• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Favorite Best Wishes Rivals and Why?

Favorite Best Wishes Rivals

• Trip

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Bianca

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Burgundy

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Stephan

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Georgia

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cameron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Virgil

• Luke

• Montgomery

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Haise is KANEKI
Reaction score
Favorite Best Wishes Rivals, anyone?

So, Pokemon Best Wishes has 7 rivals : Trip, Bianca, Burgundy, Stephan, Georgia, Cameron , and Virgil, plus additional rivals Luke and Montgomery. So, which one do you like and huway? why?

Reaction score
Stephan.

He was good trainer, a likable character, and the most fun and well rounded. Plus, while that stupid joke was crammed down our *beep* throats, it was actually well handled in the dub (for once)

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd say "favorite rival" so much as "rival I disliked the least", but I choose Stephan. Basically, he didn't annoy me in anyway as compared to every other rival. I also didn't have many problems with his Pokemon or their appearances, aside from the Liepard they gave him at the league just so he'd have 3 Pokemon. His gag, as cliche'd as it was, also didn't annoy me as much as the other rivals' gags and quirks. I didn't like it, but I didn't immensely hate it either.

Descending into madness
Reaction score
I thought Burgundy was pretty fun. Seeing her and Cilan doing their connoisseur thing was always a joy to watch.

No
Reaction score
Stephan. He was mediocre but he's my favorite because the others were handled badly and too annoying to like.

I would have liked to have seen Montgomery become Ash's rival.

Monoceros
Reaction score
I have to go with Luke.... as if you have to ask why. But he was fun, since we didn't get to see a lot of younger Trainers who also wanted to be filmmakers.

Runner up would be Stephan. He and his Sawk were pretty awesome.

Reaction score
Bianca is one of the few airheads I find really cute and likable instead of annoying. It was also nice to see Ash having a female rival for a change.

Trainer since late 90's
Reaction score
Trip is my favourite rival of all the time. His character development has some missed points, I won't deny that but I just like his attitude. Just like a rival is supposed to be. He was just victim of a poor saga, that's all.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I have to go with Trip. He is a pretty decent trainer and good rival.

Reaction score
Bianca. Every time she showed up was great.

Stephan too. I loved the name gag part of the show. Arceus I miss Butch and Professor Namba.......