• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Choice Users

Choice items, eh?

In BW my Politoed always had Choice Specs, which I never found useful.

Currently, I run a Scizor with a Choice Band on my Steel monotype team. It's base attack reaches 591, which is insanely powerful.

I don't really have TOO much experience with choice, but for what I have done, my favorite Choice Band user is Scizor. It can defeat so much it's insane. For Scarf, I'd probably have to go with Heliolisk. His movepool isn't extremely wide, so he will resort to STAB often, and of this he often uses Volt Switch. I love volt switch... ^_^ As for Specs, though, I don't recall having any successful users. The only one I've really done, which was an absolute fail, is Alakazam. I later stopped it and replaced it with a Megazam and Life Orb. Either works.

People always underestimate my choice users. ~

Specs Jynx, Banded Venusaur and Scarfed Landorus

Why Banded Venu? HP Ground/Fire and Giga Drain are two of its best moves, plus they're special.

It could throw people off, trying to switch in their SpDef wall just to get owned by a Power Whip or Earthquake. His attack isn't too inferior to make it impossible and his physical movepool isn't too barren.

Why Banded Venu? HP Ground/Fire and Giga Drain are two of its best moves, plus they're special.

It could throw people off, trying to switch in their SpDef wall just to get owned by a Power Whip or Earthquake. His attack isn't too inferior to make it impossible and his physical movepool isn't too barren.

Special LO/M-Venu just has more staying power compared to any of the choice sets.

Although it can be a pretty obvious strategy, when used right Banded Retaliate Slaking is really fun just because of the raw power it can dish out.
Banded Archeops is nice too.

Scarfed Pangoro is fun but I have to run Jolly because of how slow it is.

I don't use specs that much but I used to have an adaptability Porygon-Z that was great with it.

Special LO/M-Venu just has more staying power compared to any of the choice sets.

I mean I thought this thread was for our favorite Choice users. I know LO/MVenusaur is premier but hey, he did say his guys were underestimated and it must work for him somehow.

I mean I thought this thread was for our favorite Choice users. I know LO/MVenusaur is premier but hey, he did say his guys were underestimated and it must work for him somehow.

To be quite blunt Terra, I don't care what the 'best' set is for a Venusaur. I don't care much for the competitive field, so I like to try new things rather than just sticking to what everyone else uses. I hate it when people say stuff like this because I just don't care. Sorry for being so rude, but I'm sick of seeing people on other forums criticising what I enjoy just because it isn't the most commonly used sets. Besides, I don't see how it doesn't work just as well when people always switch in things like Chansey into my Venusaur expecting a Sludge Bomb, then receive a Power Whip to the face, destroying their wall. It does work, and it will always work regardless of the meta.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom