• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kihote

Can I have a snack?
Reaction score
If a thread like this already exists, my bad, if not WELL ITS ABOUT DARN TIME.

What is your favorite card and why? Do you just love the damage output? Is it a card which has gotten you out of hard places before? Or does it just look cool?

Personally my favorite card at the moment is:

Darkrai Lv X

Not only did it basically power up all of my dark types, but it also made putting my opponent to sleep much more entertaining from my point of view. There's also the coolness factor which comes from the art and the fact that its ....well, Darkrai.

Well... i thought we hd this thread already, but I can't find it. So this is the new one.

My favorite card is Base Set Error Wartortle... just because I stumbled across it while looking through my collection one day when I was little. I've hung on to it ever since.

My "signature" card is base set Kadabra (or alternatively Neo Discovery Xatu). Once I get him out then I just Super Psy everything and win. This only works when I play against my friends who use older cards / crappy cards though... the newer cards have improved so much that I can't even get Kadabra out onto the field and even if I do then Super Psy isn't all that great of a move anymore (it used to be though... 3 energy for 50 damage with no discard was pretty good back in the day).

I also like the first promo Mew, for its 2 attacks (either one can be pretty good if used in the right situation) and I just like Mew.

For pure looks, Ancient Mew is my favourite.

I find fossil and ancient Pokémon to be cool so my favourite sets are Fossil and Neo Discovery.

Also I had this _____'s Chansey, which was awesome because it was so mysterious. No one could read Japanese and the rarity symbol was white which was very unusual.

As for cards that I never owned, I like the Imakuni? cards. Most are very funny / creative. There's one with 2000 HP (although it can never be played as a Pokémon), there's one that makes you play with the deck and prizes face up, and there's one with a Pokémon Power that tells you to throw the card, lol

And in addition to all of those, I like any type of misprint card.

As for cards that I never owned, I like the Imakuni? cards. Most are very funny / creative. There's one with 2000 HP (although it can never be played as a Pokémon), there's one that makes you play with the deck and prizes face up, and there's one with a Pokémon Power that tells you to throw the card, lol

This is the first I've heard of them and I just looked them up........hilarious

When I was collecting when the first few sets were out, the cards I always liked to get were the base set haunter and arcanine (for obvious reasons). Don't get me wrong, the holo's were great, but I always stockpiled those 2 uncommon cards being two of my favorite pokemon. As far as card appearance and which pokemon is on the card, I really like the Dark Blastoise Holo from the Team Rocket set and the full art Shaymin EX from Next Destinies. I am also really looking forward to getting one of those secret shiny chandelure cards (jealous).

Porygon (Team Rocket 48)
Voltorb_(Base_Set_67)
Magnemite (Neo Discovery 7)
Sableye (EX Crystal Guardians 10)
Gengar (Stormfront 18)

Also, basically all of the cards that look like they're made from clay.

In terms of gameplay I really really like Mew and its grown up cousin Mew EX. Mew is a fragile Basic so you need a way to get those Pokemon you want to use into the Lost Zone before you bring it out, and then keep it alive with its pitiful 60 HP. Mew EX makes me think that Call of Legends will be rotated out. Oh, and it will probably be worth a pretty penny... Say goodbye to the Lost Zone!! Pure Speculation >.>

As far as pretty pretty cards, I really like most of the Full Arts, especially:
Groudon EX
Darkrai EX

For me its my ninetales. its the only one I have really. Bought when I was a kid and I still have it.

Well, let's see. I don't really have a favourite. I have no specific fav. I just like all the Psychic type ones. But if you shouted 'specifically', then probably Meloetta, Cresselia, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie and all the legendaries. Don't yell another 'specifically'. That's the most specific thing I've got. See, that's what I mean by 'no specific fav'. Although the ex cards...uh...Reshiram EX, Zekrom EX, Kyurem EX and Mewtwo EX - they're really cool. I don't have them, but my friend does. She's an avid collector of Pokemon games and legendary Pokemon, but she's mostly hooked on water-types. Well, I guess everyone has their own favourite.

Ancient Egytian Mew & special delivery Dragonite. I bought them from a collectibles shop at the same time and never thought i'd own any really rare cards.

Like a lot of people, I have a huge soft spot for pretty much any card from Base Set - Fossil. As far as new stuff goes, I certainly love my Tropius. Looking forward to Skarmory-EX in the next set. I'm going to need to own about a hundred of them.

I used to have 2 Base Set 2 Charizards until I sold my collection. Those 100 HP attacks used to wreck

Sigilyph (Plasma Blast 41) for holding 4 Eviolites or, even better, 3 Eviolites and 1 Rock Guard (Plasma Freeze 108).

Also a big fan of Sigilyph (Dragons Exalted 52) for personal reasons and for kicking Pokemon EX in places that hurt.
Also obviously a huge fan of Sableye (Dark Explorers 62) for Junk Hunt and Sableye (Stormfront 48) for Impersonate.

I do not play the TCG however I do like the look of the cards. I personally really think Ancient Mew is a really cool looking card. It stands out a lot.

I look at every single Infernape card that exists on Bulbapedia and see the Team Plasma one. I'm like, "I wish I had that card!" then I look at my collection and I have it! I also really like the Foul Play Zoroark that lets you look for any 2 cards and use the opponent's attacks. Charizard G Lv. X is also one of my favourites. I wanted it really badly and was looking for it for a long time, so I get a Supreme Victors pack and in the pack there was Charizard G Lv. X!

My favorite card is from the first Rocket Pack : Dark Dragonair. I love the ilustration and the poké power from this card.

Beautifly #21 from Platinum
I love the attacks it offers.
Plus I like how Silcoon has Ascension to easily get me that card (as long as it's in my deck and not amongst the prizes).

My Favorite card is the holographic Blastoise from the base set because Blastoise is my favorite pokemon lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom