs Aqua/Magma Boss Archie/Maxie ORAS
-Vs Rainbow Rocket Boss Giovanni
-Vs Deoxys ORAS

Special mention to the Hoenn Gym Leader theme remix from Colosseum/XD

Leon's battle theme
Zacian and Zamazenta
Ultra Necrozma
Hop's battle theme
The two horse's and Calyrex's battle
Phase 1 and 3 of Eternatus
SWSH Gym Leader battle theme

Last edited:
Platinum's version of the Frontier Brain theme, which is kind of impressive considering that I've never actually experienced it through the game itself.

The RSE version of the Magma/Aqua Grunt theme is also incredible, and I think the Regi trio's battle theme is pretty timeless. It's held up in every iteration thus far and feels truly legendary.

Last edited:
My choices would be the Deoxys Battle Theme, the Emerald Frontier Brain theme (ironic, I know), Hau's theme (I love that guitar in the background) and Lusamine's second battle theme.

• VS frontier Brain will always be my favorite, it sounds nostalgic and epic and the same time in all versions.
  • VS Zinnia sounds elegant and intense.
  • VS Champion Iris and VS Diantha represent well their trainers and sound nice.
  • VS Hop and VS Leon sound really cool.
  • VS Aether because I love anything Aether.
  • VS Skull and VS Guzma sound very catchy too.

1: Marnie's league battle - I've air-guitared more than once to that note where the tune starts proper after the intro. It honestly feels like the kind of theme reserved for a main character - it kicks off with the Team Yell sting which has been re-contextualised by this point in the story, leads into the stadium/league hubub to emphasise the stakes and how far we've come, and then crashes into her character with a vengeance, with both the rocking guitar and the cutesy 'pink' bit. Utterly marvelous.

2: Eternatus 3 - In some ways a heartbreaking theme, because this deserved a far better story and visuals than SwSh was able to give it. Almost perfect were it not for the throttled alsatian backing, my personal headcanon has Bede and Marnie join the battle over the wolves, with each giving a stump speech reminding the player how they've evolved over the course of the narrative.

3: Wally's final battle - Probably would have been a contender for No.1 had the loop been longer. Comes out of nowhere and speaks massively to those themes of personal development.

4: Galar Gym Leader - LAAAA-LA LAAAAAAAAA! LA-LA-LA-LA-LAAAA, LA-LA-LAAAAA!

5: HGSS Champion battle - Grandiose and well-paced. About as good as a 'traditional' battle theme gets.

It's hard to choose just one. Here are some of my favorites:

- Vs. Kanto Trainer
- Wally's Final Battle theme (Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)
- Vs. Kalos Gym Leader
- Mega Evolution Successor Battle Theme in XY
- Vs. Deoxys (Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

I must admit that I have a weakness for RSE trumpet noises:

VS Champion Steven/Wallace
VS Team Aqua/Magma grunt
VS Frontier Brain (Emerald)
VS Archie/Maxie
VS Hoenn gym leaders
VS Hoenn Elite Four

from other games:

VS Frontier Brain (Pt)
VS Colress
VS Diantha
VS Galar Gym Leader
VS Johto Gym Leader

There are quite a few headbangers in battle themes, so that means there are a LOT of good choices. If there is one thing GF does right it's the game's music, as that's pretty much the one thing everyone can agree on. Now, for simplicity sake, I'll only list one theme per "type" of battle.

Regular trainer battle: Hoenn (both original and ORAS)
Rival battle: VS Gladion (he may be an edgelord, but god is his battle theme a real headbanger)
Gym Leader: BW (especially when you've knocked the Gym Leader down to their last Mon)
Evil team: Aqua/Magma
Evil Team Leader: VS Ghentis (the chanting certainly helps)
E4 Battle: Hoenn
Champion Battle: VS Cynthia (considering this is me we're talking about, that's a big, fat DUH!)
Wild Battle: Hoenn
Legendary Battle: BW (especially VS the Swords of Justice)

I think that's about all of them, at least off the top of my head.

I have a few favourites:

My #1 favourite is N's final battle theme. That ticking clock and heartbeat in the background together is perfection.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom